Mens Tennis Forums banner

The "injuries still suck" RG thread

43K views 2K replies 72 participants last post by  Lady Natalia 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Heh. Now would be a good time to start the duck-in-the-mud thread. :banana:

His first clay tournament will be Monte Carlo Houston. Yaaaaayyyy!!! Boooo! :banana:

strikeout ar.com schedule mistake :p

OK. Houston it is. Andy's first title of the year, coming right up (we hope!). :cool:

#1,277 ·
Re: The "Injuries suck!" Dusseldorf thread

:hug::awww:

Attachments

#1,278 ·

:awww: I hope his ankle is holding up.

Debla, i think keeping this one thread for the clay season was a good idea, might as well see it through. Keeps things nice and tidy. :)

#1,279 ·

Works for me as well.

Were those pictures from today? It makes me sad! :sad:

#1,280 ·

I hope it is too Sarah :awww: I just hope he doesn't take the risk if it's too big. Yeah they are from today Amber

Okay, well if people want to come up with an RG title I can change it since tangy's away and she can change it again when she comes back. or we can wait til we know for sure if he's playing or not...

#1,281 ·

I think that if it's not 100% better, he should just hold off and leave RG. He needs to concentrate on his grass season. He can't afford to miss Queens, and he'll probably want to miss it less than the French anyway because of his success at Stella Artois?

We should change it the title anyway, so people can talk about anything to do with RG regardless of whether Andy plays, i think.

#1,282 ·

So Andy is playing, right? Would he play tomorrow or the next day?

Reactions: MissFairy
#1,286 ·

ok Sarah good idea... anyone have any ideas for an RG thread title?

#1,287 ·

ESPN is showing footage from Andy's practice session. Brad thinks he'll be okay. His movement seems better, moving better than yesterday.

#1,288 ·

Well I don't trust Brad worth anything but yes, he was jumping around on it and looked "OK" - by Tuesday he might really be ok to play. What he's gotta do is try to play aggressively and not let Martin hook him into long rallies where he'll run a lot. If he can go for his shots and end points relatively quickly..... of course that's a big IF.

#1,290 ·

The " Merci, bonsoir" thread..nah.

#1,291 ·

Exactly, IF is the operative word. Andy doesn't seem to know his weapons anymore, i actually get scared more now when he hits forehands, and that fear was usually reserved only for backhands but even that doesn't look so bad anymore.
I don't know either way when he plays on tuesday i'll probably have eaten all my nails :eek: i can just picture more damage to that foot. I mean i would like to think, as i've said before, that even Andy would have the intelligence to skip RG for the grass season, so the fact that he's still in the draw atm to me says that he thinks he's ok for it...but wat does he know :devil:

#1,293 ·

Roddick looks OK to play
/ Associated Press
Posted: 32 minutes ago

PARIS (AP) - Andy Roddick got through a second practice session at Roland Garros on his injured left ankle with no apparent problems Sunday and his coach said the fifth-seeded American probably will play at the French Open.

"It looks that way right now," said John Roddick, Andy's older brother and coach. "The progress has been faster than we expected, and with the Tuesday start, it looks good."
The clay-court Grand Slam tournament started Sunday - a day earlier than normal - and the first round is being stretched out over three days. Roddick's portion of the draw is in action Tuesday; he's scheduled to face Alberto Martin of Spain.

Roddick moved around more during Sunday's training hour session on Court 18 at the far end of Roland Garros than he did Saturday. He didn't seem to be having trouble with the ankle, although he did complain aloud that his shoes weren't giving him much stability on the red clay.:eek:

The 2003 U.S. Open champion and former top-ranked player sprained ligaments in the ankle Wednesday at the World Team Cup in Duesseldorf, Germany.

"He's still feeling his way out," John Roddick said.

#1,294 ·

Is it just me or is anyone else worried about these shoes, i mean i haven't heard a lot about them in a while being a problem or watever but i remember an occasion or 2 last summer when he just began wearing them were they gave him trouble also, :confused:

#1,295 · (Edited)

I dunno, these should be different ones, ones specially for clay, and he was fine in Rome, moving great and didn't have any problems... I dunno haven't heard anything. And his injury wasn't caused by them....

don't know! :shrug:!

No shoes are perfect for what these guys do to their feet. look what problems Nike has caused for all those who wear them :unsure:

Also I think the clay is more powdery at RG (especially today, you could see all the dust kicking up) than Dusseldorf, and before that he was in Austin on green clay, so maybe he was just having trouble getting used to the surface or something. Hard to know from that article.

#1,296 ·

I hope he starts feeling a little more confortable on the clay. I think tomorrow's practice session will tell us a lot about his comfort level and his condition.

#1,297 ·

Yeh i suppose, Watching the Sharapova match earlier i noticed the clay being a little different to that of dusseldorf last week (i just wrote dusseldork unconsciencly :angel: ) in that the dusseldorf courst was more soft, not a lot of dust flying etc. I mean like you say it could just be that he's not used to the court and maybe trying to find an excuse for it but i duno, maybe i'm just worried that he's complaining about his shoes a few days after he hurt his foot :confused:

P.S. i'm not a big worrier right now i'm revising for a big test and this is like my break away from it so i'm using the same word over and over again primarily because i couldn't be annoyed thinking of another, k thanks bye :wavey:

#1,298 ·

The AP also could've been wrong.. I tend to not trust the agencies when they publish stuff like that because they're well-known for factual inaccuracies, in tennis and in all their news. the AFP for a long tie last week said it was andy's shoulder that was hurt, Reuters was calling Diego Hartfield a lucky loser.. etc. If they are just publishing what they think they heard Andy say to John or Doug, who knows what was really the issue. :lol:

Or maybe the Babolat shoes suck hard, who knows :lol:

#1,300 ·

Caren said:
I won't even say wat i thought that said :speakles:
:eek: :scared:

#1,301 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.