Status
Not open for further replies.

The mega spam chat thread - Rafachat Vol. 76

174K views 5K replies 46 participants last post by  tennizen 
#1 · (Edited)
OK here it is. :) Have fun! :wavey:

#3,945 ·
Re: The frosty chat thread - Rafachat Vol. 76

Half of that Isner-Mahut time wasn't wasted on someone picking his arse or the other endlessly bouncing the ball. Really, what casual fan can be turned on by that? That final could have gone either way, granted, but the quality of tennis was average and the time wasting was way over the top.

#3,947 ·

Half of that Isner-Mahut time wasn't wasted on someone picking his arse or the other endlessly bouncing the ball. Really, what casual fan can be turned on by that? That final could have gone either way, granted, but the quality of tennis was average and the time wasting was way over the top.
I know Andreea will throw me out of my own thread but I do agree with you here, a 6-hour final is ridiculous, not "epic". :eek: Doesn't matter what Fedgod and other greats say.

tennis existed before the current period and think it will die once Fed, Nadal and Djokovic retire.
Did it really? :eek: :speakles: Of course it will die. :sad: :bigcry:

#3,946 ·

JM stirring the ladies, hahaha. Well what can you expect some people don't believe tennis existed before the current period and think it will die once Fed, Nadal and Djokovic retire.

#3,948 ·

The fact of the matter is that both matches were a physical and mental test more than one of technical beauty and variety.
I remember watching both men afterwards (because they showed them walking away on the BBC) and those two men could hardly stand. They needed help carrying their bags.

But some of the posters who hailed those men as heroes are the same posters who are bashing those who appreciated the AO final.

In that Isner-Mahut thread, you can see many posters lecturing posters who criticised this match because it was technically not a high quality match, because it lacked variety, because a tennis match shouldn't be like a marathon. No, the physical and mental endurance both men showed made it epic, they lectured.

Many of those posters have a similar sort of tunnel vision they accuse others of having.

tennis existed before the current period and think it will die once Fed, Nadal and Djokovic retire.
No kidding. :rolleyes:

#3,949 ·

Maria, you Finn I actually wasn't referring to anyone in this thread, cause there are other players like Safin, Nalbandian, Corretja, Hewitt, Skoff, Zabaleta that are/were appreciated from the people that post in here.

#3,951 ·

Maria, you Finn I actually wasn't referring to anyone in this thread, cause there are other players like Safin, Nalbandian, Corretja, Hewitt, Skoff, Zabaleta that are/were appreciated from the people that post in here.
I was kidding AJ (and also not referring to people in this thread but those GM clowns), I wanted to troll too! :awww: Like JM! :p
I know you didn't mean us.

#3,950 ·

You're bored Hilde and JM trolled you, just like good times.

#3,953 · (Edited)

You're bored Hilde and JM trolled you, just like good times.
Doesn't change the fact that the entire debate about it on MTF contains quite a bit of hypocrisy and contradictions. :shrug:

Posters with extreme tunnel vision who hail one match for endurance, for going on for days (let alone 6 hours), for the physical performance shown,... are using the AO final as an example that tennis is in a wrong place at the moment because tennis finals that last 6 hours are ridiculous. Tennis shouldn't be a marathon after all.

It's not as if most tennis matches last that long. As far as I can remember, there have always been the odd long match now and again.
To say that this one is ridiculous and to stay quiet on other long matches or even applauding them, THAT's ludicrous.

And for the record: I'm not defending the AO final as one of the best ever matches. I agree that quality wise, there have been better matches. But it isn't that bad either. There's a lot of overreaction going on.

#3,952 ·

Btw AJ, Nalby's :)inlove:) looks are NOT appreciated by most people in this thread! :sad: :( :bigcry:

Ooops, and even Safin's, I must add. :eek: :bolt:

And if you want to be serious you know I wouldn't fangirl them if it wasn't for their tennis. Safin and Nalby I mean.

#3,954 ·

Btw AJ, Nalby's :)inlove:) looks are NOT appreciated by most people in this thread! :sad: :( :bigcry:

Ooops, and even Safin's, I must add. :eek: :bolt:

And if you want to be serious you know I wouldn't fangirl them if it wasn't for their tennis. Safin and Nalby I mean.
Metis posts here, she likes Nalbandian. It's not even about looks with my original post. There are enough long term fans in here, not to get sucked in with shitty trends or overreactions.

Hilde, as for hypocrisy. Isner/Mahut wasn't a great match, neither was this. It all depends on what you prefer or who you support as to whether it's good or not, considering there is no such thing as objectivity.

#3,958 ·

There is nothing to compare between that Isner-Mahut and the AO final. Apples and oranges. Isner-Mahut entered the History books. That AO final was nothing but a waste of time for the fans.
Well, the AO final is praised as "epic", isn't it! :p :ras: And I agree with you all this is :bs: even if coming from Courier or Fedgod or anyone else. :eek: But that's just my opinion obviously. I guess many people enjoyed the 6-hour final so who am I to judge. :eek:
Actually what I REALLY hate is is those money-makers TDs & Co who think this is great for tennis etc. :(

#3,957 ·

Hilde and JM show is always the best one.

#3,963 ·

I wont bother to answer to haters or their fangirls. My opinion and taste are my own and not likely to change, not in the least by a bunch of condescending know-better's :zzz:

One thing I'll say: the idea that I adjust my tastes and opinions to accommodate the players I like is ludicrous if not sexist at best :stupid:

I like players like nadal, ferrer, murray, hewitt, etc.... Do you sense a pattern here? i like them because they play the kind of tennis I enjoy not the other way around.

i always disliked fast players or ballbashers and i avoid to watch them even today :yawn:

And isner-mahut was a borefest of the highest order, the quality was crap at best. Of course the match is legendary, and rightly so and I became involved myself in it the longer it went. But that had nothing to do with the quality of the tennis which, imo was very poor :shrug:

And i'm still pissed mahut lost :mad:

#3,964 ·

:lol: Andreea.

I’m a little different. I admire all different kinds of players and styles of playing. Of course, I’ve always leaned toward the clay courters and the guys who excelled at a physical contest giving it their all. But, one of my first tennis loves was Arthur Ashe who at the time qualified as a ball basher I guess. :lol: At least, he took criticism for not mixing it up. But, all was forgiven after he beat Jimmy at Wimbledon. It’s still a great match to watch.

I agree with your main premise that women’s opinions about sports are dismissed, and maybe it’s because women view sport a bit differently than men. (Just speaking in general, here, your wilderness, in case you are reading :p ) Or maybe it more because those men who dismiss women’s opinions about sport dismiss their opinions in general. I’ve not quite decided.

For me, I think there are a lot of things that make a tennis match interesting. Sometimes a match between rather evenly matched players that see-saws back and forth is a lot of fun. I had a great time at the Harrison v. Raonic match at IW. It wasn’t tennis of the highest order, but it was exciting and the crowd was into it. A good sporting event, imo. The same goes for the Mahut v. Isner match. It was the intangibles that made it mesmerizing. I probably would have felt more let down had Mahut won, but I came away with great respect for him.

#3,965 ·

:wavey:

which jackass did you have in mind when you were talking about the guys who dismiss women's opinion on sports tend to dismiss their opinion in general,starplus? is it the same jackass i'm thinking of? :D

wedding was awesome. stomach issues, not so awesome. i've officially become one of those NRIs :sobbing:

#3,969 ·

hi all:)
wilde :awww: hope u are ok and enjoying yr holiday:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.