Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

OK, i am a Newbie to the tennis betting, but Should i go for it SERIOUSLY?

13K views 144 replies 25 participants last post by  bad gambler 
#1 ·
OK, i am newbie to tennis betting, i will admit it. But i have been doing it for last 6 month, just on paper, and i found out that i am pretty good at it. I am hitting about 88% of my picks. so i am thinking about going for it. What is your advice ? I also heard on the radio show that one of the tennis legends bets on tennis and he made $68,000 in past year, just on tennis bets. I think it was one of the Aussie Legends. Also, not sure if i should use a service that provides picks ? what do you think.?:)

#6 ·
Well, i am not looking to be a Millionare over night. That pro legend that bets on tennis made $60,000 in 1 year so i figure that is pretty good. what do you mean by small profit ?

#9 ·
Ok lets just say Stephanek is -100 favorite against Olivier Rochus. then if you bet $500 then you would win $100, right ?

#11 ·
Ok so lets just say that i bet on Andy Murray on every single match he plays for the year. I should come out way ahead, right ?

#15 ·
There is NO way on God's Green earth that United States will beat Spain next week, it would be a biggest upset in history of tennis. so in my opinion, this bet is easy $500 in your pocket.

#16 ·
I would love to know which bookie is offering 1/2 on Spain beating the USA. I suspect you have got it completely wrong because Spain are actually 1/16 to win.

In respect to the thread itself, to be honest it doesn't seem like you know enough about gambling to get involved at a serious level. Learn more about gambling before you get involved because if you think backing Murray all year means you'll be in profit then you are in for a mighty shock.

#30 ·
It just reinforces the point you should learn a bit more about the industry before you get involved. You really thought they were offering +150 on Argentina and Spain, +300 on Russia and +800 on the US to win next week?

What's wrong with this picture? Odds against on every team? lol

#32 ·
Ok, then lets say you had $1000 to put on this bet. which odds would you take ??? i still would take the Spain to win the whole thing.

#39 ·
^^^You guys might have a point there. Only wildcard here is DelPotro. If Nadal is injured and is in poor shape then Delpotro can beat him on fast courts. then Nalby will probably take out Ferrer so Argentina could take it all. OK i think i will put my $1000 on argentina to win. DELPOTRO BETTER NOT BE INJURED OR I AM GOING TO CRY.

#40 ·
OK i think i will put my $1000 on argentina to win.
Do yourself a favour and keep your money in your pocket.

2 mins ago you were "90%" sure Spain would beat Argentina. Now you think Argentina will win. This isn't even taking into account the fact you were going to put $1000 on Spain to beat the US @ +150, until it was pointed out that wasn't the bet. Then you were going to put $1000 on Spain to win it all. And now you've decided Argentina, all in the space of a few minutes.

Bookies love "newbies".

#44 ·
I already have an Account there on that Offshore bookie. it is the biggest offshore book that people in United States use. I thought about european books but it is very difficult to transfer money across the Atlantic and i heard about payouts across the sea. and The Tennis odds are much worse in Europe, i have heard. what do you think ?

#45 ·
What does Chasing bets mean ????

#64 ·
Problem is FedAce you only like the look of 1/6 shots or worse odds which means you will have to bet very big to make it worthwhile and even if you get 4 or 5 correct ni a row the 1 loss that could come next will wipe out all of your profit plus i have no doubt you would chase hard- enjoy gambling and dont look at it as a job where its easy money because its not easy and if it was why are there more betting sites and shops than ever? and they all are very rich

#66 ·
Ok, lets say you bet $200 to win $100 and hit 3 or 4 in a row. then you win $400 right there. From there you are not betting all you have. You continue to bet the same amount and NOT get greedy. with this kind of bets, it is hard to lose 3-4 in a row. Especially in early rounds of grand slams, usually the player with the better head to head prevails. I had done this on paper so far and like i said my winning % is about 88 %. Can you still lose money with this kind of % ???:confused:

#70 ·
1.5 odds mostly or 2.5 odds.

#73 ·
I have been deeply involved in Tennis for over 20 years, i don't know how long more i should wait ??? also i do agree that you should know when and how many picks you go for. as an example, in a grand slam, if you are doing pretty well in your picks early,you should stop and move on to the next tournament. you should not get greedy and chase more picks deep into the tournament.

#83 ·
FedAce it doesnt matter what anyone sais on here you have your own mind and your own money and its clear you believe your ready so go for it and if it fucks up atleast youve tried, post your bets on this site and keep a record etc

#85 ·
I could start this weekend with Sam Querry vs Ferrer ? I would pick Ferrer on that one. or could start with WTA in Japan ? Alize Cornet vs Caroline Woziniak. I would pick Cornet on that match. I think Cornet is more experienced and more determined at this point.

#92 ·
No, i don't think so. My objective is to win some Real Cash to put into my portfolio.:)

#93 ·
Tennis is one of the few sports where you can bet without actually gambling, because player A can't win a match when player B is serving.
Unlike other sports where the outcome can change any time and under any circumstances - which makes betting on it a pure gamble.

Hope that helps.

#94 ·
I have no idea what you are saying. are you saying you can change your bet in middle of the match?

#95 ·
FedAce, do you bet with hamurger money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.