Mens Tennis Forums banner

Quick Questions Thread

372K views 3K replies 580 participants last post by  umbrellapub 
#1 ·
I think there could be a thread for questions that don't need an own thread. If one already exist, please merge this with it.

Anyway, my question is what is the biggest difference between indoor and outdoor tennis. Naturally there's no wind indoors. And why indoor courts are considered to be faster and how does closing the roof affects at Wimbledon?

Reactions: Motoflou
#739 ·
Re: S.Q.T. (stupid question thread)

Weird question: Does anyone know where I can find matches where Justin Gimelstob was commentating?
That is pretty hard to find. Typically Gimelstob is put on courtside and interviews players after matches.

You can typically hear him comment between sets. With the likes of Naritalova.

They will be asked how things look at court level.

Actually I'm not even sure Gimelstob has ever fully commented on a match.

#756 ·
Re: Which courts will be televised at Acapulco?

:lol:

I'd say latin america just to be sure ;)

#758 ·

Is it possible to participate in more than one ITF/ATP tournament in the same week? If it is, are both tournaments' points considered for the week (if both could be countable)? Thanks.

#769 ·

Is it possible to participate in more than one ITF/ATP tournament in the same week? If it is, are both tournaments' points considered for the week (if both could be countable)? Thanks.
I don't know about the ITF but the ATP has a "one tournament per week" rule, making this scenario impossible.
(Exception: After losing at one event you can enter another event's qualifying during the same week.)

#762 ·

Andy Murray ‏@andy_murray 11h
En route to New York City to play at Madison square garden tomorrow... thank you Acapulco Mexico you have been wonderful.. treat yourself

anyone know when this exhibition is, and how to watch it?

This post has been deleted
#772 ·

How is doubles' seeding done?

#776 ·
Player Schedules

Where can one find the most information on player schedules for the 2014 season? I assume for lower ranked players it's more difficult but I wouldn't mind seeing where players like Dominic Thiem etc are planning to play.

#778 ·