Mens Tennis Forums banner

~* Chat World *~

60K views 2K replies 43 participants last post by  Mae 
#1 ·
So... I thought it might be nice to have a thread where we can just talk about everything and anything ;)

If anyone has a suggestion for a cool title... please let me know! I suck at making up titles :lol:

So... chat away! :yeah:

Reactions: Chrissie_7
#469 ·
Have fun, Birte, and I can't wait to read all about your trip!

Rosie - same here. I won't get any live tennis until October as well. And as I posted in the Nando-Board, my mom said yesterday, I might not be going in the end (which is totally ridiculous, she just should realize that I am old enough and can make my own decisions, thankyouverymuch). :rolleyes: Long story ... :rolleyes:

#471 ·
Yes I am :) I have all the holiday arranged from work now, and have already booked the Hotel :) So barring illness/accidents etc I will be there :) How about you?

Learning2Fly - hope you can get something sorted out :hug:

#475 ·
How I wish I could go there too and meet you all girls ... But I'm starting to doubt it!!! :confused:

Unless I find a full-time summer job for two whole months ... And there are still available tickets near the Masters (which I'm sure it's almost impossible :sad: ) I won't see Tommy play Live again!!! :tears:

#473 ·
I think I'll book my hotel and my flights either tonight or tomorrow morning. I am determined to go there and NO ONE will stop me. I had another talk to my mom and she agreed that she was pushing things a bit too far for now. :)

And, I will buy some flags off eBay before going to Madrid. :D I want to make a Tommy-flag to cheer him on. :)

#476 ·
Great to see that things are being solved sweetie!!! :hug:

Hope you can indeed go to Madrid and have the time of your life there!!! :kiss: :kiss:

#482 ·
That's true. From what I read, Tommy is really nice towards his fans, so I guess he'll be very happy to see us supporting him with flags and shirts. :)
I so can't wait until October!! Waaaah! And once there, the time will fly by so fast and it's over again ... :sad:

#483 ·
Yes indeed it's true! And he is one of those players that grabs on to his fans support to play even better and go far!!! That gives him more motivation!!! ;)

#485 ·
:lol: I'm the same, but when someone start I'll join right in.

Sometimes I wonder if it's not distracting to the players, people screaming their name when they're supposed to be concentrating... I'd like to ask someone that once. Or maybe just ask him before the match "How would you like your support today? Loud, crazy and lots of foghorns or silently confident with just some applause?"

#486 ·
Ok, I'm here, hands up girls, cuz I might not see him live again before next RG :sad: Well, I'm leaving for the Netherlands for 5 months in September, and seems like I'm gonna miss Bercy, so it'll have to be next RG :( The thought of it makes me sad...

#487 ·
Poor dear! I know the feeling!!! :hug:

I'm doubting I'll be able to see Tommy Live again in the near future ... If indeed again!!! I'm stuck here at this country!!! So unless he comes back next year to Estoril Open (If the tournament is to be played :p) I won't see Tommy for sure!!! :tears:

#495 ·
STUTTGART I'M COMING!!! :woohoo: :rocker2:

I just ordered my ticket for Wednesday.

Now, please cross your fingers that:
a) Tommy won't suffer another first round exit
b) the weather will be nice (as in: not too hot and not too wet)
c) the German railway will be kind and won't be on strike then

It's gonna be the silliest, craziest and most chaotic thing I've ever done in my life, but hello, the Chicos are worth it!

#498 ·
:wavey: :wavey:

I am back from Båstad and, of course, this is the first place I wanted to post in after the holidays ;) I am not in the best mood right now, cos Tommy just lost to Monfils, but anyway, I want to write a short report about the few days I saw Tommy in Båstad!

After I have read through all the pages earlier today I was very sad I couldn´t read these sweet words from you all in Båstad :hug: :hug:

Okay, here you go: I arrived in Båstad on friday, but as it was only raining that day, I didn´t go to the venue, but went a bit shopping that day.
When I went to the tennis on saturday I discovered directly Tommy practicing with ToJo. They had really fun and it seemed they are getting along very well :) Unfortunately it then started to rain more heavily again and they stopped practicing.

On sunday morning Tommy was practicing with Carlos on Center Court and Carlos was complaining a bit, cos there was the opening ceremony later that day and they were already playing music a little bit louder and he didn´t like that at all. But Tommy seemed to enjoy it, he was even using his racket as a guitar at a few occasions, very sweet :inlove:
Later the day they had a little ceremony on the Center Court and I was not expecting so much, but then suddenly Tommy, Mariano Zabaleta, Robin Söderling and Thomas Johansson entered the court and they were all playing with kids. It was very nice and I think Tommy enjoyed it a lot, but as they were only playing one tie-break, the "matches" were often quite fast :(

On the monday Tommy practiced with Gilles Simon around lunch time and then there was the match against Horna. I don´t know why, but I really had a very bad feeling before the match and was already so nervous hours before. I must say that Horna really played good tennis and there was not so much Tommy could do! Horna was playing with so much power and very aggressive, that he forced Tommy to make mistakes :sad:
After the match Horna said in the interview that this was one of the best matches he has played this year :devil: Ahhh, why do other players always have to play their best matches against Tommy just in my favourite tournaments??? :confused:

After I had also left the court, I saw Tommy under the Center Court (it is difficult to explain, but there is a little tunnel where the players have to go through to the locker room) and even if he was so disappointed, he signed something for a little girl and made a picture with her. That was really so sweet and so typical Tommy :hug: :hug:
I did not want to bother him after this defeat cos I never go to players when they have lost and I hoped he would be there the next day anyway.
Unfortunately I did not see him on tuesday and honestly the week was pretty much over for me after Tommys loss :sad: I was so sad and tried to enjoy the other matches of favourites I like, but it was really, really difficult, cos I like Tommy so much!

Anyway, all together it was a great week, but with many wrong results and quite bad weather :sad: At least I was happy about the ending, cos I was so hoping David would win and he did :) That was really great and as I also like him, I really enjoyed seeing him win :)

Of course I have taken "some" pictures, but as usual they need to be developped first, so I hope to have them on wednesday or thursday.

#499 ·
Kiwi, have so much fun in Stuttgart :hug:

#500 ·
Thank you for your report, Birte! :hug: Take your time with the pics, though!

I know how you feel right now - I am not in the best mood as well. I was so hoping that he'd kick Monfils's ass, but alas, it didn't happen. :sad:
Hopefully, some other Armada Chicos will have more luck (or already had, see Nando), so I'll get to see them. :p

#501 ·
:wavey: Thanks for your wonderful report Birte!!! :hug: Hope you at least enjoyed your time there and had fun!!! :D

Too bad Tommy couldn't go far there ... As well as in Stuttgart! But I'm sure he will get himself on the winning track soon enough!!! :)

No need to worry about your photos ... We'll patiently wait for them!!! ;)

#502 ·
Kiwi, how was Stuttgart?

I am so waiting for your report to hear how it was :bounce: :bounce: :hug:

#503 ·
:wavey: Me too :hug:

I hope that despite Tommy wasn't there playing no more at least you had a great day and lots of fun ... And it was all worth it!!! ;)

#504 ·
Well, I wish I could tell you some funny stories and some successful chico hunting, but well, my dad acted like a prick on Tuesday evening and one thing led to another (I do not wish to go into details, but he really hurt me!) so I didn't go in the end. I still feel totally bad about it and I absolutely regret not to have gone, but it wasn't meant to be, I think.

I now have to wait till Madrid to have some fun again ... ;)

#506 ·
Kiwi, I am so sorry to hear that :hug: :hug:

Sometimes parents can be a real pain, I remember also many, many discussions with my mother when I wanted to go somewhere to the tennis a few years ago :mad:

#508 ·
:wavey:

Just wanted to say bye for the next 2 weeks. I will be in Kitzbuehel for a few days and then on holidays in Italy :bounce:

Have a great time everyone :hug: :hug:

@ Fátima: Thanks a lot for your very sweet Mail and I will try my very best ;) :hug:

#519 ·
Whoa, the past couple of days were full of ups and downs. My dog Harley was acting weird (he refused eating his treats the dogs get after their afternoon walk and other things), so dad took him to the vet. He's got arthrosis and has to take pills now for the next three weeks. And you know what? My little boy is doing better! :)

I have found a new therapist. After the desaster at my old therapist, I am happy that after a long search I seem to have found a better one now. :)

And I have problems to walk properly - one of my toenails is a bit ingrown, the area around it is red and inflamed and of course it hurts quite a bit. I'll have to go to a chiropodist soon to have taken care of it. Unfortunately, the lady that usually does it is on vacation at the moment, so I have to wait for a couple of days. Yay. :rolleyes:

#521 ·
Thanks for the hug! :hug:

Yeah, to console myself, I started working on a Tommy Robredo moodtheme for my LiveJournal. I have a Rafa Moodtheme (a moodtheme identifies the mood you are in while you are writing your entry, and I made my own moodtheme last year, because the LJ ones usually are boring) at the moment, but I figured I wanted a Tommy one. 24 are done, 110 approximately to be finished.
I have tons of great pics, but on most of them there is a watermark where I don't need it. :mad: Ah well ... it's fun!

#523 ·
I had a terrible day at work!!! :(

When I was getting to work ... They didn't let me go to work ... Because I was wearing sandals!!! :/

I had to wait almost 1 hour for an authorization ... Which never came, because in the meantime a colleague borrowed me a pair of shoes!!! Why didn't they told us that when we signed the contract!!! :p

#524 ·
I am sorry to hear that, dear. :hug:

Anyway, my Tommy-moodtheme is growing. Still roughly 100 moods to complete, but I am having a ton of fun browsing through all my pics (most of them saved on two CD-Rs already, the good news is that I have two harddrives, so I can switch between the discs without havint to take them out in between :devil: ) and looking for the right ones.

If you want to take a peek:

Here is my LiveJournal (it's locked, but the moodtheme will be where it shows the little Rafa-pic and where it reads "okay"):

http://kiwirazzi.livejournal.com/

and here is the new moodtheme so far:

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/SkydivingKiwi/TommyMoodtheme/

I couldn't help myself with the "flirty" one ... :devil: :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.