Mens Tennis Forums banner

JayJay's Football Factory 2007/2008

31K views 539 replies 24 participants last post by  L James 
#1 ·
Since I only started posting my plays (mainly football & tennis) at the back end of last year after registering on MTF in August 2006, the coming weeks represent my first chance to post a full season of recorded football plays here. So in this thread that is what I shall be doing, recording the season in full (every football play I make, regardless of which league/competition/age - including all types of plays from match plays to outrights to specials and other markets if I feel there is something out there).

I will be posting my plays on a basis of a level of 1-10. 1 unit = £100 representing an "interest" play, with 10 units = £1000 being a max play.

Even though a few of you know privately I no longer play the game as a pro due to various factors from burnout to the opening of other doors in the sporting world, for the rest of you that is the reasoning behind a max level of £1000 per play. I am looking for relativity and consistency over the season and even though I like to branch out every now and again with a "Heavy Duty Single", which in my language represents a stake over the £1000 limit I am setting here, I shall no longer be making any Heavy Duty Single plays to keep up a relatively consistent staking plan regarding the max play limit.

From August my MTF use is likely to be sparing, so the time I do spend here will be mainly to continually keep this thread current and updated. I welcome any questions on matches, any exchange of views and even any criticisms (but please keep it constructive :hatoff: ). :D

Enough talk from me, to kick off the 2007/2008 season which I shall conclude no later than the Copa Libertadores Final 2nd leg (to be played in late June 2008)...here are my first two plays of the season.

The books I generally use are WH, SJ and UB. I do not use BF and I will not be for reasons previously stated. There will be good days and bad as you all will know, the aim is long term and as long as there is a healthy profit come June next year that will be the litmus test. Totals will be recorded in simple fashion on a money out - money in business. My previous play on Argentina OR @ 7/2 for the U20 WC will not be taken into account here as the play was made before this adventure begun. So in terms of this thread, that potential win is irrelevant to me.

Level 8 (£800) Argentina to beat Czech. Rep (U20WC Final) in 90mins @ 8/13
Potential payout (SI - Stake Inc.) - £1292.31

Level 3 (£300) Rosenborg to beat Viking @ 4/5
Potential payout (SI) - £540

Current Record: 0-0 (-£1100)

Hopefully the season will start on track and the base can be built from there, we don't want to be chasing shadows early in the season.

See less See more
#309 ·
Cappello will like to make an instant impact to satisfy the fans, even if it is a hardworking 1-0 win i believe england will have to much for the swiss and at 4/9 look a banker.

Republic of ireland are in dissaray, no manager, no confidence and no form , the last team you want comming to your back yard are the boys from brazil and at 4/5 look to good to be true even if it is a friendly.
££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

#332 ·
Man united was free money against Fulham yest, Barcelona will have to win the domestic cup because theres no way they gonna win the league and i cant understand why they are favs to win champs league, i would rather get on Liverpool at 8/1 no joke!

#334 ·
Yes Bojan looks good what ive seen of him.Henry i'm with you has done nothing probably because of the position he is playing and the role he is being given, with a team like that they need a better manager i dont rate him

#338 ·
Messi will be back before the end of the season, but I agree, this injury ruins their title hopes. Barca look a different team without Messi, he has become the player they depend on most.

Now with a front 3 of Eto'o, Henry and Ronaldinho, it's hard for them to complain, but Henry still looks uncomfortable at Barca and Ronaldinho is nowhere near the dominant player of a couple of years ago.

I'd start Bojan in place of Messi, but Rijkaard will probably go with Henry.

If Barca get a favourable QF draw, against either Fenerbahce or Schalke, then Messi may be back in time for the SFs. If they get a tougher draw, then Messi's absence may well prove pivotal.

#339 ·
I dont know how accurate it is but i heard 3 months he will be out for, even before this injury i wrote them of for the league and CL- however with Messi out they may bond better and pull their socks up its like some teams that go down to 10 men during a game through a red card can play better than with 11- weird but true!

#355 ·
Shit m8 sry to hear that, why dont you take the stake down a bit and then it wont be so shit when if you lose a couple of matches?

hopefully man utd,fulham etc bets will come good by the end of the season

#361 ·
As i said earlier in this thread i really dont rate Barcelona in certain departments e.g defense, and last night was the same, i really cant see them winning anything this season, no doubt Mourinho will be heading there at the end of this current season!

#363 ·
Frank has got to go and the added injury to Messi doesn't help. Barcelona are so bad in defense and cut throat attack like they used to have back when they won the tittle and the Champions League. Mourinho would be superb pick up for Barcelona. Ronaldinho shouldn't be sold, but he is getting past his best. Henry is done and Eto needs to find his form again. Valencia weren't special, but they probably deserved to go through as they wanted it more and got the goals i suppose. Actually have found the football season so different this season. There's something wrong, it almost as though there's a lack of goals in league and too many draws. Something is up.
I think it's a sad indictment of Barca right now that with so many class players at their disposal, when Messi is not there, they don't look half the team and they look completely at odds with each other.

The only Barca players who have shined this season are Messi, Xavi, Toure and Iniesta. Toure and Iniesta have been particularly outstanding. Abidal has done well for most of the season.

Valdes is a joke of a keeper, I've never liked him. He constantly exudes indecision. Gaby Milito has not played like he is supposed to. Zambrotta is not half the player he was at Juve, when he was the best all around full back in the world.

When Henry scored last night, I thought Barca would make it 2-2 and go through, but the defending for the 3rd was just shameful. Milito completely sold himself, and why were Villa AND Mata unmarked on the backpost?

You'd be disgusted with that if you were playing in school, nevermind at the top of the profession.

At this point, in a prospective Barca-Man.Utd CL SF, you'd have to give Man.Utd the edge. They are far more solid defensively, and if Messi isn't there, I think there is no question Man.Utd will go through. If Messi is there, then maybe he can save them.

Barca should still be in the title race, but dropping 5pts against Villareal and Almeria in the manner they did is just indicative of what they are about right now. I feel sorry for the midfield, because they've been great all season.

#362 ·
Frank has got to go and the added injury to Messi doesn't help. Barcelona are so bad in defense and cut throat attack like they used to have back when they won the tittle and the Champions League. Mourinho would be superb pick up for Barcelona. Ronaldinho shouldn't be sold, but he is getting past his best. Henry is done and Eto needs to find his form again. Valencia weren't special, but they probably deserved to go through as they wanted it more and got the goals i suppose. Actually have found the football season so different this season. There's something wrong, it almost as though there's a lack of goals in league and too many draws. Something is up.

#366 ·
Man United are not favourites for the champions league in my mind, Alex ferguson lets Carlos Queiroz influence the tactics in europe, they play negatively.

I think the way liverpool are playing now with torres in red hot form and rafas excellent nouse in europe, they can win it.

#367 ·
Yep very true and also they will rest players for the champ league games knowing they cant win the league where as chelsea/man u/barcelona still fighting for the league, also torres imo is prob playing the best striker in the world at the moment

#369 ·
And Boca came back from being without Romy, 10 men and 1-0 down against Colo Colo to win 4-3, because as I've said numerous times, we're the best team in South America.
River sit in top position and are 1 point better, it will be a tight finish.

#372 ·
Fulham are done and dusted. Portsmouth look almost winner of the FA Cup and Bayern, should get through over Getafe, but the UEFA Cup is a load of crap though, and anything can happen.

#373 ·
Getafe have done well against big sides this season. They've beaten Real Madrid away and drawn at Barca and Bayern. I just hope Bayern can get an early goal and settle down. They still have more class and hopefully it will show. Worringly Getafe created alot of openings in the 2nd half in Germany and Bayern will have to defend better.

We've made things complicated for ourselves in Libertadores now. Palermo could have put us 2-1 up but missed an open goal! You have to see it to believe it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL2w8KcCXek

Now we are in an uncomfortable situation. Essentially without going through all the permutations, unless Atlas take something off Colo Colo, we'll have to beat Maracaibo by 3, but more likely 4 or 5 goals to go through.

The best equation for us is for Atlas to beat Colo Colo, then all we have to do is beat Maracaibo (which is a given). However, I doubt Atlas will win there, but hope I'm wrong (which I have been alot lately, so maybe there is more than hope :lol: ).

Or even if Colo Colo thrash Atlas then that will also do us a favour, every goal Colo Colo win by against Atlas is a goal less than we need to beat Maracaibo by.

Weird situation where either team winning could help or hinder us. We'll only have ourselves to blame if we go out, but really, I think we'll make it, we always do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.