Mens Tennis Forums banner

Murray camp unhappy with schedule

16K views 194 replies 94 participants last post by  leng jai 
#1 ·
#7 ·
Re: Murray camp-unhappy with schedule

Was thinking this yesterday.

If anything Murray should have got a night match on Hisense at least once. Will be interesting to see the SF assuming both win and how long Murray takes to adapt to the conditions.
Well he got a late starting match against Simon on Hisense but it didn`t take to long.
All in all i don`t criticise the schedule at all.The organisers look at the matches and see which is the best draw for the TV viewers.

#15 ·

Um, hm, no one cares.

I wouldn't want to spend a lot of money for a night session (especially so late in the tournament where you only get one singles per night session) and see Murray win in 1.5h against another French fodder. AO organisers have got it spot on.

Also, note the comments below the article. Even if it's the Daily Mail, the best-rated ones are very sensible.

#16 ·

:baby:

#20 ·

Murray and his team are absolutely right here. This is a huge advantage for Federer as he does not only get to play matches in cooler temperatures, but also gets to adjust to the conditions. I believe this will only make Murray more determined as he seems to love it when he feels people are against him.

#66 ·

Murray and his team are absolutely right here. This is a huge advantage for Federer as he does not only get to play matches in cooler temperatures, but also gets to adjust to the conditions. I believe this will only make Murray more determined as he seems to love it when he feels people are against him.
because Andy Murray has won so many matches when the odds were against him and people doubted him :facepalm: come on mate, get real.... I do agree that the lack of matches on cooler temps could potentially hurt him if he ends up playing a night one in the next few days BUT it's not a big deal and certainly none of his matches have been very exciting so far so maybe obviously the tournament directors were smart in their decision not to put him on center@night. it's got to be a kickass matchup or Roger Federer to deserve that billing :wavey:

#22 ·

Murray and his camp have very little to complain about. He has the easiest draw until the semi-finals.

#154 ·

Murray and his camp have very little to complain about. He has the easiest draw until the semi-finals.
On paper, he didn't have the easiest draw.

Besides, draws are random. It's not as though they decided to give him an easy draw and then balance it out by not giving him any night matches.

I swear, some of you people are as thick as two short planks. He has an easy path to the semis, so he should be at a disadvantage when/if he plays Federer? Brilliant logic.

#31 ·

Just like to point out that there isn't a single quote from any of Murray's camp there
Yeah, not to mention it says in the article that it's Lendl and Vallverdu who have complained, nothing about Murray.

I doubt barely anyone in this thread has actually read the article though, the blind hatred is amusing

#26 ·

:haha: That's because watching Mugray play is as much fun as watching paint dry on a park bench, not to mention the opponents that he has faced - not many people care for those matches.

Federer vs Tsonga - now that's primetime tennis, not Mugray vs Chardy...

#27 ·

Federer is a multyslam champion, which you are not. Fed is a higher seed than you. Fed had more attractive matches and bigger names as opponents. So they should put you on RLA prime time sessions why exactly?

#33 ·

Which Murray match do you feel should have been given preference over the Federer match.

Federer-Tsonga probably fairly over Murray-Chardy given involves 2 top 10.

Federer-Raonic marginally over Murray-Simon which would have been an embarrasing night match (too one sided).

Federer-Tomic was local interest so always night match.

Federer-Davydenko over Murray-Sousa was an obvious choice.

Both first round were day matches.

Not sure choice biased based on details of who playing.

#34 ·

Which Murray match do you feel should have been given preference over the Federer match.

Federer-Tsonga probably fairly over Murray-Chardy given involves 2 top 10.

Federer-Raonic marginally over Murray-Simon which would have been an embarrasing night match (too one sided).

Federer-Tomic was local interest so always night match.

Federer-Davydenko over Murray-Sousa was an obvious choice.

Both first round were day matches.

Not sure choice biased based on details of who playing.
Murray-Haase could have been night match and I think also Murray-Chardy could have been chosen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.