Mens Tennis Forums banner

Beijing the right choice for 2008 games?

3K views 108 replies 20 participants last post by  Lin Lin 
#1 ·
#57 · (Edited)
If human rights were considered a problem for choosing which country should host the Olimpic Games, not many could actually do it. Although the violation of human rights might be related with politics, countries and nations with the most diverse ideology don´t respect them. In fact, this kind of things really scares me :scared: ..... "Who is without sin, cast the first stone"
Don´t start pointing at countries/nations, etc, etc without showing the whole picture, it`s pretty unfair and innacurate. ;)

#59 ·
The truth is occidental companies (and goverments) saw in China a HUGE market. And actually many occidental companies colaborate with chinese goverment in censorship and they obviously take advantage of the chinese laboral laws, just to name 2 examples... As I already said, don´t start throwing stones if you`re a sinner. Olimpic Games is big bussiness too. The whole thing of "Terrible Human Rights" and "its a communist country, what do you expect" is what bothered me ;)

And I was replying to the whole thread not to anyone in particular ;)

#60 ·
lau said:
The truth is occidental companies (and goverments) saw in China a HUGE market. And actually many occidental companies colaborate with chinese goverment in censorship and they obviously take advantage of the chinese laboral laws, just to name 2 examples... As I already said, don´t start throwing stones if you`re a sinner. Olimpic Games is big bussiness too. The whole thing of "Terrible Human Rights" and "its a communist country, what do you expect" is what bothered me ;)

And I was replying to the whole thread not to anyone in particular ;)

Valid points...though obvious. The problem with some posters is they see what flag is next to my name and starting making judgments.

You were talking about the big picture, well you can't just attack China. But that at the end of the day was the topic so. Lets keep to that.

#61 · (Edited)
G O said:
Valid points...though obvious. The problem with some posters is they see what flag is next to my name and starting making judgments.

You were talking about the big picture, well you can't just attack China. But that at the end of the day was the topic so. Lets keep to that.
Keep attacking China??! :lol: So, this is not a thread for me. Bye :wavey:

#65 ·
The last thing..., those kids are obviously being abused, but I don´t agree with the "Beijing in not the right choice for 2008 Games" because the have "Terrible Human Rights" (Let`s bash China!!!). In that case, most countries that hosted (and will host) the Games shouldn´t have done it ;) And it`s not like China is on its own in HR violation... I don´t see many goverments complaining about it, only because it`s probably the biggest market. ;)

G O said:
Why not? You should try, it could be fun.
No, thanks.

#71 ·
its.like.that said:
ok jackass, if you can't read between the lines, I shall spell it out:

New York air is of a terrible quality, yet I'm sure you think NY deserved the 2012 Olympics.

:wavey:

No no Freakman. Your not getting away with that one. You need to stop getting your facts from your ass. There are about twelve us cities that rank before New York. AND considering it's size and importance to the world :p I would say it's one of the most clean. Everyone loves New York. :p

Have you heard the stats saying that China holds SIXTEEN of the worlds most polluted cities and that the average age for a street worker in Beijing is forty. :wavey:

#75 · (Edited)
G O said:
Have you heard the stats saying that China holds SIXTEEN of the worlds most polluted cities and that the average age for a street worker in Beijing is forty. :wavey:
You have the stats saying that China has got the biggest population in this whole world too ;) :p That might explain a lot too... Anyway, according to stats, China is not the country that produces the highest contamination per capita...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.