Mens Tennis Forums banner

Anyone following the NBA? Lakers vs. Celtics in the final

5K views 96 replies 24 participants last post by  SwiSha 
#1 ·
Baketball used to be my fave sport back in the old days but now I rarely follow it, much less play it. Come to think about it, I don't think I've seen a single NBA match this year.
Anyhow, this is suppossed to be like a classic series or so. Boston and LA have quite a long rivalry in basketball. We'll see how it goes.

#71 ·
absolute bollocks, dont judge game 7, look at the whole series, gasol was non existent in a couple of em, kobe shot poorly yes, but its not all about scoring, he was rebounding like a maniac today...i dont like what he is doing at times,forcing but still Gasol could never do what he does without Kobe, Cs defense is so focused on Bryant..

this is the MVP, yes kobe couldnt have done it without gasol, but how can u say that he was more valuable throughout the whole 7 games than Kobe??

#70 ·
Crazy game and an amazing comeback from LA after being down 13 in the 3rd quarter. Sensational defense from both teams and Artest was unexpectedly great. Not a good shooting night at all for Kobe but his 15 rebounds were huge. LAKERS :D

#74 ·
Listening to the Artest interview right now. Hilarious stuff. He's asked what went through his mind when he shot that big three at the end and goes "Well I thought "yes, it's in! and Kobe passed the ball!"". :rolls:

And yes, Bryant deserved that MVP. Just like last year. Gasol was good though, big props to him too. One of the most decisive trades in history.

Good stuff.

#82 ·
nice Punch line lol
there is no One closer to Jordan than Kobe , Bad Games Happen, Jordan was 5 of 19 in the closeout ame vs Seattle where his teammates picked him up... He was abslutely horrible in that Game. Funny how 1 Game can Be overintepreted ....Short Memory

#78 ·
Kobe played a really good 4th quarter imo. Great rebounding and some nice plays in the offense too. :yeah: The only bad thing about the win is that the clown Vujacic deserves credit for making the two free throws. :eek:

Another three-peat would be awesome now, but I guess they won't be faves next year.

#89 ·
Artest was legendary afterwards.

It must be one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen. He brought his whole family to the press room, thanked his psychiatrist like eight times, and when asked what he thought when he scored that clutch three, he went "I thought, man, Kobe passed the ball!! and I made it!! and then I was, I was, I was like, wow, man, I mean, man!".

Too funny. The journalists couldn't ask him a question without getting a crazy-ass answer back.

#95 ·
Congrats to the Lakers on back to back titles, I didn't think they would get it done. Ron really came through when they needed him. For all the mistakes he has made, you have to respect the fact he has never changed, he keeps it real 100. And Kobe has cemented his place as the best Laker of all time and the best player of this post-Jordan era. Congrats to Phil Jackson as well further cementing the fact he is the best coach in NBA history.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.