Mens Tennis Forums banner

The Davis Cup final ...

9K views 258 replies 9 participants last post by  Lindsayfan 
#1 ·
Will be played on clay in Paris Bercy :)

I think clay is a good surface for the French players:)

Do you think Santoro will play the singles because he has a good record against Safin ??? ... i don't know :confused:

#2 ·
I don't know how many matches Clement has won or lost to Safin but yes I think Santoro playing Safin the Friday is a possibility, with Arnaud replacing him to play Kafelnikov on Sunday.
Grosjean would play the 2 other singles.

The doubles would be either Santoro/Llodra or Santoro/Pioline or maybe Escude/Clement, since they are regular partners on tour. Sontoro/Escude sounds more unlikely but who knows.

But it also depends who is going to be in form, playing the best in practice and if anybody gets injured, the choice will be reduced.

#3 ·
Head to head

Clement/Safin: 0/1 (0/0 on clay)
Clement/Kafelnikov: 3/4 (1/0 on clay)

Santoro/Safin: 6/1 :D (1/0 on clay)
Santoro/Kafelnikov: 0/6 :eek: (0/1 on clay)

Grosjean/Safin: 2/4 (1/1 on clay)
Grosjean/kafelnikov: 2/3 (0/1 on clay)

Just in case:
Escude/Safin: 3/1 (0/0 on clay)
Escude/Kafelnikov: 1/5 (1/0 on clay)

And let's not forget that the Russian team also has Youzhny.

#5 ·
about final: i would have chosen carpet cos Kafelnikov won RG and Safin played pretty good on clay this year.instead they never played good on carpet.
playing on clay,it means that grosjean and clement will play singles for sure,and maybe santoro will play a single match on sunday-i doubt he'll play on friday cos it would be too tiring for him playing single and double the day after.i dunno who'll be santoro's partner in double since pioline is almost retired and llodra played very bad last week. :rolleyes:

#6 ·
hey why did they choose bercy and not Marseilles? coz seb said before that him and arnaud wanted it to be in Marseilles..

#8 ·
Yes Lindsay fan, i'm new on this board :) and i'm French ;)

I don't know why they have choosen Paris to play the final...but the reason you mentioned is probably the right one, i think;)
Grosjean was born in Marseille ... it could have been great for him to play there:(

Hello to everybody :D

#9 ·
hi Indo,nice to meet you!where do u live in France?i went to Paris last week for Davis Cup semifinal.if u want,u can see my pics on thread called "Lindsayfan's DC pictures" :)

#11 ·
i live on Mount Everest,Himalaya :D no it's a joke,i live in Sicily,Italy in a town called Catania.i'm a big supporter of french team cos i really like french players,specially ur captain Guy Forget-he used to be my fave player when he was playing,now i like and support some players u can see in my signature.
talk u soon!

ALLEZ LA FRANCE,ALWAYS AND FOREVER! :)

#12 ·
Hi Lindsayfan:)

I've been once in Italia:D , i have visited Roma and the aera of Napoli and the Vesuvio ... i have some great memories from there :)

I like Guy Forget too...i don't have a lot of memories of him as a tennis player because i wasn't following tennis at that time...i'm a recent tennis fan (2000);)

The others players i like are Corretja, Ferrero, Blake, Roddick, Kuerten, Ivanisevic, Sampras,Gambill and of course the French players !!!
I've noticed that there isn't a lot of Italian players in the top 100 ... tell me if i'm wrong, perhaps i don't know them ;)

"See" you soon ;) :)

#13 ·
INDO:unfortunately there arent many italian players in top 100,cos in Italy tennis isnt really loved as in France.people here prefer football and Formula one.we have some good female players,but male we have only Sanguinetti in top 100. :sad:
so you are a very recent fan,i'm a tennis fan since 1991 (when France won Davis Cup ;) ) and like I said Guy was my fave male player,my fave female player is Lindsay Davenport and she'll always be the n.1 in my heart! :hearts:
btw..how old r u?r u male or female?i'm 23 and i'm female.ah..my real name is Valeria,urs?

sorry guys if we talk about personal things and not about tennis,but since no one except me and Indo writes here,we r talking a bit about ourselves ;)

#14 ·
hey u guys! hehe sorry but i think i'm going to butt in..
hi indo! welcome :D would you be able to post nething interviews or news that you hear in french newspapers or tv that other people probably wouldnt hear...like arnaud or seb interviews :p for example or you know like Tryphon quoted Tulasne before about how close arnaud and seb were--nething would be greatly appreciated :D thanks

#16 ·
Hi Lindsayfan and Esther :)

I introduce myself : I'm a 21 years old girl, my real name is Maud ;)
Yes i'm a recent tennis fan ;) i like Lindsay too but my favorite female player is Monica Seles :D

I'll try to post some nething for you and tell you all the news i hear in France ;)

Bye;)

#18 ·
Indo:we (me and Esther) always check FFT site and Yahoo.fr and Sport24 so if ur interviews are from these sites,we already know it :D we meant if you hear something on tv or if you read something in papers (like Tennis Magazine or L'equipe),please post them here!
do you have Msn messenger?if so,we could chat all together.if not,pls download it and chat with us! ;)

#19 ·
indo: yeah especially NEWSPAPERS...newspaper reports on players are usually really interesting...well did i mention i LOVE french (the language)? i've only been learning it for 2 1/2 years so i only know basics but yeah usuually i cant understand when i HEAR seb and arnaud speak coz they speak SOOOOOOOOO fast and its like all slurred together :( so if there's an audio interview i cant understand i coudl ask u to tell me what its about? :)
how did you get your nickname by the way?

lindsay fan (can i just call u valeria????): how did u know i went on those sites too? :)

#20 ·
Esther,u must call me Valeria...no,Vale is better! ;)
all fans of french players visit those sites so i thought u should know them,call it "telepathy" ;)

#23 ·
Valeria and Esther : ok, I’ve understood what you both want.
Unfortunately I can’t have MSN and I can’t chat because I’ll pay to much for the internet if do so.
I was surprised because yesterday I saw on TV Guy Forget making an advertisement for rusk:D.
I’ve a French magazine where there is the : Question and Answers game, like favourite animal, colour, car, number, singer, player, film, best/worst memories in tennis … …… : and of course these question are for French players, do you want me to post it ??? … it’s not really an article but it can be funny:D

Esther : There is a French pop/rock group called “Indochine” and I like their songs very much so I choose the first part of the name as a nickname:D

#25 ·
i've cn that questionaire for arnaud but no one else. who else do they have?
do you know nethign interesting about arnaud and seb's relationship hehe?

#26 ·
France vs Romania first round next year then if they win switzerland/netherlands then they could play australia in the semis....:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.