Mens Tennis Forums banner

Favorite Movies

17K views 464 replies 157 participants last post by  casillas_girl 
#1 ·
Just curious what everyone's tastes in movies are. :) Maybe people can get good recommendations from this (I know I'm looking for some recommendations lol).

My favorites are:

Amélie
What Dreams May Come
Meet Joe Black
Fools Rush In
Shrek 1 and 2 :p
Moulin Rouge
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
And as of today: Frida :)

#27 ·
Suzi said:
lol well both really, yeah it totally freaked me out (plus the fact my little brother looks like the boy in it :lol: ) but i love horror stuff even if it does stop me sleeping for weeks :p
:scared: your little brother...... I like scary movie too, but not this kind, more like The Six Sense or The Others.

Ju-On is just too sick for me.

#28 ·
joeb_uk said:
1 Cidade De Deus (City of god)
2 Hero
3 Centrale Do Brasil (Central station)
3 (2) Hotel Rwanda
4 Carandiru
5 Requiem For A Dream
6 Blood In Blood Out
7 Midnight Express
8 Lost In Translation
9 House Of Flying Daggers
10 Stand By Me

Other films worth mentioning:
Ichi The Killer, Hero, City Of God, Fong Sai Yuk, Ong-Bak, Thirteen, Internal Affairs, Battle Royale, Blow, Ghost-dog, Ping-Pong, Lost In Translation, Carandiru, Central Station, The Man Who Copied, Boyz N The Hood, The Green Mile, Stand By Me, Midnight Express, Last Samurai, House Of Flying Daggers, Requiem for a Dream, Blood In Blood Out, Motorcycle Diaries, Y Tu Tambian Mama, Amores perros, The Shawshank Redemption, Fight Club, Spy Game, Cannibal Holocaust, Million Dollar Baby, Irreversible, Hotel Rwanda
Even if your a psychotic maniac, I think I love you.

#31 ·
The usual suspects is such a cool movie , I liked so much!

umm.. I have maaany favorites, I couldn'tchoose just a few..but I'll say the ones I remember right now:

Psycho
The Shinning
The Silence of the Lambs
Requiem for a dream
Dogville
Amores Perros and 21 Grams (well,the both are quite similar, considering they are directed by this Alejandro Glez. guy )
Apocalypse Now ( amazing marlon)
Closer
Manhattan murder mistery and Annie Hall

can't remember more now.

#32 ·
Well, those are the ones that have come to my mind immediately, but I'm sure there are a bunch of others! :)

Philadelphia
Apollo 13
Le Jaguar
Mission To Mars
Alien (The Resurrection)
The Fan
A Dry White Season
The Silence Of The Lambs
The 6th Sense
Seven

#37 ·
novanora said:
I gave it up halfway when I watched Salo....:tape:
hehe, it was showing at a local cinema a few months ago! Is it really that bad?
Are there many ****s in this movie? i dont mind watching violence etc, not that much would phase me. But i dont like to watch ****s :sad:
Also is the scene where they are forced to eat shit that graphic and disturbing?

#38 ·
joeb_uk said:
Are there many ****s in this movie? i dont mind watching violence etc, not that much would phase me. But i dont like to watch ****s :sad:
Also is the scene where they are forced to eat shit that graphic and disturbing?
What exactly is this movie about? :scared:

#39 ·
here are some of my faves :)
Schindler's lists
Amélie
The Lord O f The Rings (Trilogy)
A Very Long Engagement
The Motorcycle Diaries
Hero by (Zhang Yimou)
Moulin Rouge
GoodBye Lenin!
Les Choristes
The Godfather
The Shawshank Redemption
The Pianist
Spirited Away
Princess Mononoke
Unforgiven
Before Sunrise
Before Sunset

Reactions: Damita
#43 ·
Sol Apollo said:
What exactly is this movie about? :scared:
Four fascist libertines round up 9 teenages boys and girls and subject them to 120 days of physical, mental and sexual torture

Set in the Nazi-controlled, northern Italian state of Salo in 1944, four dignitaries round up sixteen perfect specimens of youth and take them together with guards, servants and studs to a palace near Marzabotto. In addition, there are four middle-aged women: three of whom recount arousing stories whilst the fourth accompanies on the piano. The story is largely taken up with their recounting the stories of Dante and De Sade: the Circle of Manias, the Circle of Shit and the Circle of Blood. Following this, the youths are executed whilst each libertine takes his turn as voyeur.

Never has a film had more questions than Salo - The 120 Days of Sodom. People hear about how disgusting it is and, of course, interest is peaked. The best way to introduce Salo is to quote the back sleeve of the Criterion disc: "A loose adaptation of the Marquis De Sade's The 120 Days of Sodom. Pier Paolo Pasolini's Salo is perhaps the most disturbing and disgusting film ever made. It is also one of the most important, offering a blistering critique of fascism and idealism that suggests moral redemption may be nothing but a myth, Criterion presents Salo in its uncut, uncensored version." The following review will contain spoilers for the film. It is also presented in an uncut, uncensored version to give everyone a feel for what exactly is disturbing and disgusting in Salo.

Its an italian movie!

#47 ·
in no order...

godfather
godfather pt II
the big lebowski
le diner de con
goodfellas
the good, the bad and the ugly
LOTR: the fellowship of the ring
LOTR: the two towers
LOTR: the return of the king
oh brother where art tho
braveheart
the mission
the city of god
the untouchables

and about 100 others...

#50 ·
joeb_uk said:
if it's only the ****s, i can stand, but it's much worse than ****s. so I gave up, and don't regret though it is said as a "classic" movie...

As to the scene eating shit, yeah..I did see that....but if you consider the shit as chocolate icecream, then you won't feel too sick....yep....it's quite graphic and disturbing....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.