Mens Tennis Forums banner

Marcelo "CH1NO" R1OS Thread!!!!!!

50K views 242 replies 35 participants last post by  Chilenaitor 
#1 ·
Cheering thread for the inimatable MARCELO RIOS!

I hope you get back to your best and YES you do have fans!

Go Rios:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

#239 · (Edited)
Oh well, at least they were happy with it (I wasn't, thought it was quite poorly researched and written, but it's still better than nothing).
Thanks for that, Jenrios.

It was a different sort of book, and Rios isn't known for co-operating with authors. It's not a straight-forward bio. And being as I'm quoted in it, I'm delighted with it:)

Thanks for the links - the house looks bloody awful! LOL!

#240 ·
This made me laugh!

Laura Robson's new agent has said that the 19 year old left-handed British teenager reminds him of former men's world no. 1 Marcelo Rios, also a left-hander.

Max Eisenbud, who also manages Maria Sharapova and Li Na, comments in an interview to The Independent, "I think she's a special girl on and off the court. That's a hard combination to find. I've been lucky to find a couple [Maria Sharapova and Li Na]. I just love watching her play.

"Tennis-wise – I hate to put this label on her – I see her as the female Rios. It's fun to watch. Players like her don't come along often so I was really, really fortunate to be able to sign her. I'm very happy. I think she's a very real girl. She's not fake. I think what you see is what you get. She's refreshing. She's one of those girls that everybody wants to be friends with."

"Even though the UK is such a big and strong market, I think if she continues to play well and stays healthy she could definitely become a global star. I think it's no secret that if she plays great tennis, with her charisma, personality and looks, it's obvious that she can be very big. But she has a lot of work to do. All that is on the back burner for now. We just have to let her focus and play."

#242 ·
Aw, I want to see him with a raquet in his hand! Thanks for posting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.