~~ GOAT discussions ~~ Vol. 2 - Page 314 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How relevant is it to GOAT discussions

Very relevant. It is even more important than slams 14 8.38%
It is the next metric after slams 106 63.47%
No, it is not relevant at all 37 22.16%
It will only be relevant when Rafa wins it 10 5.99%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2014, 05:26 PM   #4696
country flag f1yer

f1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~~ GOAT discussions ~~ Vol. 2

Actually winning the DC will harm Federer s legacy...
... till now his tards could say DC was irrelevant
but now that he has won it - they will try to add this to his resume - no doubt.

and then the comparison with Nadal having several DC vs just one for Fed will come up ...
and Federer will fall short of Nadal by several DCs.

Not sure it was a good move Fed LOL

BTW - this is according to a Fedtard's logic - if you wanna argue against it I will happily find the thread !
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2014, 05:29 PM   #4697
country flag SheenKJohn

SheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmindbulgaria View Post
Congratulations, you can count

The problem is that when any other of the Big 4 does something like that, a shitstorm of hate from the Fraud fanbase ensues. But when Rogie does it - it is justified, not a big deal!
Oh I didn't know that !!!!! Thanks !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Nadal's sliding on clay has always been sublime. One of the reasons he's clay GOAT is because he was always best slider on the surface and therefore able to adjust to blue clay better than his less skilled opponents.
SheenKJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 05:49 PM   #4698
country flag evilmindbulgaria

evilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheenKJohn View Post
Oh I didn't know that !!!!! Thanks !!!!!
You are welcome

Rafa winning at least one slam in 10 consecutive years is the best achievement in Open Era tennis since Laver won all 4 Grand slam tournaments in the same year!

Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion!
evilmindbulgaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:47 PM   #4699
country flag ohnoitsmchl

ohnoitsmchl has a reputation beyond reputeohnoitsmchl has a reputation beyond reputeohnoitsmchl has a reputation beyond reputeohnoitsmchl has a reputation beyond reputeohnoitsmchl has a reputation beyond reputeohnoitsmchl has a reputation beyond reputeohnoitsmchl has a reputation beyond reputeohnoitsmchl has a reputation beyond reputeohnoitsmchl has a reputation beyond reputeohnoitsmchl has a reputation beyond reputeohnoitsmchl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1yer View Post
but now that he has won it - they will try to add this to his resume - no doubt.

and then the comparison with Nadal having several DC vs just one for Fed will come up ...

Not sure it was a good move Fed LOL

BTW - this is according to a Fedtard's logic - if you wanna argue against it I will happily find the thread !
But isn't one Davis Cup better than none no matter who wins it?

Djokovic-Dimitrov
Ferrer-Fognini-Monfils-Haas-Hewitt-Kyrgios
Rafael Nadal
ohnoitsmchl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:54 PM   #4700
country flag blackwell

blackwell has a reputation beyond reputeblackwell has a reputation beyond reputeblackwell has a reputation beyond reputeblackwell has a reputation beyond reputeblackwell has a reputation beyond reputeblackwell has a reputation beyond reputeblackwell has a reputation beyond reputeblackwell has a reputation beyond reputeblackwell has a reputation beyond reputeblackwell has a reputation beyond reputeblackwell has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1yer View Post

No.. nadull has never won DC playing all matches and ties. He always was dragged by his teammates.
While Federer played this year everywhere.. Neither did baldull
That's why 1-0 by Fed in this department
blackwell is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 11:04 PM   #4701
country flag evilmindbulgaria

evilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwell View Post
No.. nadull has never won DC playing all matches and ties. He always was dragged by his teammates.
While Federer played this year everywhere.. Neither did baldull
That's why 1-0 by Fed in this department
sportstennis, is that you?

Rafa winning at least one slam in 10 consecutive years is the best achievement in Open Era tennis since Laver won all 4 Grand slam tournaments in the same year!

Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion!
evilmindbulgaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 11:21 PM   #4702
country flag thrust

thrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can we safely say Federer is the GOAT now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankaiKenpachi View Post
You know what, this is one of those better posts of yours that I actually liked. It's true, a win is a win and nobody will remember who you beat in the final. In the end, Roger got 17 slams, and if you could just say, nobody cares who Roger beat in finals during 04-07; he has 17 and that's why he is the current GOAT, then I got nothing much to say. It's that Fedtards repeatedly tried to prove beating inconsistent mugs during 04-07 is the same as beating someone like Djoko in winning a slam, that's what's really getting annoying.
Federer did NOT win the DC, Switzerland did, with Stan winning all his singles matches.Something Roger did NOT do. You Fed Tards accuse every one else of faking injuries, perhaps Roger is not the Angel you pretend he is? IMO, Federer is a smart, clever, insincere, conniving great tennis player.
thrust is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 12:03 AM   #4703
country flag hipolymer

hipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsmchl View Post
But isn't one Davis Cup better than none no matter who wins it?
No. It's like winning the Serbian Open. No one wants to ACTUALLY win the Serbian Open. Except Querrey

Federer's peak is supposedly in 2004-2007, but his best grass match was WI 2009 final, his best hard court match was WTF 2010 final, and his best clay match was RG 2011 SF

Oldgassi combined 30-17 H2H against weak era clowns: Roddick, Nalbandian, Hewitt, Safin, Haas, Coria, Ljubicic, Blake, but any problem cannot be found? GOAT argument
hipolymer is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 12:29 AM   #4704
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute

Fedtards who claimed a Davis Cup title doesn't matter, shouldn't matter and won't matter in the GOAT discussion as it's a team title and now are claiming Federer is clearly the GOAT because he won the Davis Cup too are the biggest hipocrytes on the face of the Earth and are embarrassing themselves like never before

HIST9RY
nole_no1 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 02:30 AM   #4705
country flag BankaiKenpachi

BankaiKenpachi has a reputation beyond reputeBankaiKenpachi has a reputation beyond reputeBankaiKenpachi has a reputation beyond reputeBankaiKenpachi has a reputation beyond reputeBankaiKenpachi has a reputation beyond reputeBankaiKenpachi has a reputation beyond reputeBankaiKenpachi has a reputation beyond reputeBankaiKenpachi has a reputation beyond reputeBankaiKenpachi has a reputation beyond reputeBankaiKenpachi has a reputation beyond reputeBankaiKenpachi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can we safely say Federer is the GOAT now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrust View Post
Federer did NOT win the DC, Switzerland did, with Stan winning all his singles matches.Something Roger did NOT do. You Fed Tards accuse every one else of faking injuries, perhaps Roger is not the Angel you pretend he is? IMO, Federer is a smart, clever, insincere, conniving great tennis player.
You thought I was a Fedtard? Go check my other posts.
BankaiKenpachi is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote