Mens Tennis Forums banner

Murray's constant swearing on court

13K views 153 replies 87 participants last post by  bari1991 
#1 ·
Just wondering is anybody bothered by this?

I can never get myself to really warm up to Andy Murray due to his constant on court swearing, it's not pleasant at all to watch.

I guess there are no ATP rules that forbids this?

#3 ·
So I give you can never like half the tour then.

#4 ·
thats not nice to see - but its not forbidden either.

#8 ·
Murray - Constant swearing, mug.
Rafa - Rosol bump, badeye / glaring at opponents, occasional swearing in Spanish, time wasting, gamesmanship
Nole - time wasting, gamesmanship
Federer - rare swearing USO'09 and AO'13, arrogance

Who's the worst?

The one you hate most.

#58 ·
Federer swears at people, there is a difference. :wavey:
Murray swears at himself, but no more than say Ferrer, who was screaming "Puta Madre" at every other error this most recent tournament.

#13 ·
No,he DOES swear more than everyone else and it's stupid not to admit it.It entertains me too,but I'm sure many people are offended and he should work on this issue.

#16 ·
A) He swears in English. More detectable for an global audience.

B) As a gold medal winning grand slam champion OBE, his matches are shown on TV more frequently than even other member of the top 10, let alone lower ranked players. He takes the flack for what most other players do just because he is better than them.

#17 ·
I love how picky people are with players' behaviour on court, especially if they dislike them. Nobody is going to act perfectly every time they step out on a tennis court and if they did, how boring would that be? It's just your everyday Scotsman releasing some steam... I find it bloody hilarious tbh...

#18 ·
I suppose he should be shouting stuff like "How could you do that old chap?!?" and "I say! How could that have been out???"...

Reactions: MariaV
#19 ·
How can you people not like it? Show's they want it not arrogance

#26 ·
I find it disgusting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.