Mens Tennis Forums banner

*0* Fans Pix *0*

17K views 321 replies 31 participants last post by  casillas_girl 
#1 ·
:) I think that's a good idea... if you don't mind to put your own pic here...so just do it... This is an album for us, just for us...you can put some pictures which with some tennis players, or your life pictures...enjoy here! :wavey: :wavey:

#103 ·
silverwhite said:
I hate football too!

It's funny, because I think we're like the only 2 guys here and both of us hate football. :lol:
you hate football too? :speakles: OMG!!!

Cindy... what are we going to do? :lol: we're football lovers! and don't worry, my mum hates it too, she always gets mad when I go to the stadium... football tournament starts next week here... I can't wait :D

#104 ·
i love football ;) :bigwave:

#105 ·
Aleksa's Laydee said:
i love football ;) :bigwave:
:bounce: yes!!! another football lover!

#106 ·
@DaNieLa; My mum hates football too. she gets mad when my father and i are cheer for the good goals. Yesterday, i was watching CHina football team against Korea, she nearly killed me! because i shouted loudly, and also my father did it too...maybe my mum needs a talk with your mother...haha

@Aleksa's Laydee!!! Michael Owen, my fav English player!!!

@silverwhite: omg, you are guy too?

#110 · (Edited)
I used to adore football now i just like it without following it very well.
That's kind of surprising that only the guys here hate it. I really like the game itself when it's well played it's a joy to watch (no weak European Championships like the French one... Only the four 'primadonas' (Spain's Liga, Italia's Serie A, Germany's Bundesliga and the English Premierleague...) and the few South American matches i can rarely watch on tv...)
But i hate what the atmoshpere around footbal is becoming with cheating, no more fair-play and even violence between supporters (and between players...), too much money involved, "mercenaries" players changing of clubs every season without any love for one jersey any more (so there are no "golden generations" or "dinasties" anymore with players who play in the same team for all their carreer, mark the team with their personal style, make the legend of a club etc...), it's rare to find a team with a true very caracterisitc game style anymore or at least as recognizable as some teams had before, there are stupid extreme political groups (often fascists or racists...) using football's popularity to get some attention with their "support" and "bad behaviour" in stadiums too...
Football is loosing its soul, victim of its own success and it's painful to watch the sport self-destruct basically but again when it's well played, that's just fantastic (i still prefer rugby...)! International competitions (WCs, Euros, CAN etc...) and the major clubs competitions still are great IMHO (the two CL, some matches of the UEFA Cup...) even if some years/seasons are to be forgotten because of how boring they were...
Why do Deflori and Silverwhite hate football?

#111 ·
I luv football as well :p

#112 ·
delsa said:
Why do Deflori and Silverwhite hate football?
I think it's a majorly overhyped sport. In Singapore, almost everyone is football crazy, and most of these people are bandwagon hoppers who join in just because many other people like the sport. It is crazy how much football overshadows the other sports. TV coverage, government subsidies, media attention are too focused on football, IMO, which is not justified since we haven't been producing any results in the sport. Badminton and table tennis, I can understand, since we've produced top 10 players there, but football... :tape: Basically, other more deserving sports like tennis are deprived by the focus on football.

I personally find the game very boring. Watching the players kicking the ball back and forth puts me to sleep. The only exciting moments are when goals are scored, which usually doesn't occur very often in a match.

#113 · (Edited)
silverwhite said:
I think it's a majorly overhyped sport. In Singapore, almost everyone is football crazy, and most of these people are bandwagon hoppers who join in just because many other people like the sport. It is crazy how much football overshadows the other sports. TV coverage, government subsidies, media attention are too focused on football, IMO, which is not justified since we haven't been producing any results in the sport. Badminton and table tennis, I can understand, since we've produced top 10 players there, but football... :tape: Basically, other more deserving sports like tennis are deprived by the focus on football.
I understand the situation and i agree that it can tend to overshadow other sports without being justified in some place. But it's not over poor Silverwhite... :p People like Sepp Blater are really happy about your fellow Asians behaviour towards football when many of them like it just because it's the 'world number one sport' and because it's therefore overhyped... They see $$$$$ in all of that and want the game's popularity to expand and expand even more... ;) (even if it means a kind of "destruction" of the sport in the end...God my English sucks past basic expressions...). That's why you see big European teams touring Asias getting welcome by teenage girls screaming, the same who are the first buyers of the very expensive European teams jerseys and all making a lot of their merchandising benefits etc...
They don't want it to stop here... ;) Sadly for you, the "invasion" will continue, it seems...

silverwhite said:
I personally find the game very boring. Watching the players kicking the ball back and forth puts me to sleep. The only exciting moments are when goals are scored, which usually doesn't occur very often in a match.
I know many ppl who think like you and there is no problem in not liking the game but really there is a lot more to football than kicking the ball back and forth and scoring goals...Except for someone who don't really know about it or didn't get the beauty there can be in it. It's partially true (and not even when i think again about it but well...never mind...) but it's like saying tennis is only about hitting a ball that an opponent behind a net hits back to you and make sure it stays in the limits of a rectangular field. It's partially true but there's a lot more to tennis than that and if we put it like this it shows we don't know about the game or are really blind to all its technicity etc... And football like tennis is a very technical sport which you can play professionaly only after practising it since childhood like tennis because you need to get as agile with your feet as if they were hands and bla bla bla...
Still i completely understand your opinion and i actually think exactly the same in front of a very bad match (then indeed only the goals are exciting and ...sometimes not even the goals...:lol: )!! But it's not because of football it's because of poor quality of play... :cool:

And i'm in overdose of football too because it's everywhere and it's getting "too much" but i still like it but watch only the "big" games...I don't have the time anyway (don't seems to be the case with the giant posts i'm posting lately but i'm on holidays and i'm bored for 2 hours a day... :eek: )

Sorry for the bad English and keeping being OT... :eek:

#114 · (Edited)
I do understand what you say.
Here in Argentina, football is everything (except for my mum, :lol: )
I hate violence, and there's a lot of insecurity, sometimes I'm afraid that something happens to me on the street just because when I go to the stadium with my brother, he always wears Boca clothing and we have to travel a lot to get to the stadium (it's just an hour, but we take a train, metro, and a bus), it's not safe to go walking with your favorite club clothing on, it seems really absurd, but that's the way things are, and those are the things I hate about football. But I really enjoy the game, to be watching the classic match here (Boca vs. River) there on the stadium... is great, you scream, you suffer, you sing, you jump, you hurt your leg... sometimes :lol:
But yes, there's a lot of bad things about football but there's also a lot of excitement about the game...
what can I say... I'm a football lover ;)

#115 ·
Football is really popular in China. As you know, China football national team play so bad. But people don't care about that. We don't care the ruslt. enjoy the match, that's the most important thing!

My mum hates football. She thinks when i'm watching a football match with my dad, i look like a boy not a girl. She really hates that. My dad is a big fans.

anyway, tennis and football is my life... :umbrella:

#117 ·
all of you are right. I agree, football tends to outshine all other kinds of sport (which are sometimes more interesting), and I feel a terrible lack of tennis on our TV here in Russia, while you can get football practically at each channel :eek:

delsa said:
And i'm in overdose of football too because it's everywhere and it's getting "too much" but i still like it but watch only the "big" games...
the same thing about me ;) if I watched all the football which is shown on TV, I would spend about 16 hours a day in front of the telly I believe :lol: But I never miss the "must-see" matches like ChampLeague play-offs, UEFA Cup's finals, Euro and World Cups (besides, often a European or World Championship is soooo terrificly organised that it becomes a real show, holiday for everyone, that's why I dream to go to such forum one day :D )

speking about football in general, I like it because I actually see the aim of 22 healthy men running all over the field and fighting for one small ball :lol: ( in our country, there's a joke, like, whats the point of this game? give 'em 22 balls, and everyone will be happy:lol: ) I like when players show their prof. skills, make accurate passes, score beautiful goals, show dribbling and fints... ahh I really admire the GAME itself and it's amazing to see really classy players, but most of my guy friends at first don't believe that a girl can understand football. they think I watch it only because of the players and the whole match I'm expecting the moment when they pull off their shirts of show some skin :devil: :lol: geeez, guys, we girls aren't like you! :p And I'm not guilty that most of the really classy players are also hot :devil:

#118 ·
I'm a Real Madrid fan too!!
I just love Iker Casillas!!!

#121 ·
girL_ said:
all of you are right. I agree, football tends to outshine all other kinds of sport (which are sometimes more interesting), and I feel a terrible lack of tennis on our TV here in Russia, while you can get football practically at each channel :eek:
Here in argentina we watch football a lot (of course), you can watch local football and almost all of the other important leagues, but there's a lot of others sports to watch, Last week I had on TV the 3 tennis tournaments of the week, I watched the 3 finals on sunday. I mean, even when here the most important sport is football, you can watch a lot of tennis too, we have a lot of tennis on TV. (and a lot of other sports too)

#122 ·
Atenea, lucky you are there in Argentina then! In Russia there's only ONE free sports channel! And the biggest attention is drawn to football there, of course. During AO and RG they've got a pretty full coverage (thanks at least for this :worship: ), but they weren't showing Wimbly this year :( We've also got cable tv, I believe 4 channels there: Football, just "Sports" and "Sports online". They showed Wimbly live on Sports Online. There's also Eurosport, but they hardly ever show tennis! I just dream that one day someone clever will create a Tennis channel :angel:

#123 ·
In england we get shown quite a bit of sport mainly the ones that involve us and also if you have SKY you have heaps and heaps of sports channels to watch what ya like but on normal tv it does lack tennis coverage (except Wimbledon which is like a big deal over here, prob cos its in england lol) and when football season begins on 13 aug, every weekend and some mid week footie coverage takes precedent (personally i dont mind), also most weekends we get like a sports grandstand coverage thingy in the afternoons

p.s. the thing with eurosport that annoys me is that when they do have coverage of Tennis touneys (other than the GS) its WTA

#126 ·
girL_ said:
Not where I'm from... I'd be glad of some soccer/football coverage. The only thing we get is the bigger matches of the Soccer world cup! NZ's very much a rugby nation so there is a lot of that. I'm not a huge rugby fan but I like the bigger international tournaments.

I can totally sympathise with lack of tennis coverage! :( The only thing we get on free-to-air is the last 3 days of a tournament that's played in Auckland mid-January and Wimbledon (and you get coverage of the other Slams and most of the Masters if you have Sky, I think). But I'd be all for a tennis channel!!! lol

Btw, Cindy19, loving your Andy shirts!!! Very cute!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.