Mens Tennis Forums banner

WWW Toronto R3: Murray vs Gasquet

2K views 26 replies 27 participants last post by  Skyfall 24 
#1 ·
Murray in 3 I reckon, not overly convinced by him today despite the scoreline.

#12 ·
I think Murray will win in 2. My gut tells me he is going to be very motivated to have a good hard court season after a disappointing Wimbledon.

#13 ·
50-50 match, should be a tight 3-setter either way.

#21 ·
Eh? 50/50 for Murray v Gasquet? Even considering Murray's poor year, he's in Gasquet's head and is obviously far better, one loss to him in the last x years, etc.

Usually a pattern in these that Richard starts brightly and causes Murray trouble, but once Murray gets going Richie loses all belief and gets blown away. Given the way Gasquet has played in recent times, this would be a massively disappointing defeat, should it go the way of the Frenchie.

#16 ·
Look how Murray running out of luck now, there were days he was facing JJ/Verdsco kind of guys in SF/QF of majors.

Kyrgios- Gasquet- Djokoking/Tsonga- WAWA/Dimi- Fed/Berdych/Milosh/Cilic.

If Murray wins tournament in this draw I'll definitely concede publicly he's not "Professional Tour Level Pusher".

Only interesting part remaining in this story that who sends him packing. Murray should beg to Tio here may be he gets his luck and easy draws back.

#18 ·
Unfortunately Murphy in 3, getting broken by Karlovic is a bad omen for Richard :(

#19 ·
Murray plays like he did last night he will be fine, people label every different style on MTF so negatively but Murry is so good at keeping players away from there weapons and forcing them to awkward spots just to stay in rally's as they maneuver. That's not an insult that's no a pusher like Matt Ebden is it's a smart player. Its also the kind of game that should put an a form wavering Gasquet out of the tournament. In Two.

#20 ·
Gasquet is easy meat for Murray so I guess Andy in 3

#24 ·
Muzza is disposing off average Joe's with ease and Gasquet is exactly this nowadays. The problems come with quality players. Andy in smth

#27 ·
Sir Andrew to take this in 2.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.