Mens Tennis Forums banner

Thomaz Bellucci cheering thread

133K views 1K replies 70 participants last post by  Mae 
#1 ·
#1,230 ·
Where has he been the past couple months, what's he out with and how serious is it?

#1,250 ·
To people who have watched him recently, is he getting back to his normal level? Are there signs that he can/will be back to ATP level (say top70)? What are his plans for the future? By looking at results only it doesn't look like he's anywhere near coming back.

#1,251 ·
I was at the stadium on his first round match against Gianluca Mager at the Sopot Open Challenger two weeks ago. He opened up with a great hold and went up 1-0 40-0 on the Italian's serve and I was like "wow, Bellucci is gonna defeat this guy and get back to the top 100", but then he suddenly didn't get a ball back in play until the end of the game, lost it, lost the set and the match 4-6, 2-6 playing total crap.

Personally, I don't think he's ever coming back, but we're talking of a guy with immense talent. A few years ago I made a statement that it wouldn't surprise me if he won RG at some point of his career, provided that he peaked for the whole two weeks (his recent results make this a very funny opinion).

Mariusz Fyrstenberg, tournament director of the Sopot Challenger said in an interview that Bellucci was his pick to reach the final and that he is the most talented player in the draw (and that's saying something because there were, for example, Robredo, Gimeno-Traver, De Bakker and Lorenzi) but after watching his match against Mager, Fyrstenberg said that in his opinion it's a matter of confidence and that Thomaz lacked the decisiveness to step in into the court and finish the points. He also mentioned that he talked about it with Andre Sa, fellow former doubles player and currently Bellucci's coach and Sa agreed that the loss against Mager was due to lack of confidence.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.