Mens Tennis Forums banner

The "injuries still suck" RG thread

43K views 2K replies 72 participants last post by  Lady Natalia 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Heh. Now would be a good time to start the duck-in-the-mud thread. :banana:

His first clay tournament will be Monte Carlo Houston. Yaaaaayyyy!!! Boooo! :banana:

strikeout ar.com schedule mistake :p

OK. Houston it is. Andy's first title of the year, coming right up (we hope!). :cool:

#202 ·
Re: Fun in the boring mud! (the Clay Season thread)

I think it's better for Andy to play the week leading up to Roland Garros so that he enters there more match tough and with recent clay matches under his belt, rather than having the week off to practice, etc. We all know that he won't have a deep run there anyways and isn't as concentrated on winning that slam than the other 3 (where he has a legit chance of winning any of the 3) so that week of training on the clay and stuff just seems like a waste of time. IMO I see this as a good thing, so straight from playing this world team whatever it's called, then going straight to Paris to get RG started is a good idea.:) He'll be gone by the time the QF roll over (or maybe pigs will fly and Andy will make it that far :shrug: ) so an extra week of rest prior to a Slam, particularly this one, wont be as important.

#203 ·

Naldo said:
I think it's better for Andy to play the week leading up to Roland Garros so that he enters there more match tough and with recent clay matches under his belt, rather than having the week off to practice, etc. We all know that he won't have a deep run there anyways and isn't as concentrated on winning that slam than the other 3 (where he has a legit chance of winning any of the 3) so that week of training on the clay and stuff just seems like a waste of time. IMO I see this as a good thing, so straight from playing this world team whatever it's called, then going straight to Paris to get RG started is a good idea.:) He'll be gone by the time the QF roll over (or maybe pigs will fly and Andy will make it that far :shrug: ) so an extra week of rest prior to a Slam, particularly this one, wont be as important.
That's a very interesting counterargument and makes a ton of sense. Thanks:D

#204 ·

Giving back to the community is best when you can't care less about winning 2 matches at the US Open. If I'm not mistaken, maturity and genius are traits of Roddick folks and friends.

#205 ·

AT least money will help lessen the pain of having losing head-to-head records.
The 1-10 and 1-6 records vs. Andy's fave outdoor hardcrt. and grass players,
and 1-3 records vs clay players are extraordinary.
Next time, he'll crash out of Wimbledon 2nd round after avoiding sidespin slicing tactics and continuing with moonballs and 130-155 mph serves.

#207 ·

conundrum

1. Lie to Andy about winning Slams
but do nothing for him. Eat Cheetos...relax on the boat.

2. Tell him to donate money and make sponsors happy,
but don't give him a rare opportunity to become a legend....after
all....let ANdy believe he's stupid and make him stay at the low level he's at.
Knowledgeable fans and Andy know what he's paid to do--
Have real coach support and Never-say-die, tiger killing prey tennis.

Family, American Express and friends, however, live in another galaxy....they're all about team work and money!!!!
You see...rich Andy won't give much of his own money to the world....
but poor, middle-classed folks PAY $$$$$$ to HIS AR Foundation and EXHIBITION PROMOTERS.:haha: :eek:

#209 ·

heya... :hug: :haha:
No I don't think he'll sink as low as to suck on grass too.... he'd have retired by then

#210 ·

and no way he'll lose on grass to cheap players with that kind of serve speed.... well except to that Italian Broccoli guy.... but otherwise he'll have a free pass to the SF at least (I think) or (I hope he doesn't draw Marat)

#211 ·

does anyone else think that it might be better for him to meet roger before the final sunday?

roger is just so close to unbeatable in finals, i dont think andy is ready for that.
depending on which roddick shows up a QRT or SF match may not be the worst.:shrug:

#212 ·

Duh, he almost lost to BRACCIALI and ROCHUS in his PRECIOUS PATRIOTIC DC "do anything to win" tie.
There was no problem in his mind when he crashed out between July and April.

The indifferent, bad call-littered circus match in Madrid and pitiful injury mess in Paris
didn't just pop up. How fast they came ever since he told the media to give Federer more credit. : - o
"I gave my best.....but my best just wasn't enough!"

There're enough cha ching and love though!!!
Andy further damaged his back at yet ANOTHER exhibition!!!
A back Injury is never preventable. :- >
Thoughtless, stressful serving isn't changeable....after all.

#213 ·

partygirl said:
does anyone else think that it might be better for him to meet roger before the final sunday?

roger is just so close to unbeatable in finals, i dont think andy is ready for that.
depending on which roddick shows up a QRT or SF match may not be the worst.:shrug:
Yep, I think it is better that Andy faces Fed in a semi, or qtr rather than a final...lest I remind you the last time Andy played Fed in a semifinal Roddick won.

#214 ·

partygirl said:

I'm with you on that one. Fed is alot more beatable in the earlier rounds.

#215 ·

Well, spending time on an exhibition tour and not working hard wouldn't allow him any chance to win any round. There's Kindness and there's stupid FUCKING Foolishness....he chose the latter.

Last fall, he was bored, just as he predicted.
Indifferent after travelling outside the US.
He LET BAD CALLS destroy his return game against KARLOVIC, who has a huge serve and couldn't run. Andy was even more lethargic than Ivo.
He didn't learn how to serve or make himself fight and run fast.
The weight lifting did nothing for his muscles.....heavy ass.
He barely could block a shot deep and lectured the umpire like he was the umpire's mother. Time to grow up, Rodd.

#217 ·

Breakaway said:
IF Andy were to win Roland Garros what a way that would be to shut all the critics up! :)
not happening even if the entire top 20 gets injured... :haha:
Winning wimby beating Fed in the final would be a more reachable goal...

#219 ·

heya said:
Duh, he almost lost to BRACCIALI and ROCHUS in his PRECIOUS PATRIOTIC DC "do anything to win" tie.
There was no problem in his mind when he crashed out between July and April.

The indifferent, bad call-littered circus match in Madrid and pitiful injury mess in Paris
didn't just pop up. How fast they came ever since he told the media to give Federer more credit. : - o
"I gave my best.....but my best just wasn't enough!"

There're enough cha ching and love though!!!
Andy further damaged his back at yet ANOTHER exhibition!!!
A back Injury is never preventable. :- >
Thoughtless, stressful serving isn't changeable....after all.
heya, if the Rod has to change his serve, in the process his rankings'll plummet beyond all hopes of redemption and by the time he actually gets some PLACEMENT on his serve and less blind power, he'd be ranked so low he'd actually lose in the qualies of slams already...
Keep the serve, but step up to the baseline and for the love of John, Mardy and Maria please don't come to the net on those so-called-approach shots...
And while ur at it get a BH please...

#220 ·

I've come to the conclusion that Roddick gets comfort from being in a team. He says he loves DC (no reason to disbelieve him), and the WTC is similar. He's still the lead guy in both for USA, good for his morale, teammates urging him on and vice versa. Nothing wrong with that but he probably misses them when he's in other tournaments and on his own on court. Same with his family, but comforter John is now with him. He's still on a toddler's leading strings IMO.

#222 ·

world team cup, i think?

#224 ·

i do too....

#226 ·

Coach's Corner
May 2nd, 2006 10:50 am

I am really looking forward to getting on the court in Charleston! Having Andy’s serve on my side of the net should make my life a bit easier. The last time we played together was in DC in 2001, where we beat Canas and Orsenic, and then lost to Tarango. I have gone up against the Bryans a couple of times in the past, and hopefully Andy and I will have a different result this time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.