Mens Tennis Forums banner

The Official E3 Thread

3K views 51 replies 14 participants last post by  Heners 
#1 ·
I'm not sure if there are some video game fans on this board, but since E3 is next week, I thought I'd create a thread to discuss the upcoming conferences from Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony. Additionally, this thread can be used to discuss any game announcements or video games in general.

#2 ·
I thought about opening a thread about video games long ago but changed my mind since I haven't seen any others here who have an interest (well there are actually some but very few), nice to know you are into video games as well Matt! I'm a huge RPG-tard :bounce:

so which games are gonna be on E3, any announcements so far?

#4 ·
You have to be fucking kidding me guys. :lol: I love videogames too. Birds of a feather...

I'm TRAPPED by Golden Sun on my NDS these days. I'm not a big fun of RPGs generally (the turn battles tend to tire me), but had the feeling this one might get me... it's awesome.

#3 ·
ok found a list:

Multi-Platforms:
Aliens vs. Predator (PS3, Xbox 360, PC Win)
Army of Two: The 40th Day (PS3, Xbox 360, PSP)
Assassin's Creed II (PS3, Xbox 360, PSP, PC Win)
Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3, Xbox 360, PC Win)
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PS3, Xbox 360, PC Win)
Bioshock 2 (PS3, Xbox 360, PC Win)
Blur (PS3, Xbox 360, PC Win)
Dante's Inferno (PS3, Xbox 360, PSP)
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, Xbox 360)
Just Cause 2 (PS3, Xbox 360, PC Win)
The King of Fighters XII (PS3, Xbox 360)
LEGO Rock Band (PS3, Xbox 360, DS)
Lost Planet 2 (PS3,[4]Xbox 360, PC Win)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (Xbox Live Arcade, PSN)
Mass Effect 2 (Xbox 360, PC Win)
Modern Warfare 2 (PS3, Xbox 360, PC Win)
Need for Speed: Shift (PS3, Xbox 360, PSP, PC Win, Mobile & iPhone)
Planet 51 (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, DS)
Red Faction: Guerrilla (PS3, Xbox 360, PC Win)
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (Wii, PSP, PlayStation 2)
Warriors Orochi 2 (Xbox 360, PSP, PlayStation 2)

DS Exclusive:
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
Mega Man Star Force 3
Scribblenauts
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Wii Exclusive:
Dead Space Extraction
Gladiator A.D.
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle
Rabbids Go Home
Red Steel 2
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars
The Conduit
The Grinder

PlayStation 3 Exclusive
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
God of War III
Heavy Rain
MAG
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
White Knight Chronicles
Project Trico

PSP exclusive
Final Fantasy Agito XIII
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
MotorStorm: Arctic Edge (Also on PS2)
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3
Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
Tales of VS.
The 3rd Birthday

Xbox 360 Exclusive
Halo 3: ODST
Magna Carta 2

PC Exclusive:
Star Wars: The Old Republic

Miscellaneous
3 unannounced Square Enix titles[5]
3 unannounced Tecmo projects[6]
Unannounced Capcom project
Unannounced Konami (Kojima Productions) project[7]
Unannounced Ubisoft titles

=====================

Final Fantasy XIII FTW!!!!! :rocker2:

#5 ·
Do you have a link where you got this list?

Anyways, I cannot wait for E3! I'm a big Sony fan and this will be the year where Sony really shows off its games. I'm also a fan of Nintendo and Microsoft, but this year it's Sony's turn for me. I think they will steal the show with God of War III and Trico.

Rumor has it that FF7 remake and MGS5 will be announced during Sony's press conference. Both exclusive.

#13 ·
If I said what I experienced when I found this out I would get banned forever.

#22 ·
I being a huge FF fan should be very excited about FF13 but I'm not :sad: After Hironobu Sakaguchi left FF isn't what it used to be. FF12 had no story and the music was awful, Nobuo Uematsu also left a big gap in the music department. I'll definitely buy FF13 because I'm a fan but I have no hope the game will be anything like FF10 let alone FF7.
All PS3/PS2 games are of interest to me. Didn't know they planned on making a Silent Hill game for PS2. But with this franchise the problem is the same like with FF. The original development team left and the feeling and atmosphere of the new Silent Hill's are far from the originals. I'm curious about the unknown games Square are working on. All their projects are of interest. Still they had better games when they were SquareSoft.

#23 ·
agreed 100%, you sound like someone who has exactly my same taste in games :worship:

I thought FF12 was still a great game, but it was not a legendary game like how you felt when you played previous FF games, like many sequels these days, it felt like a good RPG game, but not like a good FF game, you can say the same about Silent Hill and Resident Evil etc..

but with the return of turn based battle system, I'm really looking forward to FFXIII, it looks very impressive so far.

also I'd like to rant about another issue, WTF is wrong with PS3 and RPG games? there is a serious lack of them so far, PS2 was known to be an RPG heaven for us gamers and that's why I got the PS3, where the hell are the games? :mad:

I wish they'd make a Valkyrie Profile, Suikoden, Legaia and Tales games for the PS3, so far it's very disappointing :sad:

#29 ·
bump. E3 2010 has already started.

nintendo :hearts:
Sony had the best conference by far, but it's still pretty disappointing, not that many games to look forward to for a big RPG fan like me (nothing on FFXIII versus, really?), and even a game like The 3rd Birthday goes to PSP -___-

the only worthwhile game so far is GT5, and maybe Dead Space 2/Medal of Honor for those shooter fans.

#28 ·
it's called having fun you misanthrope.

#45 ·
just some videos i wanted to fangirl over share. :dance: feel free to share your own. :D

kid icarus: uprising

i've never been one of those fanboys/girls (but mostly fanboys, i'm guessing) who were desperate for a kid icarus game... but i still couldn't help but be excited when i saw this trailer. it looks so beautiful, cannot believe this is actually for the 3DS. pit's voice is kinda shit, though. :eek:

kirby's epic yarn

epic yarn. yarn that is epic. EPIC YARN. i love this game already. it looks like it was made for seven-year-old girls, but i don't even give a fuck, i love it. the art style is amazing. and ridiculously cute. i'm a sucker for cute. :inlove:

the legend of zelda: skyward sword

zelda :inlove: :hearts: :inlove: admittedly, i was more excited for twilight princess than i am for this game, mostly because the atmosphere seemed so much darker and different than usual... but i'm still really excited. :D :hearts: and i can't wait for the fully orchestrated soundtrack. :inlove:

no surprise this was delayed to 2011, though. typical nintendo. :ras:

golden sun: dark dawn

golden sun... :sobbing: i love this series so much. :awww: the first two games were genius, i can only hope camelot didn't fuck this one up. :awww: i almost wish this was on the 3DS. almost. but the 3DS will probably be released in 2011 and i don't think i could wait any longer for this game. :awww:

#49 ·
I was very excited to learn that CD Projekt is developing The Witcher 2 but was disappointed when I saw the presentation. What have they done to Geralt :rolleyes: :sad: :eek: He looks awful now and the voice-over actor is different. What was wrong with the first fighting system so that they decided to change it? When something is working well do not change it!!!
Anyway The Witcher was a great RPG, there are very few like it now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.