Mens Tennis Forums banner

what do you think of this "breastfeeding" fatwa?

• it's demeaning and degrading to women.

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • if their religion says so, i have no problem with it.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • i think it's a great idea.... there's not enough love in this world.

Votes: 3 37.5%

Saudi clerics issue fatwa forcing women to breastfeed unrelated men...

2K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  tennizen 
#1 · (Edited)
#6 ·
really??

#10 ·
The whole concept of "fatwa" seems pretty sick to me, to be honest.

Some gentleman, one of many of those, whose only known merit is his allegedly vast and deep knowledge of a book allegedly dictated by God Himself (whatever that means), gets up one day, washes his feet, has breakfast, farts and then pontificates urbi et orbi whatever bullshit he feels like proclaming that very day and the entire muslim world must them follow what he says until a gentleman of similar description, abilities and physiology states the contrary and the loop starts again.

cool :yeah:

#11 ·
then you got your concept of Fatwa wrong.

one very important thing to know about a fatwa is that it is "non-binding", the entire muslim world isn't forced to follow what anyone says, it's practically impossible anyway, since there are many contradicting fatwas in the Islamic jurisdiction, you can't really follow ALL fatwas even if you tried...

the fatwa system exists because there is no papacy in Islam, there is no one person who has the right to say what is the true meaning behind a certain verse or hadith, all is up for interpretation according to the time and place and the understanding of people, and those who issue fatwas are only declaring their personal interpretaion and opinion seeking to help others who come to them and ask them for help, that's all.

#13 ·
A whole lot of BS.

What an embarassment. No coincidence that the most religious are the most dirty minded too. They come out with these pathetic fatwas so they can sleep at night. Poor souls. :rolleyes: :hug:

#15 ·
Naughty boys.

#17 ·
Of course I'm generalising.

Like everything, there's the good and the bad. Needless to say. But I've seen more cases of people disguising themselves as religious saints when they're far from it than I've seen people who are being reasonable... and that may be as you say down to the media focusing on the bad. There are things, though, that just can't be defended or explained. This very topic is like that... just ridiculous.

#20 ·
That law has no common sense whatsoever, regardless what culture or religion you are of.
actually I heard those who do make that "breastfeeding for adults" ruling say she milk it into a cup and not breastfeed directly, because before he drinks the milk he is a stranger and therefore she isn't allowed to expose her tits to him, sooooooo he has to drink it in the other room, so smart isn't it?!

:cuckoo:

Just imagine, I am sure habibko would like to suck my breasts though I doubt he'd find it so sexually unrelated.
I really wonder if anyone attempted this fatwa in practice, how would the mood be like in that moment... in the name of Allah I suck your tit my friend and soon to be mother, praise Allah! nom nom nom....

#21 ·
What if the colleague is lactose intolerant?

#24 ·
Bunch of feminists on this forum. No one spares a thought for those poor men who are forced to breastfeed from unrelated women:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.