Mens Tennis Forums banner

What Racquet do you use?

78K views 193 replies 122 participants last post by  Kowchi 
#1 ·
What Racquet do you use?? I have a Babolat Pure Drive 107. I love it. I have Babolat XCel Premium 17 on it too. What are you swinging on the courts

#96 ·
Can't remember if I've already posted in here. Wilson BLX 110. I'm happy with it so far.

#98 ·
There's lots of other racquets. Not sure what the question is :confused:

#99 ·
Currently Using: Wilson K Fierce FX
Head Size:
105 sq. in. / 677 sq. cm.
Length: 27.25 inches / 69 cm
Strung Weight: 9.9oz / 281g
Balance: 1 pts HL
Swingweight: 295
Stiffness: 53
Beam Width: 23mm/24mm/24mm/
Composition: 100% Karophite Black
Power Level: Medium-High
Swing Speed: Slow-Moderate
Grip Type: K Grip
String Pattern:
16 Mains / 19 Crosses
Mains skip: 7T, 9T, 7H, 9H
One Piece
No Shared Holes
String Tension: 53-63 pounds
In the process of transitioning to: Wilson BLX Pro Staff 100L
Head Size:
100 sq. in. / 645.16 sq. cm.
Length: 27.25in / 69.22cm
Strung Weight: 10.7oz / 303.34g
Balance: 3 pts HL
Swingweight: 304
Stiffness: 65
Beam Width: 19mm / 22mm / 21mm /
Composition: Basalt
Power Level: Medium
Stroke Style: Medium-Full
Swing Speed: Medium-Fast
Racquet Colors:
White/Red/Gold/Black
Grip Type: Wilson Pro Hybrid
String Pattern:
16 Mains / 18 Crosses
Mains skip: 7H 9H 7T 9T
One Piece
No Shared Holes
String Tension: 53-63 pounds

#102 ·
Has anyone ever played with the Babolat Pure Drive Lite & Babolat AeroPro Drive Plus 2013 if so can anyone give details about the Racquets on how good there are

#103 ·
I play with the 2010 BLX, strung at 53 lbs I think.

Next one will be the BLX Six.One 95 or a Yonex.

#127 ·
Same here. I have it strung at a rather low tension 58lb poly mains and multi crosses, so I really have to whip it hard/generate a lot of racquet head speed to get any kind of accuracy on my shots. Balls go all over the place if I block with this. Have to be aggressive with my volleys too. This racquet is meant to contact the ball while its moving. Its so light and maneuverable, I have a lot of fun really smacking the ball shot after shot, whipping it like Rafa. I can overwhelm a lot of my buddies with top spin alone.

If you are looking to buy this racquet, ask yourself whether you like smacking the ball like there's no tomorrow. If you do, you can't ever go wrong with this one. If you already have one, don't string it too tight, I have heard its very stiff and might start hurting your arm.

If you like hitting flat, or old-school, I would say there are better racquets for the job.

#115 ·
I played for a long time with Rossignol F250s until I used up all that I had. I spent a long time searching for a racquet I liked as much with no success. So I occasionally played with Wilson K Six.One Tours: hand-me-downs from my brother, I really liked the control and balance on this one - I could totally swing away and still keep everything inside the lines. After a long lay-off, I restarted with Head IG Speed Lites and enjoyed the power. If I timed my shots properly, I was able to blast back the rockets from my 4.5-5.0 buddies - they've even said "woah" a few times although I was still pretty consistently outclassed. When I got stronger, I switched to Head IG Speed 300s - less powerful and more heft to give me control and stability. I'm not sure I am totally into this model...might go back to the Six.One.

#116 · (Edited)
Wilson Pro Team BLX. i do have to admit I bought it without looking at any reviews, but it turned out to be an okay choice. I had the strings replaced to give me more control, being a rookie with only 1½ years of playing experience.

I might test a new racquet at some point but I'm in no great hurry, since in the end it's the court time that'll help me take the next step, not a new racquet.

#118 ·
head youtek ig prestige pro.
mains: ashaway kevlar 17 gauge @ 59lbs
crosses: babolat vs natural thermogut 15L gauge @ 55lbs