Mens Tennis Forums banner

Milos Raonic last saviour for Canadian Open Pospisil Bouchard lost.

3K views 62 replies 39 participants last post by  Sombrerero loco 
#1 ·
The Canadian Open is in shambles so many Canadians got bounced on the men and women side. Eugenie Bouchard just got humiliated losing to an unknown American Girl. Vasek Pospisil lost to Richard Gasquet his momentum from Washington DCi is out. Two of Canada's young stars lost only one left. The pressure is on Milos Raonic to save the Canadian Open and go deep in the event.

#21 ·
You couldn't have opened this in the Canadian forum? The only real shocker is Bouchard's loss, and Polansky's first round win.

Besides Dubois is still alive.

There's a time to hide your patriotism...and this is one of them, this really is just a bait for trolls.

#23 ·
That's funny, I'm attending this year and having a great time .. lots of great matches. Yah, some of the Tennis Canada stuff is over the top ("No sir, I do NOT want a stupid red 'GO CANADA' piece cardboard to wave around - can you ship that to a hockey arena somewhere? Or at least save them for Davis Cup???"), but really you can just ignore that and enjoy most of the tennis elite (but not JMDP or Kei, *sniff* ... oh and that other top level guy too :devil:).

Also, first time seeing some great young players (Kyrgios, Kokkinakis, Thiem, and even Schnur) .. all of them impressed me in one way or the other.

Sure having Vasek lose is disappointing, and if Milos loses early (not completely unrealistic) it too will be disappointing. But tournament in ruins? Come on, lots of great tennis to see.

#26 · (Edited)
When I went to the Wimbledon semis this year I met Milos he was a great guy and he signed my autographs and everything and shook my hand I felt like crying, compared to Genie who rudely moved me away after I kindly asked her for a autograph. Bouchard attitude stinks and she seems like a horrible person delighted with what Shelby did to her two bagels lol, Raonic in contrast great guy and I wish him all the success in the world.

#32 ·
When I went to the Wimbledon semis this year I met Milos he was a great guy and he signed my autographs and everything and shook my hand I felt like crying, compared to Genie who rudely moved me away after I kindly asked her for a autograph. Bouchard attitude stinks and she seems like a horrible person delight was Shelby did to her two bagels lol, Raonic in contrast great guy and I wish him all the success in the world.
Milos genuinely respects people, in general, it seems. Unlike someone who secretly harbors disdain from those they seek attention + adoration from… not mentioning names.

That said, Genie's probably a focused girl with just a lot of distractions to deal with now. I've seen nothing that would indicate she thinks less of those around her.

#29 ·
I am happy that Shelby won.
Bouchard should stop listening to Federer.
This guy Federer is spoiling other tennis players by saying not showing any emotions is good and whatever he is doing is the right thing.

The truth is players should definitely show their emotions....otherwise...one fine day it will culminate to a great embarrassment and end up in uncontrollable crying like in AO 2009 final.

Players should let out their emotions...unless they are mentally strong.

Moreover without these emotions by players who would watch tennis matches. It would be boring.

Bouchard should not hide her emotions. It will be good for tennis, viewers and herself.

#30 ·
I missed the Genie match. Looks like the pressure got to her. New, talented players often play with a reckless abandon. Welcome to the spotlight girl and how does the weight of expectation feel?

#31 ·
:facepalm: All these canada threads lately are annoying as f***

Reactions: Snowwy
#39 ·
Agreed. Just stop the disgusting nationalism already and save that discussion for the same small minds who discuss the Kardashians.

If you like RaoDic, then fine! But why is it bad for Canada? What is Canada? Canada doesn't exist. You shouldn't derive such satisfaction in identifying yourself with a man-made label. These people aren't like you. They're just fucking not! They are elite athletes who trained for their whole lives to achieve this kind of level. And you are not, so stop this BS in saying crap like "I see a part of myself in RaoDic because he's Canadian". It's utter nonsense.

#34 ·
Really not a fan of Canada. Beautiful country but their people just get offended for the silliest of reasons. It's like visit a whole other planet with PC police masquerading as regular folks

#35 · (Edited)
Really not a fan of Canada. Beautiful country but their people just get offended for the silliest of reasons. It's like visit a whole other planet with PC police masquerading as regular folks
We're generally politer than you as well. We don't say "what?" We say "pardon?" So yeah, we're very sensitive even though we demand fighting in hockey.

P.S - We like it when you guys think it sucks up here ;)

#43 ·
I would ask from now on that Canada-specific threads are put into the Tennis Canada subsection of the site - as many posters have pointed out, there have been way too many Canada-centric threads in GM of late. If the same threads continue to show up I will close them - its not a crime to not notice Canada, nor do people need to be "educated" about Canada.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.