Mens Tennis Forums banner

Ryan in 2014!

25K views 248 replies 19 participants last post by  sagroove 
#1 ·
Figured I would create his thread for 2014. Let's hope for a MUCH better season for Ryan this coming year :)

#173 ·
Good to see he hired a new coach, and one who is trying to improve his backhand. Hopefully he can turn things around.

#179 ·
My first thought on seeing him draw Dimitrov was "crap, not again." So I hope some of you are right that he's got a chance here. Go Ryan!

#180 ·
Tough loss to Dimitrov. But he played well, at least for the first set. Next up is Winnetka and Newport. Hopefully the coaching change will breathe some new life into his game.

#181 ·
Harrison looked much better , but it's hard to tell if that was result of new coaching or not. I have found that throughout his career he plays well on the big courts, for the big matches on the big days however...it's the in and outs, and finding a way to win when you are expected to beat another guy ranked 100 in world that is hard for Ryan because he relies to much on his athleticism and not enough of just playing good solid aggressive tennis.

I'm optimistic he'll have a decent HC season. I don't think though, from what I saw on Monday that the majority of his problems are solved. He still has that horrible slice backhand and just gets pounded on mercilessly by anyone who can draw that shot out of him. JMG needs to get that slice out his game or improve it so it's not so attackable.

#185 ·
He should have played Binghamton. He needs points bad.

#196 ·
Yes, Jack Sock definitely deserves his own board! Much more so than Harrison right now.

#208 ·
Well.....

I don't see much different between 1st round exit and 2rd round lose or either a 3rd go home

If he gets No 6 seed down and then he would definitely change his whole career

If he lost right here and then just waste a wc and still have chance to do it next year

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.