Mens Tennis Forums banner

Malaysian airlines flight crashes in Ukraine

31K views 590 replies 70 participants last post by  MWW 
#1 ·
Malaysian airlines flight Amsterdam-Kuala Lumpur crashes in #Ukraine near #Russia's border, carried 295 ppl, incl crew

In Donetsk region. Why???

Hope it's not true, but there is confirmation.:sad:

#8 ·
Airplanes are flying over conflict zones all the time. It should not normally be a problem. Missiles reaching those altitudes should only be in the hands of armies that should have the technology to avoid commercial aircraft.

#9 ·
uh oh shit is about to get very real...

poor malaysian airlines btw, I've flown with them many times and they are brilliant, now this??!

#10 ·
so it is basically certain that the plane was shot down, the rebels have a track record of doing this but surely not to planes at 33,000 feet? Do they have the tech to carry out this sort of attack, BBC reporters in the region are suggesting they do http://www.bbc.com/news/world-28354787

but then again could it have been the Ukraine government? seems very unlikely, maybe a mistake on their part?

As for planes flying over war zones this is pretty routine, I have flown over the Middle East a few times during troubles etc, international air corridors are widely respected, after all why would you shoot down a random passenger jet? its asking for trouble internationally.

Reactions: Mimi
#11 ·
Jesus.

Poor Malaysian airlines, the first one was a mistake, it happens, but now this? They may go out of business with bad press.

Hope this does not explode World War 3

#12 ·
time to fly on them! tickets will be cheap!

Reactions: Imperfect Angel
#15 ·
Fuck, I'm scheduled to flight over that same zone, though using a different route... Freaked out right now. Airlines are reporting that they're avoiding Ukrainian airspace, that's good news at least... :sad:

Horrible news, shouldn't be possible.

#17 ·
Plane crashed inside Ukraine.. Stop trying to use every accident to fit your agenda..

Rest In Peace those who died in this tragedy..

Reactions: Mimi
#22 ·

Wall of separatist's leader.

Left- one hour ago. Right- now.

"... hit AN-26
we warned them do not fly in our sky
here is the video to confirm another falling bird
civilians were not hurt"

He deleted that post.

ANYONE has questions who did that?

:sad::sad:
"if it misses, this is how it looked"

look closely, this is the BUK (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buk_missile_system) that could have targeted the aircraft

it was noticed this morning in that area

#23 ·
Flying over a war-zone?

Was the pilot/airline/or ukrainian gov't a thrill seeker or cynical manipulator for political purposes?

Darwin award or war-crime?

#25 ·
http://lifenews.ru/watch-live

They're showing some gruesome images on Russian TV. Also a guy at the crash site spreading out a lot of Dutch passports :sad:

#45 ·
- Airplane down

- Israel launches ground offensive on Gaza

- White House on lockdown after security threat

All at the same time.

#50 · (Edited)
So the news goes like this.

Ukraine blame separatists Russians.
Romania, Bulgaria and all pro-Western activities in the area of Balkan (including ex-Yu) and its media somehow think Su-25 from Russia is to blame, or Russian separatists or Russia.
First independent Russian media Interfax telling that Putin plane had similar path way. The time between them is 16:21 (Putin) 15:44 (MH-17). Similar size in plane.
Second thing noone said that colors of the plane are similar to almost any Russian one too. On that attitude , colors are indistinguishable only shape and size matters.
---------------

My opinion? Non for now. But I like to read comments here, some people mourn over this tragedy , some people openly prejudge, while some and open for discussion .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.