Mens Tennis Forums banner

The "injuries still suck" RG thread

43K views 2K replies 72 participants last post by  Lady Natalia 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Heh. Now would be a good time to start the duck-in-the-mud thread. :banana:

His first clay tournament will be Monte Carlo Houston. Yaaaaayyyy!!! Boooo! :banana:

strikeout ar.com schedule mistake :p

OK. Houston it is. Andy's first title of the year, coming right up (we hope!). :cool:

#227 ·
Re: Fun in the boring mud! (the Clay Season thread)

You know the Spanish and Argentines would always spend more time working than flying around America for exhibitions. :inlove:
Dimwit Americans. :bowdown: I say that with honor and patriotism.

That's why I love Nadal more and respect Andy less.

#229 ·

partygirl said:
hey! for those who have not bothered to care, Andy is a 100 to 1 shot in Vbetting to win
the french.

and 29 other cool people have wagered. :cool:

sounds like my kind of action.
The odds just reflect what is going on in the real betting markets: http://www.oddschecker.com/betting/mode/o/card/tennis-mensfrenchopen/odds/1960843x/sid/818932 Andy is currently around 140:1 in betsfair, so he is not considered a legitimate contender.

#231 ·

Merton said:
Deb, your avatar :haha: :haha: :haha: May Lord Carlos indeed inspire him.
:p used it last year and I dug it up. Thought it was a good one - old or not ;)

#233 ·

that's true, it's new for some people, that's good :p

It still is nowhere near as good as Tangy's, though. :worship:

#235 ·

Bryans get another shot at Roddick tonight

BY JAMES BECK
The Post and Courier

Twins Mike and Bob Bryan have a reason to be fired up for their doubles match tonight against Andy and John Roddick at Family Circle Magazine Stadium.

"We have some unfinished business," said Mike Bryan, the right-handed half of the world's top-ranked doubles team.

This bit of business dates back eight years to when the Bryans and John Roddick were on opposite sides in tennis' NCAA championship match. John Roddick has added little brother Andy to his team. You remember, Andy Roddick, right?:eek: He's the one with the world's fastest serve. Brother John serves as his coach.

While tonight's pro-set doubles matchup should be fun-filled, the highlight of the exhibition will be a best-of-three nightcap singles match pitting 2003 U.S. Open champion Andy Roddick against Paul Goldstein. Roddick is currently ranked fifth in the world, while Goldstein is ranked No. 61.

The Lexus of Charleston All-American Tennis Shootout will start at 7 p.m. on Daniel Island.

"Bob and I played against John (and partner Steve Baldas) at No. 1 doubles. John was up 7-4 and we brought it back to 7-7 when the match was clinched," Mike said about the unfinished business from the Bryans' and Stanford's 1998 NCAA title victory over Georgia and John Roddick.

Tonight will be all fun, although Mike Bryan said, "There's not a lot of pressure, but you definitely want to win. You don't want to hear it from your buddies."

Andy Roddick and the Bryans have been getting together several times each year for Davis Cup competition. They'll go to Russia together in September for a Davis Cup semifinal showdown.

But the Bryans are excited about returning tonight to the site of their 2004 Davis Cup semifinal victory over Belarus. Bob said the crowd of 10,000 that watched the twins clinch the U.S. victory provided "the best atmosphere in the States I've

ever played in." He also said, "I consider that to be one of the best matches I've ever played."

The Bryans have been in five straight Grand Slam doubles finals, winning the last two. Each has won three Grand Slam doubles crowns and two Grand Slam mixed doubles titles.

They played two years at Stanford, leading the Cardinal to national championships in 1997 and 1998. Goldstein played on both Stanford teams.

One of the main reasons for today's exhibition is to help the players make the transition to European red clay.

"This works well on clay before going overseas," said Mike Bryan, noting that the players will spend the next nine weeks in Europe, beginning with next week's tournament in Rome.

Shootout info

--Wayne Bryan, the twins' father, will serve as the master of ceremonies for the evening.

--Collegiate players from South Carolina, Clemson, The Citadel and College of Charleston will participate in preliminary matches along with representatives from the Charleston Pro Tennis League. There also will be a media match.

--The Roddicks are scheduled to fly in today from Austin, Texas, along with Goldstein. The Bryans will arrive today from Florida.

--If the Roddick-Goldstein match goes to a third set, a tiebreaker will serve as the final set.

--ESPN is scheduled to have a camera crew on hand tonight. :eek:

#238 ·

My guess is that they'll just show it on their daily entertainment type show and do a little segment on it. I doubt they'll show like the whole thing or anything like that :eek:

#239 ·

partygirl said:
:yawn: what's new? Keep THIS form up and he wont be a legit contender for USO when the time comes either... :yawn:

#241 · (Edited)

According to the admin at AR.com (per an update posted on the homepage there), the Bryans beat the Roddicks 8-6 (pro set I guess) :lol:

And Andy won the first set against Goldie 6-3

#242 ·

There's livescoring threads in the forum (the admin is updating). The Bryans took a 4-0 lead before the Roddicks levelled. At 5-5, the Roddicks had their noses in front to take a 6-5, and the unthinkable happened - the Bryans won! :p

#243 ·

Yeah, if that doesn't sound scripted I dunno what does :lol:

But considering Goldie's gotten to more semifinals than Andy has this year :)o) maybe beating him easily is a good thing :eek:

#245 ·

yea :sobbing:

well, looks like andy won 6-3 6-2 :p

#247 ·

:haha:

#249 ·

I think..... considering it was an exho and andy owns Paul anyway.... we do not.... :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.