Mens Tennis Forums banner

Is this new Batman movie really the best movie ever made?

5K views 126 replies 56 participants last post by  LeChuck 
#1 ·
I am not a huge batman fan at all. I did see the first 1989 batman movie, it was good. Anyway this new Bat Man movie The Dark Night..it seems to be EVERYWHERE. Even in my town its like sold out for weeks in advance. On IMBD.com and other sites its already voted the best movie ever made. Has anybody seen the movie? Is it really that good? Is it really Better than THE GodFather??? I dont like comic movies but i do like good movies. I am still having hard time making my mind about Dark Night. I wanna see whats the movie who has beaten down the Godfather :sad:

#2 ·
On IMBD.com and other sites its already voted the best movie ever made. Has anybody seen the movie? Is it really that good? Is it really Better than THE GodFather??? I dont like comic movies but i do like good movies. I am still having hard time making my mind about Dark Night. I wanna see whats the movie who has beaten down the Godfather :sad:
Just saw it, the best Batman movie by far, in my opinion :p

But this guy has to be fucking nuts to say that this one beats The Godfather :cuckoo:

#6 ·
I personally didn't think it was "like omg the best movie of all time" but it was okay. I thought it was better than "Batman Begins". And I know it's The DARK Knight, but a few splashes of humour here and there a la "Iron Man" couldn't have hurt. :) (Don't crucify me Batman fanboys!)

#11 ·
No way the greatest ever :lol:
It's just what is going on now gets all the hype..
I definitely recommend going to see it though, It's the best I've seen this year and Heath Ledger is brilliant...

#13 ·
I agree...the best film this year...and a revolutionary take on the superhero genre...it felt so real that you come away believing there could be a Batman or Joker...which is scary...but the hype is out of control...but remember, when so many films are overrated...Comparing this to Iron Man is like comparing Cotton Candy to a four-course dinner.

Not the best movie, per se, but could be one of the best superhero comic movie.

Bale is incredible, as always. But Ledger stole the show. All the hype about his performance as The Joker is truly justified. Couldn't think of a better word to describe his performance - amazing is such an understatement, imo. Just watch it to believe it. ;)
One of the most amazing villains in film history...the definitive take on the Joker...which is amazing for a character that has been around as long as he has.

#12 ·
Not the best movie, per se, but could be one of the best superhero comic movie.

Bale is incredible, as always. But Ledger stole the show. All the hype about his performance as The Joker is truly justified. Couldn't think of a better word to describe his performance - amazing is such an understatement, imo. Just watch it to believe it. ;)

#15 ·
Godfather overrated...um...okay:rolleyes:

#20 ·
Apart from the fact that I think Godfather deserves no°1, I feel that "one's favourite movies" are much more important than the movies you consider the best. There are several movies, which have no good score at imdb and are probably not seen by very many as their favourites, but which I totally adore, because they taught me sth. in life, because I can perfectly see myself reflected in one of the roles etc. If this is the case, even goofs don't matter, at least to me. :)

#21 ·
You are right. Many movies don't emerge in the mainstream because are indie movies or because they are not english movies. The studios decide which movies will get more or less attention it's up to us if we want to swallow only what they will give us or if we want to make a personal selection.

#24 ·
:worship:

No.1 ever is 'Citizen Cane'.

Goodfather 2 is great, but one of...along with 'Deer Hunter', 'Apocalipsa Now'...'Hours' is way better movie than 'Goodfsather 1,2,3' for example.

Hollywood :tape:

Reactions: The_Nadal_effect
#23 ·
It's a good movie but won't the likes of Godfather or Pulp Fiction. Due to the Ledger tragedy it might make it past the Billion $ mark at box office.

#25 ·
This is crazy.Everybody rating it has to be giving it either 9 or 10. But ten again that is IMDB and some surprising movies have made it to that list.

However I won't be shocked if Dark Knight ends up with more than a Billion Dollars at the box office. This weekend it already made 155 millions dollars in the USA alone. The directors owe this to Heath and his tragic death.

Attachments

Reactions: njorker
#26 ·
The Shawshank Redemption was number one on imdb for many years. I've seen it, not a bad film, a feel good movie but I can't understand why a shallow movie like that gets such high ratings. Massively overhyped.

I think the high rating for The Dark Knight reflects for a large part people paying respect to Heath Ledger -- by voting with a 10.

I give respect to Christopher Nolan though because I followed him ever since he created his debut film "Following" for 10,000 pounds.

#123 ·
The Shawshank Redemption was number one on imdb for many years. I've seen it, not a bad film, a feel good movie but I can't understand why a shallow movie like that gets such high ratings. Massively overhyped.

I think the high rating for The Dark Knight reflects for a large part people paying respect to Heath Ledger -- by voting with a 10.

I give respect to Christopher Nolan though because I followed him ever since he created his debut film "Following" for 10,000 pounds.
Feel good movie. :haha:

Dude, live in hell just for a month. Then say that!
***​

The Dark Knight is a nice movie. It didn't move me much or stir any special emotions like a lot of the posters here. Good for them, if it did. The thing I liked was that the movie was a little more realistic than what a comic book adaptation generally offers. Also, its a great American movie. One of the Hollywood greats. Not in the league of the world's best cinema ever.

:secret: Hate to say it...But its a bit like Rafa being spoken of as the greatest ever. :tape:

#28 ·
i don't get this. this is a comic book, for crying out loud. it's about a clown (!) and a surreal hero, dressed up like some freak, who face off in an imaginary world.

i mean, come on. this is the essence of comic books. it doesn't have anything to do with best-of-lists. those should be reserved for real movies with real stories. this one's for the best-of-comic-heros-lists, i give you that.

#30 ·
Batman isn't just a comic story. It's something that could happen for real with a playboy billionaire and a twisted criminal. Under Nolan, the stories look so real, heck even the batmobile looks like something you wouldn't be surprised to see on the street.

BTW, the Joker isn't just a clown, he is the benchmark of the Criminal mind at its best, with a slight touch of sadistic humour. The Ledger version is actually darker and more twisted than the Nicholson version.

#32 ·
Alone the fact that it is a "Batman" movie would be the wrong topic for me to qualify for something like the best movie.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.