youtube - match highlights

115K views 965 replies 212 participants last post by  TheMaestro1990 
#1 ·
#72 ·
Kent Carlsson and Leconte from Hamburg.

#73 ·
Still quality from Cuevas.

#75 ·
Not exactly quick play, but very thoughtful.

#77 ·
Not exactly quick play, but very thoughtful.

Thanks. Although I'm far from a clay aficionado, I quite enjoyed viewing this intriguing duel. In addition, it was refreshing to observe how close to the baseline both players played, which shows that quality clay court tennis doesn't have to consist exclusively of repetitious, mundane top spin shots.

Chesnokov was a beautiful player, quite agile for a man of his stature. He was able to chase down a few balls which were seemingly unreachable.

#78 ·
Just for you PD, here is the other part of it.

#80 ·
One of the interesting elements of those two clips is that despite the prolonged rallies, they weren't played passively. Each shot seemed to have some meaning behind it. Actually, I think both players were playing aggressive clay court tennis, especially Chesnokov. I mean, one of the problems with two-handed players is the lack of creativity, but Chesnokov was able to generate beautiful angles with his.

Moreover, he was also capable of flattening it out. Wilander left a volley hanging in the first clip and Chesnokov patiently slid into the shot, hitting a cross-court backhand which was as flat as any that I've seen.

#81 ·
They were probing, using the angles and no it wasn't just hitting for the sake of hitting, they were waiting for the right ball to finish the point, or Wilander coming to the net and Chesnokov would pass him.

#83 ·
Courier was brutal in that 2 year period.

#84 ·

#85 ·
Lucho Horna and Federer

#86 ·

#89 ·
Not a problem Kolya, how sexy was the double lob combo in the 2nd clip.

#91 ·
You only need to post the code after the v= to get it embedded.

#92 ·

#93 ·

#94 ·

#96 ·
Class shot.

#97 ·
Arazi and Mantilla is an excellent clash of styles, which is something not so common today.

#98 ·

#99 ·
I used to love watching Arazi as well, smooth and fluid game, I always felt if he was a few inches taller and had a bigger serve he'd have won a lot more but still, the way he was, winning 1 title is absolutely madness.

Always liked the Moroccans.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.