Mens Tennis Forums banner

I Hope Marcos Likes Pasta - Telecom Italia Masters Roma 2006

2K views 57 replies 13 participants last post by  kindablue 
#1 ·
Well since Marcos' plans have changed I will try another thread. I hope Marcos is able to play in Rome ;)

#52 ·
Well maybe since his girlfriend wasn't there Marcos' personal life may not be going very well at this time? So he can't keep focused on his tennis like he should. Also he is now in the Top Twenty so I believe this increases the pressure on Marcos. When he was relatively unknown no one expected him to win Matches, but now he is in the Top Twenty so he is expected to win Matches. So maybe everything is getting difficult for him to handle well right now, who knows :shrug: But we will just have to hope Marcos can get everything straighten out and soon.

#53 ·
It was no doubt a poorly played match by Marcos and very disappointing. Maybe he just had a bad day :shrug: (I hope). I guess we have to wait and see what happens next week. I'm really hoping he is focused and plays well in Hamburg because this loss was very disappointing.

#54 ·
Mae said:
Well maybe since his girlfriend wasn't there Marcos' personal life may not be going very well at this time? So he can't keep focused on his tennis like he should. Also he is now in the Top Twenty so I believe this increases the pressure on Marcos. When he was relatively unknown no one expected him to win Matches, but now he is in the Top Twenty so he is expected to win Matches. So maybe everything is getting difficult for him to handle well right now, who knows :shrug: But we will just have to hope Marcos can get everything straighten out and soon.

You are right there Mae.I don't think it has anything to do with Camille.It's just that now he 's under pressure to deliver the goods with him being a hero i Cyprus and everything. He was playing much better when he had nothing to loose.Another thing is his age.He maybe 20 but in some way he 's not matured enough
for his age. He even admits himself that he feels like a little kid.Maybe spending such a long time on his own in France did't do him much good in that department. After AO too many things happened to him at the same time and he didn't have enough time to process everything in his head.That said i think it's all a matter of time before he 's fully there again.My personal opinion is that Marcos will come to his full potential after the grass season.But that could come even earlier with a bit of luck,
like an easy draw and some solid wins to boost his confidence.
Let's all hope that starts happening in Hamburg!!!

#55 ·
It's funny you should mention in some ways Marcos "is like a little kid".
That's actually one of the things I like about him. He brings such joy to tennis when he is on the court. However, I do agree he has had a lot to process in a very, very short time. He started to climb in the rankings very quickly maybe even alittle too quickly. I mean I know all of us fans like his high ranking, but it does change things for him. Maybe if the climb up had been a little slower he would have had less trouble :unsure: However, now he just has to deal with everything the best he can. I hope he can regroup in Hamburg and I want him to get that joy back when he is on the tennis courts. Marcos was just not meant to be a racket smasher :)

#56 ·
I didn't mean it that way.I think Marcos will be like that forever that's why we all like him so don't worry "the little kid" will always be there!!! It's just that i think that maybe he 'd be able to cope better with the situation if he had grown up under different circumstances.

#57 ·
kindablue said:
I didn't mean it that way.I think Marcos will be like that forever that's why we all like him so don't worry "the little kid" will always be there!!! It's just that i think that maybe he 'd be able to cope better with the situation if he had grown up under different circumstances.
I mean the circumstances he grew up in are what makes him. Staying with Yiannos before realising they had to go overseas for him to develop his game.

It was a bad loss and a brain explosion on court, but he wasn't put under pressure to miss forehands by metres. Marcos is still developing and has a lot to work on and the expectation thing he will have to deal with that and he is capable of doing it.

#58 ·
Personally I accept Marcos as he is, for what he is .I just can't get over the reaction of a part of the Cypriot press after he lost to Nadal in Indian Wells.I believe Marcos doesn's owe anybody anything and Cyprus did absolutely nothing for Marcos until he went to the final at the A.O.So there is no reason for us Cypriots to put him under more pressure than he is already under.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.