Mens Tennis Forums banner

do u think that Juanqui will win RG ?

• NO he won't win against top guys like roger or coria

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • yes of course why not he still the king on clay and he will prove it in France!

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • i dunno it's too soon he only won some matches on hard let's see in valencia and monte carlo

Votes: 19 44.2%

Juanqui at RG..

2K views 28 replies 21 participants last post by  Jam. 
#1 ·
last year he lost in the second round remember u guys against andreev we saw that he played better in miami but what about RG ? do u think that he has good chance on clay season ? give ur point of view :wavey:

#2 ·
with jc in roland garros he always has a chance cos apart from last year {how can we forget it :rolleyes: } he worst performance there was SF. i think he can win it, but it depends on if hes seeded or not and what kinda draw he gets.

#3 ·
roisin said:
i think he can win it, but it depends on if hes seeded or not and what kinda draw he gets.
:sad: he's not gonna be seeded, right? most likely? so we'll see what kind of draw he gets in the first/second round. VAMOS JC! :banana:

#4 ·
i think if he wins one tms and gets to like the quarter finals in the other 2, he'll be seeded.

no problem then ;)

#5 ·
yeap the main pbm is that he didn't win a tournement for soooooooo long so he's ranking is under the 40 place right so except if he wins MTC and valencia he won't be seeded in RG

#7 ·
Considering that in his first trip there, he reached the semifinals and lost a five-setter to Kuerten, I think he has a good shot, barring the injuries. He's just such a natural clay-courter, he should do fairly well. But I seriously doubt he'll win-although anything above the second round will earn him ranking points, which is what we should concentrate on because it'll make us happy to see the numbers go up.

#10 ·
yeah,just because he is the king of clay ,he can make everything happend on clay even he is not seed!
I always think if he drew top player in early round and beat them ,the rest of the draw will pretty easy for him.:lol:

#11 ·
yeah JC will do well at RG-but i'm more worried about Valencia

#14 ·
we're a very optimistic bunch and we believe in our man.

#15 ·
:smooch: :couple: He will win because I love him!

Reactions: Luna
#17 ·
bit too soon to tell but I think (hope) he'll do well *crosses fingers*

#20 ·
I am afraid that after today I have only one option to vote for, and its the first one....of course there's still some way to RG, he'll get more clay practice, but I dont think he's strong enough or will be strong enough to beat the top guys in the likes of Fed, Gaudio, Safin, Coria...Nadal. After all clay takes endurance, hard work, and I dont see much of these in his todays 26 16 performance.....unfortunately. I hope he will work more on that so that he'll have more strength in his performances in the next tourneys.....or we may aswell start praying he doesnt draw Andreev again. :rolleyes:

#25 ·
juanqui lost against Nadal so im beginning to be pessimistic ...

#26 ·
safinaferrero said:
juanqui lost against Nadal so im beginning to be pessimistic ...
yeah but even though he lost to nadal again, the match in valencia was very different to the one in barcelona. the score doesn't do jc any justice at all cos he played well, just making a few errors on the crucial points. and plus nadal is the player of the moment, especially on clay.

so i think jc has a bit of a chance at RG, depending on his draw and how he does in the next few weeks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.