Diego Sebastian Schwartzman - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-22-2014, 09:38 AM   #16
country flag Dead Net Cord

Dead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Diego Sebastian Schwartzman

Campinas challenger

with cheap media love and fawners praising who didn't win slams

it must have been good to be a Swiss?

but chokers are always present in slam draws, wearing orange shoes and gold handbags
---
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Now these are the nights I am going to remember
Dead Net Cord is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2014, 01:13 PM   #17

Dead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
10 QUESTIONS FOR DIEGO SCHWARTZMAN: CHALLENGER TOUR FINALS PREVIEW

At 5'7", Diego Schwartzman is out to prove a point. The shortest player in the Top 100 of the Emirates ATP Rankings, the fast-rising Argentine has dominated the ATP Challenger Tour this year and has made a splash on the tour-level stage as well, showing that being short is not a handicap between the lines.

The Buenos Aires native’s agility and firepower off the ground have propelled him to new heights in 2014, accumulating the third-most match wins on the ATP Challenger Tour (42) and second-most titles (4). One of eight Argentines in the Top 100, he is 4-2 in finals this year, hoisting trophies in Aix-en-Provence, Prague II, Campinas and San Juan. The 22 year old earned his first match victory at the Grand Slam level in Roland Garros, as a qualifier, before falling to Roger Federer in the second round. He also reached the Round of 16 in Kitzbuhel following a 6-1, 6-0 rout of rising star Alexander Zverev.

One of eight players to have punched their tickets to the ATP Challenger Tour Finals, held at the Pinheiros Sports Club in Sao Paulo from 19-23 November, Schwartzman spoke to ATPWorldTour.com...

Diego, you have achieved a lot this year, winning 42 matches and 4 titles and reaching a career-high Emirates ATP Ranking of 76. How do you explain your ascent and the success that you have enjoyed?
This season has been the best of my career for what you said. I had an incredible year winning many matches and titles that are very important for my confidence and also for the amount of points as a whole. The explanation is that I have been working very hard with my team since the beginning of the year and that thankfully it was reflected on the court in most of the tournaments that I played.

How did you begin playing tennis when you were younger and what impact did the Argentine greats like Coria and Nalbandian have on your career?
I began playing thanks to my family who has always loved tennis, even from the amateur level. Thankfully I took it up at the time when there were many great Argentine players and the kids like me wanted to be like them in some way. That motivated me to play. Having had Nalbandian, Coria, Cañas, Gaudio, Chela and many more playing in the same era helped bring attention to Argentine tennis and encourage new players to come out.

You had the opportunity to play against Roger Federer in Roland Garros, Rafael Nadal in Acapulco and Novak Djokovic in New York. What did you take away from those experiences?
They were incredible experiences for me, to have played as few matches at the ATP World Tour level and have been able to face those three is something I can’t explain. They are three players that can be the best in history and at 22 years old to play against them helps me a lot to understand the things they do on the court. They are great competitors and players. They have won the respect of all players and you have to try to learn and copy what you can.

After the match against Federer, he said, “I can see why he's ranked where he is and why he probably is going to move up in the rankings. He's very steady, very fast. He's got some good qualities.” What does it mean to you to hear that praise from someone like him?
When I left the match and they told me that he spoke well of me, I did not believe it (laughs). But then I heard it and it gave me goosebumps. It was incredible and I appreciated his words. For the little that I know him, he is an incredible person, very respectful and has a good personality.
It was an amazing feeling to have qualified for my first Grand Slam and later win in the first round. It was one of the best tournaments that I played in the year and I had the gift of playing against Roger on one of the centre courts of Roland Garros. They are moments that will always stay with me. I will continue improving my game, but I feel that I am on the right path and I hope that I can be even better next year.

They call you “the little giant”. Comment on how you use your height to your advantage on the court.
Since I was a child I have always worked a lot on my movement, my mentality and other aspects of my game that I knew had to make a difference from being short. It is something that I believe is a disadvantage above all on serve, but it also motivates me to improve many other shots and aspects of my game that put me where I am today.

You have reached 12 finals on the ATP Challenger Tour, all on clay. Is it your favourite surface? What are the strengths of your game?
I believe that clay is my favourite surface. I feel very comfortable on it, although my game has improved a lot on hard courts. I take advantage of my strengths from the back of the court and my strong mentality in matches. I like to be solid and to always dominate with my style. I try to copy something similar to the way David Ferrer plays.

Has it been an important goal to qualify for the ATP Challenger Tour Finals? When you look at the list of other participants, do you believe that you can win the tournament?
Qualifying for the Finals was very important since the points I needed for the tournament show how well I did the rest of the year. The opponents are going to be very tough. All play great tennis and it’s going to be very difficult to win the tournament. I have to play all the matches at 100 per cent and stay confident.

There are eight Argentines in the Top 100 of the Emirates ATP Rankings. What impact has the sudden rise of Leonardo Mayer and Federico Delbonis had?
It is very nice that there are many players from Argentina in the Top 100 and that Delbonis and Mayer continue rising helps a lot. I hope that they will continue and that other new players come up as well.

Tell us something about yourself that the majority of fans don’t know. What do you do for fun, away from the court?
I like to come home when I can and be with my family, friends and people that I love. I am also a big fan of the Boca Juniors football club and I love to go watch the team play. And of course I follow football leagues in all parts of the world.

What are your goals for 2015?
The truth is that I do not have a goal for 2015. I want to end this year the best I can and from there I will see.
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...n-Preview.aspx

but chokers are always present in slam draws, wearing orange shoes and gold handbags
---
Quote:
Old 11-20-2014, 12:35 AM   #18

---
Quote:
Old Yesterday, 11:05 AM   #19
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

he is into the semifinals in challenger tour finals, lets see!
plays bolelli today there

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:04 PM   #20

ATP Challenger Tour Finals Final

---
Quote:

Last edited by Dead Net Cord : Today at 10:38 PM.
Old Today, 10:13 PM   #21
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

vamos

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote