Mens Tennis Forums banner

RIP Henry Chinaski loses battle with cystic fibrosis

42K views 266 replies 220 participants last post by  norwood_10 
#1 ·
Reactions: Ariadne and Litotes
#249 ·
I'm so saddened by this news. Haven't been on MTF for a while and never really got to interact with him, but death is always so sad and overwhelming, especially of one so young.

It reminds me to live every day as if it were my last (and very well could be).

Sleep sweetly, Stephen.

Reactions: Mimi
#254 ·
I only became a member of this forum in October of last year so I don't know much about him and I haven't seen many of his posts but it's still very sad to find out about someone's death. I actually found out about his death some time ago after reading the title of a thread on this forum (it probably was this one). It seems from looking at other people's posts in this thread that he was a good poster with some interesting thoughts about tennis. RIP Steve! :sad:

#256 ·
not trying to be rude but i propose an obituary forum tucked away somewhere away from the living...just my 2 cents.

#263 ·
One of the greatest posters - and indeed greatest people - to ever post on MTF. :sad: Damn, Stephen. RIP.

#264 ·
Was watching a hilariously bad Challenger doubles match and my thoughts returned to Henry. All the jokes, comments about tennis and non tennis stuff.

He was an outstanding writer when it came to tennis. The standard of tennis writing would be so much better if he were around and able to set the level unlike the dross we have today.

#265 ·
you have not been forgotten my friend

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.