Mens Tennis Forums banner

The new kid on the block : Victor Crivoi

64K views 752 replies 35 participants last post by  Nightcrawl3r 
#1 · (Edited)
Did anyone heard of Victor Crivoi? Well...i haev seen him 4 the first time at this years Romanian Open and i really think that he is the future star of romanian and international tennis! ( UPDATE: i was young and foolish when i wrote this )

Well...i have 4 more pic with him but...i cant't attach them. Sorry ! But i promise i will attach pic from his practice k? :kiss: :clap2: :bigclap:

Attachments

See less See more
#724 · (Edited)
Gstaad R1: Vic beat Kohlschreiber 6-4, 6-0.
Great win. Congrats Vic!

From ATP site:
There was a surprise exit on Monday at the Allianz Suisse Open Gstaad as World No. 81 Victor Crivoi made the best possible tournament debut by ousting second-seeded German Philipp Kohlschreiber 6-4, 6-0 to reach the second round of the ATP World Tour 250 tennis tournament.

One break in the first game of the match, obtained as Kohlschreiber double faulted, was enough to secure the first set for Crivoi and the Romanian stunned his German opponent by racing away with three breaks of serve in the second set to clinch victory after only 64 minutes.

The No. 23-ranked Kohlschreiber, a semi-finalist in Gstaad in 2006 (l. to Gasquet), suffered just his third first-round loss of the season and dropped to a 30-16 match record.

The 27-year-old Crivoi, who last week reached a career-high No. 79 in the South African Airways 2009 ATP Rankings, won his fifth tour-level match of the season (5-10 record) and will look to reach his first ATP World Tour quarter-final when he faces Russian Teimuraz Gabashvili.
Haide Vic!

#725 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new in this forum, My name is Noura.
I've seen Crivoi for the first time, this year at Roland Garros, training with Hanescu, they're both really nice... (and cute, well especially Crivoi;))...

He's got a genuine chance to reach the quarter-finals , I've checked their head to head, they already played each other twice(1-1): Gabashvili won the last encounter BUT it was on carpet and for a Davis Cup match which didn't really count , whereas Victor won on CLAY !!! Knowing that Gstaad is a clay tournament... he really can do it !!!
The match is at 10.30 AM (local time) on the center court ...

C'mon Victor !!!

#728 ·
Game, set & match VICTOR CRIVOI 6-4/6-4!!! :yippee:

CONGRATULATIONS, Victor !!!

I'm very impressed by the way he handled the whole match!!!
He played very well and he definitely deserves to be in the top 50 (at least)...

On clay , his game plan is getting better from match to match .

His next opponent will be either Garcia-Lopez (that's gonna be a real test) or the German leftie Andreas Beck (this would be easier for him I guess)
They are currently playing ...

I really hope it's gonna be Beck !!! :p

#730 ·
Well, anyway, it's gonna be Andreas Beck, Victor has never played him, so we can say at least it's a 50-50 percentage of victory to be the least optimistic ...
And personnally, I don't like Garcia-lopez, so I'm happy, they'll play on Friday, tomorrow, Hanescu will play, and if he wins his two matches & Crivoi the next one, they're gonna be an all Romanian semi-final in Gstaad ... I soooo want that to happen, cos if I do remember well, Crivoi has a revenge to take on Hanescu... :)

#733 ·
that's over : he lost 6-4/7-6. I'm gutted :( , but honestly, Beck was simply WAY better than Victor today. What a shame, I've noticed something funny, don't you think Crivoi's scream is a bit girly ? :lol:
I mean God, he really screams like a tenniswoman, and especially compared with Beck's scream...

Good points : 45 pts
and 10,850 euros :)

Not too bad ...

#736 ·
Tell me about it! He really can do with a couple of points right now, especially if players like Bellucci or Beck start winning tournaments ...
He already lost once to Luczak in 2007 and guess what ... it was on clay !!!
But I think, Victor is stronger now, especially after this semi-final at Gstaad, he's got some confidence ;)
We'll see ...

#738 ·
Luczak has loads of experience; he's one of the best claycourt Challenger players. I think Victor, despite the QF (not SF) in Gstaad, will be the underdog. Luczak is coming from a final in Tampere and with commanding wins over Schukin and Florian Mayer is looking very good.

Anyways, Victor has a shot, but I am not expecting him to win. I hope he does, though, of course ;)

#739 ·
Unfortunately, you were right, he lost in 3 sets, I can't believe he lost the match after winning the 2nd set 6-0 !!!

Anyway, Crivoi stays in Italy, he'll be in another challenger (but this time, he's seeded 4).
He'll be playing in the 1st round : Brian Dabul (never heard of him, so I guess it's gonna be ok :p)

http://www.euro-sporting.it/challenger/

it's another tournament in Europe and AGAIN on clay :(, I don't know why he doesn't try to get to the big tournaments of the major atp tour:confused: , I mean the US Open is round the corner, and he hasn't played a single official match on a hard surface, I hope he's gonna soon move to the US and train for the US Open with the big players ...

#740 ·
I found a video interview of Crivoi, in which he says that he's a Federer fan :)
I didn't understand the whole interview but basically he explains why he chose tennis, he talks about his training routine, and why he's a fan of Roger.

http://www.realitatea.net/video_847732_victor-crivoi--sunt-fan-roger-federer_552192.html

I might be wrong, like I said, I don't speak a word of Romanian, but luckily for me, it's a latin language like French, so I can guess most of it ... ;)
By the way if someone can translate even roughly what he says that would be lovely :)

#741 ·
TRANSLATION:
- Why did you choose tennis?
- I choose to play tennis because it's a nice, clean sport and the people that work in the tennis industry are very special and have a nice personality.
- How often do you train?
- 2 or 3 times / day. If I'm playing in a tournament I train more to maintain my fitness and I am not involved in a tournament I train three times / day.
- What is your model in tennis?
- I am a Roger Federer fan but now I'm starting too see him more like an opponent, not like a idol, because I might play against him someday.

#742 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.