Mens Tennis Forums banner

Beijing the right choice for 2008 games?

3K views 108 replies 20 participants last post by  Lin Lin 
#1 ·
#28 ·
G O said:
Well if that "sometimes is the only way to make people do something" then I think they need to find something else to do or accept that maybe it's ok to finish second.

"This is the breeding ground of our Olympic heroes. They make us proud of being Chinese."

It's the quote above from one of the school officials that bugs me. To the Chinese it's all about pride and being a "hero". If you win sliver, you a loser in that culture. A little too much pressure I think.
ok champ, quiz time:

name me the guy who finished 2nd to Carl Lewis at all major international events in each discipline. ;)

And discipline is an essential component to achieving success in the sporting world. No matter what methods are used to uphold it, I don't see how it can be compared to murdering innocent people and sending young men to their death.

Can you?

#31 ·
its.like.that said:
:retard:

and your pretty little american drug users are in accordance with IOC rules?

hard training is not cheating, injecting yourself with artificial substances is - I'm speaking of Lance Armstrong, US womens' swimming team of past years, US athletics team, and so on and so forth.

There not my athletes....sorry. No they are not in accordance with IOC rules. You get another retard smilile :retard:

Did I say hard training is cheating :scratch: Injecting yourelf with artificial substances is cheating? Your talking about Lance? :scratch: I don't care. What's your point? They are all guilty if they are doping....ok? :lol: You get another retard smilie :retard:

#33 ·
well I think what its.like.that means, GO, is that the US shouldn't be able to host the olympics either if athletes or trainers there do things that don't go with the IOC rules...

just like you say with China :rolleyes:

#35 ·
its.like.that said:
ok champ, quiz time:

name me the guy who finished 2nd to Carl Lewis at all major international events in each discipline. ;)

And discipline is an essential component to achieving success in the sporting world. No matter what methods are used to uphold it, I don't see how it can be compared to murdering innocent people and sending young men to their death.

Can you?

:lol: dude your are a FREAK! :lol: What can I say to this shit. Its just :retard:

Wow this one's good. I don't think anyone is drawing comparisons to that here :lol: Wait a minute...I don't even know what your saying. Your killing me dude.... you gotta stop.

#36 ·
joske said:
well I think what its.like.that means, GO, is that the US shouldn't be able to host the olympics either if athletes or trainers there do things that don't go with the IOC rules...

well close.

I was saying that the US are in breach of human rights to a much greater extent than China. And that it is contradictory and ignorant at the same time for GO to say that China doesn't deserve the Olympics, while implying that the US does.

#37 ·
joske said:

First of all before you go :rolleyes: on me...you may want to conisder the tone of my posts. Perception is required.

I don't know if I want to say that a nation should be barred from hosting the olympics simply because of drug allegations. If we do that then we no nation could ever host the games. :rolleyes: atcha.

#38 ·
its.like.that said:
well close.

I was saying that the US are in breach of human rights to a much greater extent than China. And that it is contradictory and ignorant at the same time for GO to say that China doesn't deserve the Olympics, while implying that the US does.

Nowhere did I imply this. That's your freakish ways again.

#41 ·
GO, it's not only about the drug abuse.. human rights are violated in the US just as well as in China, only difference is the US govt has enough money & expertise to keep it a secret is all

#51 ·
its.like.that said:
I believe the common consensus is quite the contrary.

But hey, believe what you want.

:D

You want more?

Listen Freakman....I'm not disagreeing with you on anything....what are you angry about? :lol:

America and China are one and the same. Do you hear this? No he doesn't he's dug his whole and he's to proud to come crawing out. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.