His schedule:
14.4: Valencia
21.4: AMS Monte-Carlo
28.4: Munich
5.5: AMS Rome?
12.5: Marrakech Challenger
19.5: Casablanca
26.5: French Open

He'll need to play the qualies of Rome and Hamburg, hence the question marks.
It's not sure he will enter the main draw of Monte-Carlo either, but I'm hoping for a WC there. I know he has gotten too many WC in his career, but this time he really deserves it coming back from injuries.

#136 ·
In l’Equipe today:
LA SCOUMOUNE DE MONFILS. – Arrivé à Casablanca sur la lancée de sa victoire au Challenger de Marrakech, Gaël Monfils semblait remis sur les bons rails. L’embellie n’aura guère duré : hier, il s’est blessé dès le début de son match contre Oscar Hernandez. Il pourrait souffrir d’une micro-déchirure aux adducteurs. « Le terrain glissait et, sur un changement d’appuis, j’ai senti une décharge électrique entre l’aine et les adducteurs, raconte-t-il. J’ai eu l’impression que des fibres se déchiraient. Ensuite, la douleur n’a fait qu’augmenter. » Malgré les conseils du kiné, jamais il ne songea à abandonner (« Je ne le fais qu’en dernière extrémité ») mais disputa le reste de la partie en marchant, se contentant de balancer d’énormes « mites » en coup droit. Insuffisant, bien sûr, pour espérer retarder une issue devenue inéluctable (défaite 6-3, 6-2). Rentré dès hier soir sur Paris, Monfils passera aujourd’hui une batterie d’examens. « Je croise les doigts et je demanderai à jouer le plus tard possible à Roland- Garros. » Son programme se résume simplement : wait and see.
He means he got injured right at the beginning of the match, it felt like a tear, the trainer was telling him to retire, but he didn’t want to. The pain was bigger and bigger, though.
He went back to Paris immediately after the match and will undergo medical exams to day.

:cuckoo: If he’s really badly injured and kept playing the week before Roland-Garros, with his history of withdrawals, after having already missed the USO and the AO, he’s just completely insane. We'll see. He was a bit of a drama queen yesterday, acting like he was in agony, so it's hard to know how bad it really was.

#140 ·
There are some news in L'Equipe today, he has 2 micro-tears of the adductors and Champion is confident he will be able to play ("Gaël Monfils souffre, selon Thierry Champion, de deux microdéchirures aux adducteurs. Son entraîneur est confiant quant à la participation à Roland-Garros de son protégé").

#143 ·
That's not so much my problem, I'm not hoping he will get easy opponents all the time, I just don't want them to play against each other with Jo. At least not so early in the tournament. And each of them has enough "fire" to make a match exciting, so I'd prefer to see two exciting matches rather than one.

But well, it's still a long way to go with both of them being more or less injured.

#147 ·
I'm so gutted for Jo, he must be crushed, poor guy...
Monfils dit ouf...
BLESSÉ EN MILIEU DE SEMAINE à Casablanca, Gaël Monfils est rassuré depuis quarante-huit heures. Il disputera bien le premier tour de Roland-Garros contre Arnaud Clément. « Oui, il n’y a plus de risque de forfait, confirmait son coach, Thierry Champion. Il avait deux lésions de cinq millimètres aux ischio-jambiers droits, mais l’échographie passée vendredi a montré une nette amélioration. Gaël doit en passer une autre ce dimanche pour que le feu vert soit clair et net. Maintenant, rien ne nous dit que la blessure ne se réveillera pas s’il dispute un match dur et long. » Hier, après une première séance matinale au petit trot, Monfils a pu pousser la machine l’après-midi avec Troicki. « Il courait bien, c’est très bon signe, ajoutait Champion. On a demandé à ce qu’il ne joue que mardi, j’espère que ce sera possible. »
No risk of withdrawal anymore according to Champion. He has two 5 mm tears (hamstring muscles on the right side), but the medical exams on Friday showed it’s getting better. He’ll have another ultrasound on Sunday to be completely sure. Of course, the injury can reappear if he has to play a long, tough match.
He practiced with Troicki yesterday and was running well. They asked for a late start on Tuesday.

#154 ·
all i can hope is that the rain holds long enough for this match, and that it goes 5 thrilling sets in which Gael wins 7-6 6-7 7-6 6-7 10-8. is that too much to ask?

#156 ·
Wouldn't that be amazing?? The best thing would to be there in person to see it!

Arnaud says in the same article that he's quite lucky too because his hotel is next to the tournament venue and he doesn't need to wait in the player's lounge all day long, higherlaw.

I don't like these Frenchies matches either. And since they both tend to do overtime in Roland-Garros, I'm not sure it's a great match-up.

Champion said yesterday in Le Parisien that Gaël is feeling better and better - not so much physically, but mentally. We know that he was really down not so long ago, but now he keeps talking about tennis again and seems excited about it (« Plus les jours passent, plus il gagne en confiance. Il y a quelque temps, il me parlait tennis à l’occasion. Aujourd’hui, il ne me parle presque que de tennis et, ça, c’est bon signe. Sa préparation n’est pas si mauvaise, si on considère d’où il vient »).
Thanks, I didn't bother to attempt to read the whole article!
So I set up a meeting for today because I thought they would play yesterday...not that TTC will probably even show it anyway. I hope to watch the replay on espn360...actually, I'm feeling a little ill, cough, cough :devil:.

#155 ·
Arnaud says in the same article that he's quite lucky too because his hotel is next to the tournament venue and he doesn't need to wait in the player's lounge all day long, higherlaw.

I don't like these Frenchies matches either. And since they both tend to do overtime in Roland-Garros, I'm not sure it's a great match-up.

Champion said yesterday in Le Parisien that Gaël is feeling better and better - not so much physically, but mentally. We know that he was really down not so long ago, but now he keeps talking about tennis again and seems excited about it (« Plus les jours passent, plus il gagne en confiance. Il y a quelque temps, il me parlait tennis à l’occasion. Aujourd’hui, il ne me parle presque que de tennis et, ça, c’est bon signe. Sa préparation n’est pas si mauvaise, si on considère d’où il vient »).

#165 ·
I was :rolleyes: at Gaël, not at the fact that the point was given to Arnaud.

They just showed him in the lockerroom after his win, he said he's happy because it's never happy to play against a friend and also because it's the first time ever he wins in 3 sets in Roland-Garros!
But even if it looked like an easy win, he feels like it cost a lot of energy.

#167 ·
I think Arnaud help him today of course but I think he can do a good tournament :) I really think he can beat Horna and with the retirement of Ferrero all his possible after.

Par contre il "vendange" :eek: contre Arnaud c'est pas grave mais il devra être plus concentré mais son service est très impressionant.

#168 ·
I sure hope he'll beat Horna, I can't stand him!

http://www.sport.fr/tennis/ten/Monfils-s-encourage-en-slovaque-124413.shtm
He's cheering himself up in Slovak now? I missed that. :lol:
He means he still feels the adductors injury a little bit, he's still a bit afraid because of that, but it's getting much better.
He's most of all happy to have managed to get out of that nightmare of a match (against another Frenchie, very windy conditions...) He means it was disastrous at the beginning though, he was very stressed. He doesn't sound very excited about his performance despite of the win in straight sets!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.