Mens Tennis Forums banner

TT Quiz Special (Week 47) - Congrats to 156mphserve and Forever-Delayed/Freak3yman84

20K views 343 replies 39 participants last post by  supertom 
#1 · (Edited)
Tennis Tipping – End of Season Tennis Quiz Special

Rules

Every day an OOP of 10 or 15 Tennis related questions will be posted (relating to active players only). The Most difficult questions will be posted at the top of the list. There will be a shootout if both players give the same amount of answers – the shootout will be explained each day depending on the types of questions asked.

Entry list is done in order on committal.

Players will have questions to answer each round

#305 · (Edited)
Re: TT Quiz Special (Week 47) - Day 4 - SF Post 127 - Deadline Wednesday 6pm CET

SINGLES and DOUBLES FINALS (1 DAY)

1. This tennis player has won his only singles title at the ATP-level after going through qualies. His final opponent was player who reached 4 ATP finals in his home country only.
2. This tennis player reached his first career ATP final on ATP1000. He has beaten one active world №1 player, two former world №1 players and one former world №2 player during this great event.:worship: He lost to TOP-20 player in the final.
3. This tennis player, who was born in Chicago, played his only ATP-level final in the last century.
4. This European tennis player won 4 USO matches out of 5 in five sets. He always lost in the second round there (twice in five sets also).
5. This player (former TOP-50) is most successful on the US Outdoor/Hard courts. He was in Quarterfinal of the USO after qualies. He reached ATP-level finals three times, all in American summer ATP tournaments.
6. This player reached his first ATP final as Lucky Looser, in the tournament which was played for the first time in history that year.
7. This tennis player lost in Grand Slam with a score of 0-6 0-6 2-6. He only won four games in the next match with the same opponent.
8. This Chinese tennis player has won player №30 at the ATP-tournament, but lost to TOP-5 in the second round.
9. This American tennis player has won 10 ATP titles. He has won two titles in Europe, which he won at the same tournament during two years in a row.
10. This tennis player lost his first GS match with score 0-6 2-6 1-6 to Marat Safin:rolleyes:

SEND YOUR ANSWERS TO HIDALGO AND ADEYC TILL THURSDAY 22TH OF NOVEMBER, 6 pm CET!
PLEASE, SEND LAST NAMES (ACTIVE PLAYERS) ONLY.

GOOD LUCK!

#308 ·
Re: TT Quiz Special (Week 47) - Day 4 - SF Post 127 - Deadline Wednesday 6pm CET

7. This tennis player lost in this year's Grand Slam with a score of 0-6 0-6 2-6. He only won four games in the next match with the same opponent.
Hidalgo, there has only been 1 match this year at a grand slam with the scoreline 6-0, 6-0, 6-2 and they haven't yet played after that match. Do you mean other years included or no?

#306 ·

Play against Forever-Delayed/Freak3yman84 in final.. Good luck :D
You always have the highest possible score.. Amazing!

Btw, I just want a precision on the rules: Is there exchange of information between double partner possible? For the moment, we didn't exchange any information with Nixer.. But want to be sure of the rules (If it exists ^^)

#307 ·

Play against Forever-Delayed/Freak3yman84 in final.. Good luck :D
You always have the highest possible score.. Amazing!

Btw, I just want a precision on the rules: Is there exchange of information between double partner possible? For the moment, we didn't exchange any information with Nixer.. But want to be sure of the rules (If it exists ^^)
You too ;)

No, we both got a question wrong in the first round.

And if that's a rule, then we should be disqualified because we've been sharing answers this whole time :p It's amazing that you've gotten this far without sharing! :bowdown:

#319 ·

btw, 60 60 62 was twice this year
Not in grand slams...

#323 ·

2. This tennis player reached his first career ATP final on ATP1000. He has beaten one active world №1 player, two former world №1 players and one former world №2 player during this great event. He lost to TOP-20 player in the final.

first ATP singles final?

#329 ·

singles finalists sent 10 correct answers so i can post results in singles:wavey:

Singles FINAL draw

10:10 | 156mphserve vs. Freak3yman84 CountBack 51

Congrats, 156mphserve! He is champion!!!! :bigclap: 100% answers during the tournament!:worship:

Freak3yman84:) great playing also! -1 point. question about Matosevic was fatal:p

#331 · (Edited)

Congrats to 156mphserve and Forever-Delayed/Freak3yman84!

Big thanks for all the questions and managing to Hidalgo :worship: and for managing to AdeyC :yeah:
AdeyC will post doubles result later, but CONGRATS to doubles champions Forever-Delayed/Freak3yman84!!!:worship:
Exellent team!
Congrats doubles finalists Nixer/SUPERTOM09!

also THANKS to all players who take part here!!!!:wavey:
And thanks to Adey for his great help!!!:worship:

#337 ·
I was expecting this :lol: Nice pick with Matosevic, and congratulations 156mphserve! :bowdown:

And thanks Forever-Delayed for being a great partner! :yeah: I would've missed a lot more questions without you :p :hug: To SUPERTOM93/Nixer you both are very nice and had a great tournament ;)

Lastly, thanks Adey and Hidalgo for great managing! It was so fun to play, and I had a great time. Hidalgo, I do hope you change your mind and make more of these quizzes because everybody loves them including me :)

Thanks all! :hatoff:

#340 ·
1. Becker
2. Mirnyi
3. Bastl
4. Petzschner
5. Muller
6. Kubot
7. Berlocq
8. Bai
9. Blake
10. Djokovic

:wavey:

#342 ·
:woohoo:

Congrats to Freak3yman, and Fovever Delayed:wavey:

Thanks to Hidalgo and AdeyC, awesome job as always :yeah:

This was fun, not your typical TT event as with work researching you could guarentee success but fun nonetheless. The question were harder than I was expecting, especially Tuesday's questions, I was searching for a long while. My win came down to mostly luck in being able to find the Matosevic answer, and actually having the time to look.

Now I just have to get my university profs to give me open bok tennis quizzes and I might be able to get good marks there too :lol:

#343 ·
Thank you guys a great even. I had so much fun looking for the answers ;)

#344 ·
Really good time with this event.
Thank you so much for organizing this gamer. Hidalgo & adey you did a great job!
Thx nixer! Your rapidity and dexterity to search & find the answer impressed me.
And finally congrats to 156mphserve & freak/forever (the 2F beat the Franco-Russian association! Well done)

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.