Mens Tennis Forums banner

WWW?

WWW Shanghai R1: Thomaz Bellucci vs Martin Klizan

3K views 47 replies 20 participants last post by  Ilovetheblues_86 
#1 · (Edited)
This one is juicy :drool: I'm not a fan of Bellucci but I sure as hell hope he wins. The bandwagon must be derailed, even if Lenders and J99 think it's not bandwagoning :lol: VAMOS THOMAZ!

#2 ·
Re: WWW Shanghai R1: Thomaz Bellucci vs Martin (Bandwagon) Klizan

I enjoy the derailment of bandwagons.

#3 ·
#5 ·

I don´t understand what kind of bandwagon is still hurting OP. Klizan reached second week at USO and won St.Petersburg. He made some fans and that´s it. They predicted him to be top 20 (top 10 is bit unreal atm) and that´s okay prediction - because guy is ranked 33. Can we just stop talking about Klizan with the word "bandwagon" and start taking him as a solid top 35-40 player who can go even further ??? Oh, yes, MTF and its useless posters .. :facepalm:

Well, to the topic - this is kind of a match I have been waiting for. Both guys play nearly same style and currently is Klizan higher in rankings than Belluci. Thomaz hasn´t played since DC, but they have met at last year Challenger Tour Finals - Belluci prevailed 3-6, 6-4, 7-6(7), but match was very tense and close.

If Klizan is full healthy (he had flu last week) I expect tough 3-setter with hopefully Martin pulling through.

Reactions: Pratik
#6 ·

I don´t understand what kind of bandwagon is still hurting OP. Klizan reached second week at USO and won St.Petersburg. He made some fans and that´s it. They predicted him to be top 20 (top 10 is bit unreal atm) and that´s okay prediction - because guy is ranked 33. Can we just stop talking about Klizan with the word "bandwagon" and start taking him as a solid top 35-40 player who can go even further ??? Oh, yes, MTF and its useless posters .. :facepalm:
It's not the bandwagoning in general that is bothering me, but rather the constant denial that people are bandwagoning Klizan. It's so obviously bandwagoning, and yet people still deny it :shrug:

#16 ·
Klizan in two. Even if I hope for a typical Bellucci match, where he wins when you most expect him to lose.

#20 ·
Or maybe, just maybe, we have analysed his game and understand he can be top 20.

Klizan had time to regroup, think he will take it in 2 sets as he is on a confidence run which should make the difference on some points, specially because Bellucci has a tendency to mug plenty of points he is ahead on.

#24 ·
I think Klizan takes this in 3, Bellucci has improved lately on HC, but i think Klizan is doing everything better than him atm.

#26 ·
Still not too sold on Klizan but one can tell the guy has the potential to maybe go places and keep climbing up the rankings. I've said many times here that there's too much hype around him but, truth to be said, he's backing it up with some very good results and play so, yes, credit to him.

With that said, even if Bellucci's form is not great atm, favouring him on this one so.. Vai Thomaz !! :cool:

#27 · (Edited)
OK draw for Klizan. Very similar styles, like almost identical. I like Bellucci also, but obviously Klizan is on top of my list. Klizan should be more consistent than Thomaz and in a better form now. Hopefully he is healthy. In that case I would believe he will make a good revenge for that Sao Paulo CH-final. I remember that match, Bellucci wasn´t a better player there but home crowd helped him a lot and he saved some matchpoints also. Time for the vengeance now and then hopefully another vengeance against Cilic. Gonna be tough but I can see that chance right here.

No comments on that stupid bandwagoning questions. Useless topic...

#29 ·
lol at this Bandwagon talks.

If someone gets good results and gets more fans or publictity, or evern talk about the good results it's a bandwagon. It doesn't matter if these people are real fans, the typ of fans who just cheer someone because of good reuslts, of just someone who hasn't seen the person before. Doesn't matter if the talk of the player is warrented by the player's game or not.

More fans = Bandwagon

More often then not the player then receeds and most people stop caring, leading to the typical idea of what bandwagoning is.

That will more than likely happen with Klizan too, only time will tell. All these "true fans" who love his game, will be asking Klizan who by the time the Australian Open gets here

Reactions: Freak3yman84
#34 ·
lol at this Bandwagon talks.

If someone gets good results and gets more fans or publictity, or evern talk about the good results it's a bandwagon. It doesn't matter if these people are real fans, the typ of fans who just cheer someone because of good reuslts, of just someone who hasn't seen the person before. Doesn't matter if the talk of the player is warrented by the player's game or not.

More fans = Bandwagon

More often then not the player then receeds and most people stop caring, leading to the typical idea of what bandwagoning is.

That will more than likely happen with Klizan too, only time will tell. All these "true fans" who love his game, will be asking Klizan who by the time the Australian Open gets here
Wrong, if that were true that would mean that every players fanbase is a bandwagon, which it's not obviously, a bandwagon fan is some one who supports a player only during a period of success, how many times. :eek: :banghead:

#48 ·
He's not mindless, actually when he is on he is one of the smartest players out there, bashing the ball and trying to keep in control of the game, since he cant play defensiveley against the best players or volley.
If he wasnt a basher he would be as ranked as Weintraub :D

#33 ·
You wouldn't like the game if the success wasn't there, chances are you wouldn't even have watched a match with him. You hadn't done so before he was winning by your own admission. But if you happened to see one and he was playing like crap, hitting all kinds of errors you wouldn't have liked his game. Hence you like he game because of the success.

When a player gets more fans because of success it's bandwagoning. If you watch a match of his live in a challener with no stream and he loses and you like his game then it's not bandwagoning. It's pretty simple really

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.