Mens Tennis Forums banner

St. Petersburg Open

4K views 32 replies 8 participants last post by  poiree 
#1 ·
So Igor has decided not to listen to us instead he has decided to play at the St.Petersburg Open and I'm sure every tournament he can until the year is over :rolleyes: ..Oh Igor I love you so much so I will be here to support you until the end of the tournament season :smooch: :hug:.

So here's what his draw looks like.

[1] YOUZHNY, Mikhail RUS - GOLUBEV, Andrey KAZ
ISTOMIN, Denis UZB - SCHUETTLER, Rainer GER
SAFIN, Marat RUS - GASQUET, Richard FRA
STARACE, Potito ITA - [5] ANDREEV, Igor RUS
[3] TROICKI, Viktor SRB - BECK, Karol SVK
[WC] VOVK, Stanislav RUS - PHAU, Bjorn GER
GRANOLLERS, Marcel ESP - [WC] KUZNETSOV, Andrey RUS
QUALIFIER - [6] KOROLEV, Evgeny RUS

[8] ZEBALLOS, Horacio ARG - QUALIFIER
QUALIFIER - GINEPRI, Robby USA
GULBIS, Ernests LAT - MAYER, Florian GER
QUALIFIER - [4] CHARDY, Jeremy FRA
[7] CUEVAS, Paulo URU - KUNITSYN, Igor RUS
[WC] ELGIN, Michail RUS - [SE] KUKUSHKIN, Mikhail KAZ
FOGNINI, Fabio ITA - [SE] MARCHENKO, Illya UKR
GABASHVILI, Teimuraz RUS - [2] HANESCU, Victor ROU

Come on Igor kick some ass in this tournament :bounce:.

See less See more
#2 ·
The draw is not that good, but hey, does it even matter what the draw is like anymore? :lol:

I really hope he beats Starace, because whether it's Marat or Richard next round, it'll be a good match to watch. And if Igor loses we can finally say, "Well, at least he lost to a good player." :eek: :lol:

Go Igor! :banana:

#3 ·
Пока;9245056 said:
The draw is not that good, but hey, does it even matter what the draw is like anymore? :lol:

I really hope he beats Starace, because whether it's Marat or Richard next round, it'll be a good match to watch. And if Igor loses we can finally say, "Well, at least he lost to a good player." :eek: :lol:

Go Igor! :banana:
:lol: I agree. Maybe it will be better with a tough draw... the easy ones didn't help at all lately :tape:

#4 ·
:tape: You're right! :lol: Maybe having to play tougher players will make Iggy want to fight hardernot gonna happen... :shrug:

#5 ·
When you're in a slump,every match looks impossible! Thank goodness matches are never already won/lost on a piece of paper:lol:

Good luck Igor,roll the clock back,get some results,have some fun!!:dance:

#7 ·
Igor's gonna play 1st on centre court in St Petersburg tomorrow

http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2009/568/op.pdf.

I cant follow the match,I'm at work:( All I can follow is his doubles which is 3rd on Centre,he's partnering
Mikhail Youzhny. They're playing Pavel Chekhov and Valery Rudnev.

Good luck Iggy.:bounce:

#8 ·
I'm so exited that he's playing doubles with Mikhail :bounce:!I hope they can win a round or two.Speaking of wining a round I really hope he can win his singles match tomorrow for his sanity and ours :fiery:!

#9 ·
:woohoo: I should be able to watch if there's a stream like there was yesterday. Davai Igor! :armed:

#13 ·
:woohoo: Well done, Iggy! Starace isn't that good off of clay, but that doesn't even matter, it's just so good to see Igor get a win! :D

64 62 :worship:

#15 ·
Пока;9251247 said:
:woohoo: Well done, Iggy! Starace isn't that good off of clay, but that doesn't even matter, it's just so good to see Igor get a win! :D

64 62 :worship:
Totally!!! :yeah:
It's wierd that some of these tournaments are so poorly attended, sometimes up to the quarterfinals. Today, this St. Petersburg had the wierd sound of cheering that had to be fake that they'd play every now and then unexpectedly!!! :eek: ........ Like for Igor's match I turned the volume up to try to hear his voice when he was interviewed after his (hooray) win. Could barely hear a thing, but then they played that fake cheering track and it almost blasted my ears out. ...... Anyway, so glad he's through to the next round!!!:yippee:

#16 ·
I know what you mean. :lol: I thought it was the cheering from the other court, but I am thinking about it now and wondering why there would be such loud cheering on Court 1 and absolute silence on Centre Court. :haha:

And it did sound really fake, so you're probably right. :lol:

Thanks for posting by the way. :wavey: Haven't seen you in here before. :)

#18 ·
Пока;9251726 said:
I know what you mean. :lol: I thought it was the cheering from the other court, but I am thinking about it now and wondering why there would be such loud cheering on Court 1 and absolute silence on Centre Court. :haha:

And it did sound really fake, so you're probably right. :lol:

Thanks for posting by the way. :wavey: Haven't seen you in here before. :)
Hey, Пока!!! :)!
Youre sweet to thank me for posting ..... I've been an Iggy fan ever since Indian Wells, when I saw that pic of him shirtless during a practice with countryman Marat ... I assume you know the one I mean?! :p

Loving Igor must be kinda like loving Ernie Gulbis (minus the prostitutes, of course! :rolleyes:) ... I've seen him exit in early rounds too many times this year! :sad:

I could be wrong about that cheering being fake/canned, but it sounded so wierd ... so kinda short, loud and unnatural, never extended, just cut off and brief ...... and especially when you look around to see how relatively empty the place is ............ oh my gosh! :eek: ...... I just heard the same, goofy-sounding, truncated "cheering" on the Kusnetsov match ...... It really is so fake sounding, doesn't sound at all like the natural applause that happens spontaneously. No, this fake sounding cheer seems to come out of nowhere and is just a different sound, louder ....... anyway . . .

Glad I found you and this Andreev message board! Davai Iggy!!! :banana:

~~~~~​

#22 ·
It gets better still for Igor - he and Mikhail are through their 1st round doubles! They defeated Chekhov and Rudnev
6-7(4) 6-4 [10-5] :dance:

#24 ·
Oh my god I'm so so so happy he won I feel like he just won a grand slam or something :lol:.And I'm really happy that Igor and Mikhail won there doubles match :woohoo:.Keep up the wining Igor(Even though it's going to be hard in the next round :scared:)..

Welcome IgoIgor it's great to have you here :wavey:.You and James are making me laugh so hard talking about the fake cheering :haha:.I would have loved to hear that :lol:.

#25 ·
I hope you can watch his match against Marat/Richard, Tasha, just so that you can hear the fake cheers! :haha:

They're so strange, they've included whistles and everything. :rolls:

Also, early on in Iggy's match I heard some "Russ-i-ya" chants going on. It sounded pretty normal, and was much quieter than the fake cheers, so I'm almost sure that it was real. It sounded like some little kids actually. It made me smile. :awww:
Did anyone else hear that?

#26 ·
Пока;9254086 said:
I hope you can watch his match against Marat/Richard, Tasha, just so that you can hear the fake cheers! :haha:

They're so strange, they've included whistles and everything. :rolls:

Also, early on in Iggy's match I heard some "Russ-i-ya" chants going on. It sounded pretty normal, and was much quieter than the fake cheers, so I'm almost sure that it was real. It sounded like some little kids actually. It made me smile. :awww:
Did anyone else hear that?
whistles and cheering :lol: :haha: :rolls:...That's to much.
That's so weird that they would do that :cuckoo: :lol:.

#27 ·
YES Safin won :woohoo:...I'm so happy.
I just wish i could watch it :sad:.I'm really horrible with time differences.Plus I don't know if it would be possible on my stupid computer.

#28 ·
Igor vs Marat is 4th on Centre today. :sad: This means I'll have to either stay up late or wake up early to watch, but I think I will, coz it will probably be my last chance to see these two faves play each other. :sobbing:

#30 ·
:wavey:

I didn't actually see any of the match but reports say he retired with a left knee injury,some people in GM who watched the match said his knee looked swollen:awww::sad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.