Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unofficial Live ATP Rankings [in Post #1]

273K views 1K replies 134 participants last post by  Litotes 
#1 · (Edited)
By request from a few members to create a separate from Judio's thread with updated rankings, I will start this thread for frequent unofficial live ATP rankings. I will have a small break sometime in the future, but I will return afterwards, so don't worry if there will be a small interruption in the near future.

Now, one advantage to a new thread is that I can explain the color code and display mode for the table.

- The table displays current ranking standings by calculating the number of points dropped at the end of the period mentioned on the head table (the next official ATP rankings date).
- The Drop column details the number of points for all the tournaments that will be taken out of the player's rankings. Multiple tournaments may be dropped for each player, but the tournament with the most points dropped will determine the color of the drop points. For instance, 180 Wimbledon dropped along with 45 ATP 250 in the week after Wimbledon will result in 225 colored in red (Grand Slam color).
- The Gain column displays the total number of points the player has raised at the current tournament.
- The Effective column is the exact number of points the player will win or lose at the next official ranking. The total here is calculated based on all tournaments dropped and all tournaments played (GS qualies, Futures and all other tournaments that will be counted at the next official rankings). The color is determined again by the tournament with most points.
- The second Points column is for the next week after the current week. When no Grand Slam is being played, all current Futures tournaments are first counted there, since they won't be part of the rankings until a week later. Also, all next week's qualifiers will be counted there.
- In all weeks an additional Incoming Futures column is being displayed, along with the total tournament count calculated in advance so that the players with the same number of points are separated properly.
- During Grand Slam qualies another column with the points made there (not yet Live) is added. And during Grand Slams, another column with the points from the tournament is added in case a player goes to another tournament after the GS or GS qualies, but before the next official rankings.
- In the detailed week by week part of the table, you will encounter -1 points for certain players. Those tournaments are actually the tournaments in which the player has received a 0-point penalty for retiring or for not completing at least 4 ATP 500 tournaments in a year.

The colors used as background inside the table mean:
Green - The player is currently not eliminated from the Main Draw.
Red - The player was eliminated from the Main Draw or Qualifying Draw.
Blue - The player is currently playing on the Qualifying Draw.
Orange - The player has retired from any match.
Gray - The player has withdrawn from the tournament, but will incur a 0-point penalty. This will be noted as a -1 in case of ATP 500 events, and 0 in case of ATP 1000. This is due to the fact that ATP 1000 events are recognized as Mandatory by the system, while ATP 500 events are not, and there needs to be a difference between regular 0 (first round loss) and mandatory 0 (penalty).
White - The player currently does not participate in a tournament.

The colors used for text inside the table mean:
Red - The player is/was on a Grand Slam Main Draw
Regular orange - The player is/was on a ATP 1000 Mandatory Masters Main Draw
Light orange - The player is/was on a ATP 1000 Optional (MC) Masters Main Draw
Maroon - The player is/was on the ATP Tour Finals Main Draw
Green - The player is/was on a ATP 500 Main Draw
Olive - The player is/was on the Olympics Main Draw
Purple - The player is/was on a ATP 250 Main Draw
Plum - The player is/was on the World Team Championships tournament
Sky Blue - The player participated in the Davis Cup
Teal - The player is/was on the ATP Challenger Finals
Blue - The player is/was on a Challenger Main Draw
Navy - The player is/was on a 15K Futures Main Draw
Black - The player is/was on a 10K Futures Main Draw
Gray - The player participates on the Qualifying Draw of any tournament
Silver - The player does not participate in a tournament

Link to weekly rankings statistics: Ranking Statistics
Link to old ATP Rankings thread: Old ATP Rankings Thread

If you have any trouble seeing the latest image, please clear your internet cache and try again... Help on clearing the cache: http://kb.iu.edu/data/ahic.html#fire35w

With all the instructions being laid, here comes the table:

Link to complete table: LIVE ATP

Link to official rankings from past Mondays: OFFICIAL RANKINGS

THIS THREAD IS NOW OBSOLETE. FOR RANKINGS UPDATES, CHECK THIS THREAD:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=236585

See less See more
#984 ·
Howcome for Delpo it says that he's supposed to drop 300 points, yet his actual drop is only 50?

#986 ·
Why do you have the players already drop their points and ranking for that week, before they have a chance to defend them, it seems like it would be more work that way?

#988 ·
Yes, but is it live, because Fed won't actually drop those points until the 18th?

#991 ·
Well live usually means what the points are right now, not what they might look like next week.

#992 ·
you may argue about the word "live" but the point is that people are interested in what is called "live rankings" (which is not a word Slasher invented : it had been called like that before) and here is pretty much the only source for that, whereas official rankings from last monday are known from many other sources, the best one being the ATP website.

#999 · (Edited)
From my experience of the ATP interpreting rules in a very nice way to players, I don't think they will get a zeropointer because none of their case is an "obvious comfort withdrawal".

Stepanek will have no problem because he's out for one month.
Kohli should be in the same case imo although he has not withdrawn from Dubai yet.
As for Lacko, he retired at 1-1 during a match in Zagreb last week and I guess he had his injury checked out there.

#1,000 ·
I have a question about Davis Cup. Maybe it's already been asked, but this thread has ~70 pages, so it would take a long time to go through all of them.

Cilic has 120 DC ranking points right now in his ATP500 section:
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Players/Top-Players/Marin-Cilic.aspx?t=rb

How did he get those points if he only played 2 1st round matches this year (both wins)?
According to the points distribution table of davis cup, 2 1st round wins should give him 80 pts. So where are the other 40 pts from?

#1,005 ·
I have good news.

I have managed to develop an update system based on ATP's Score and Stats page, located here.

That basically means that for regular ATP events, it is no longer needed to wait for the updated PDF of the tournaments to update the rankings. I will also proceed to decreasing the time between updates to two hours after the testing of these new procedures is complete. Too bad they didn't expand this feature for the Challengers. Those will remain updated when the PDFs get updated.

#1,008 ·
Well duong... Let's see if we can predict this week:

Verdasco might get one because of his retirement/replacement with a LL.
There are still Anderson, Baker, Fish and Lacko. Fish will surely not get one. Anderson, Baker and Lacko. Where are they and why have they withdrawn?

#1,009 ·
I didn't know about Verdasco, I have to see what's the reason.

Anderson, Fish and Baker are always out for a duration>=1 month, even though it may be exactly one month for Anderson, as he's not out of Delray Beach yet.

Lacko has a back injury and retired at 1-1 in Zagreb.

Apart from Verdasco for whom I need more informations, I would be surprised if the other ones got a zeropointer.

But there must be some paper procedures behind which we don't know and which are not detailed in the rulebook. Still there's a commission of appeal who has several time cancelled zeropointers in the past, I still think that's what will happen for Stepanek.

#1,022 ·
ATP World Tour 500
Date Tournament Round Points Drop Date
11.02.2013 Rotterdam W 500 17.02.2014
22.10.2012 Basel W 500 28.10.2013
25.07.2012 London Olympics OB 340 05.08.2013
01.10.2012 Tokyo - 0 07.10.2013

Non-Countable Tournaments
Date Tournament Round Points Drop Date
15.10.2012 Vienna W 250 21.10.2013
27.02.2012 Dubai S 180 04.03.2013
01.02.2013 Davis Cup - 150

why is del potro be rewarded a 0 points by tokyo.

#1,027 ·
Verdasco and Monaco are out from Acapulco.. They will receive 0 points for sure, or can justify their absence for injury?

#1,028 ·
it would be interesting to know if they were in Acapulco or not. Surely Monaco was not, but maybe Verdasco.

But considering Verdasco just withdrew from Memphis (and had his injury checked there) and Monaco has struggled physically, I would rather guess they did things correctly.

Anyway, zeropointers for withdrawing from ATP500 tournaments are quite rare, and there are even fewer obvious cases like Isner in Monte-Carlo last year.

#1,034 ·
I require your understanding of the ATP rules, regarding the following
1) 600 matches* (as of 1 January of the commitment year);
2) 12 years of service;
3) 31 years of age (as of 1 January of the commitment year).

When will Nadal comply with point number 2 ? provided that he started his professional career in September 2001?

#1,035 ·
there's also :

The first Year of Service shall be the first calendar year in which a player has
competed in at least twelve (12) tournaments offering ranking points.
I guess for Nadal it's 2002 and 12 years of service should be reached in the end of 2013, as the criteria seemss to be appreciated by calendar year.

Anyway don't think too much of this rule : if Nadal wants to skip, he can skip as he wants, a small letter saying his knee is not well is enough.

And he will get a zeropointer for each mandatory tournament skipped anyway.

This rule is only important for money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.