Mens Tennis Forums banner

« Ricardo Mello Cheering Thread »

15K views 88 replies 23 participants last post by  Ilovetheblues_86 
#1 · (Edited)
Ricardo Mello from Brazil def. A. Peya 6-4, 6-4 :D at Shanghai!
Well done, Ricardo «Deyray Beach Champion»!! :wavey: :worship:

See less See more
#78 ·
#80 ·
#81 ·
Last week I went to a small challenger in Ettlingen, Germany, where Ricardo played. For my luck he was scheduled on Tuesday so late, that I could watch his first round Singles match, when he beat Adrian Garcia. The weather was so cold, it was horrible :bolt: . Then there arrived additional to that a hailstorm. After that it was still colder......:bolt: :bolt: In the end I told Ricardo: "Vamos Ricardo! Estou fria!" (C'mon Ricardo! I'm freezing!) And what happened? Five minutes later Ricardo finished that match. :lol: I got to know him as a quiet, reserved guy, but very comfortable to talk to. And he's patient too (at least off the courts). Poor guy, he was the first Brazilian I talked to in Portuguese (I tried to at least :eek:) I think I wasn't really successful with that...

#86 ·
Ricardo Mello finishes the 2009 season as #154 (singles), 55 spots better than one year ago. He will play the Challengers of São Paulo and Bucaramanga and then qualies of ATP Santiago. He is the defending champion of São Paulo CH. He married lawyer Julia Cavalcanti de Albuquerque few days ago.

#87 ·
Time to rejuvenate this thread. Ricardo is back in the top 100! He defended his Sao Paolo championship, made the semifinals of Costa, qualified for both Indian Wells and Miami and won a round at Indian Wells, and made the final of the Curitiba challenger. He's at #92 on the entry rank now. This guy who was in the top 50 as a youngster is back and doing business as a 29 year old now.

(5) Garcia-Lopez vs Malisse
(WC) Tavares vs Mello
Qualifier vs Qualifier
Bye vs (3/WC) Monfils

He is playing in Estoril this week, and that is his section. Good opportunity for a win at an ATP stop. Hopefully he has a good week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.