Mens Tennis Forums banner

Olympic Games 2012 London Thread (All other sports besides tennis)

135K views 4K replies 116 participants last post by  Kolya 
#1 ·
All,

The 2012 games are finally upon us.

Opening Ceremony is on July 27th and Closing Ceremony on August 12th.

Who is going? Anyone working there?

So many rivalries and individual challenges will be settled at this event. Looking forwards to more track and pool World records.

#4,277 ·
#4,287 ·
#4,275 ·
I didn't like either the opening nor the closing ceremony but it doesn't matter.
It have been fantastic 17 days and London provided very good organization, great sporting facilities and great atmosphere.
Thank you! :)

Rio is gonna be a non-stop carnival :D

Good bye, London hello, Rio :wavey:

That song from Stardust is great :clap2:

#4,278 ·
astonishing stuff Rory :worship: still holing bomb putts even on the last green and the crowd going crazy

won by 8 shots, exactly like he did at US Open 2011, 2nd major and world #1.

#4,290 ·
Kinda glad the Olympics are over. It was the worst Olympics for Norway in like 50 years. I have never been more embarrassed to be Norwegian than right now. I want to move and get away from this shithole of a country. I fucking hate it here :(

#4,299 · (Edited)
Good Olympics for GB, even though in team sports a k a the World Championships inside the OG, they were a walking bye. Brits need better perfomances in those sports if they want to be considered a powerhouse.

And at last, Russia gets one of the big medals, in volley and against Brazil no less. I celebrated the MP twice as it was repeated :D .
The better team won, it doesn´t happen too often

#4,301 ·
Good Olympics for GB, even though in team sports a k a the World Championships inside the OG, they were a walking bye. Brits need better perfomance in those sports if they want to be considered a powerhouse.

And at last, Russia gets one of the big medals, in volley and against Brazil no less. I celebrated the MP twice as it was repeated :D .
The better team won, it doesn´t happen too often
Handball, volleyball and basketball aren't big sports here. I'd like them to be, the latter especially. All of them had excellent crowds and atmospheres so chances are more kids here are going to want to take part.

#4,304 ·
This closing ceremony was pretty good with Imagine, Wish you were here and Walrus with Brand. Then it turned to any generic 2012 party with Taio Cruz and nonsense.

#4,308 ·
No, they weren't better than Sydney.

#4,311 ·
Huge surprise about Nadzeya Ostapchuk.

#4,314 ·
great performance by hungary overall but hardly surprising. they used to be a powerhouse back in the days, rock solid per capita achievements too. as long as water is involved in one way or the other, the hungarians are up there with the best.

btw if it wasn't for phelps, cseh would be a five-time (!) olympic champion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.