Mens Tennis Forums banner

Rotterdam R2 Dimitrov def. Devydenko 7-5 6-3

7K views 94 replies 61 participants last post by  Allez 
#1 ·
Well done,Champ! Grigor In Form Dimitrov :worship: Lets dream :angel:

#6 ·
Good display from Grigor:yeah: Only if he could play like this everytime...

#7 ·
Good play by Grisha, I hope he can keeps it up

#9 ·
Very good serving, smart returning, consistent play, few errors, good amount of winners. Not quite the display in Brisbane, but great to see from Dimi.

#12 ·
Possibly Grigor's best match ever, or tide with the Troicki win in Basel.

When he serves this well (75% 1st in and 90% of them won with 10 aces, no BPs against, 2/2 in favor, etc.) and plays this level he's barely playable even for the high level players.

The conclusion comes by itself - hopefully he can produce this level more often.

Now i'll be cheering for Baghy, Rich is a dark horse..

#13 ·
Kolya has no self-confidence, made too many errors. For one game there in the second, Dimitrov didn't make one first serve and Denko still couldn't capitalize. Really poor stuff.

Grigor player fairly well. He's still pretty slow when forced to defend though.

#20 ·
most of posters dont watch the match, only the score :rolleyes:

#23 ·
You're right.

Dimi served well and hit some good winners, but to be honest... if this is his best level, I see nothing in him that indicates he can be a great force in the future. He tries to give a Federer like impression but he is much slower and doesn't have Roger's natural touch or forehand (or serve for that matter). Sorry Dimifans.

Reactions: emotion
#81 ·
Verdasco, Nishikori, Lopez and Bellucci better forehands - not. Has equal forehand with the others aside from Federer and Nadal I guess. Watch some matches of his and you'll find out.
:silly: :haha: :superlol: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

#85 ·
:silly: :haha: :superlol: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid:
I am a fan of both of these guys, I wish that they didnt have to play against each other because one had to lose.

However, Dimitrov has a massive forehand. Certainly better than Belucci, Nishikori, Verdasco(Gone to shit nowadays) or Lopez but not as good as Federer or Del Potro yet any way. As for Davydenko, he just hasnt got the extra zip on his ground strokes like he used to.

#19 ·
Amazing, Grisha! Please, keep the same level of play in the next round!

#29 ·
yep and a bag of FH winners and a few BH winners, and very few mistakes from that wing...aside these - little else.

..errrm, there IS nothing else, he did it all :rolleyes:

it's funny how the semi-haters (not you, i don't think you are one, i think you just misjudged this game by lack of watching those two in the past) sneak around and try to invent stuff like the absolutely ridiculous "he's slow when forced to defend.." and "if this is his best, then he's not going to do much.." just :lol:

To dictate a game on fast indoors against the player taking the ball as early as Denko does - you need to be fast and precise.

That's what Dimi was, garnished with an exceptional serving display (against arguably a top 10 best returner ever) and a pinch of fabulous drop shots added to his malicious slicing.

The kind of scorelines Fed was getting in his best years owning Nikolai.

Haters gonna hate, but that's just as expected.

Tomic was bad and rusty and Denko self destructed. OK :)

#28 ·
Well he was #40 for a few weeks, but moved to #41 this week, so he already made his debut in Top 40. Next up - Top 30 :)

#36 ·
Dimitrov will probably peak about 25-27. The age of which guys have their best results has got older and older lately due to the physical nature of the game.

But this is a good sign for him because I think the Grand Slam door will be easier for him to unlock then than if he peaked now. Same for B-Nard.

#37 ·
Another good victory for Dimitrov this week. Now faces another tough bone but not impossible to win it in order to reach SF (winner of Gasquet / Baghdatis)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.