15K views 162 replies 29 participants last post by  Baghdatis#1 
#1 · (Edited)
Marin Cilic@ 2010 ATPTOUR … Madrid R3 vs Ferrer

Let's start 2010 from here :angel:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: Marin Cilic@ 2010 ATPTOUR … AO next

Interesting draw for Marin. In the first round he faces Santoro, who deserves respect, but Marin should still beat him. Second round wildcard Tomic or a qualifier, also very beatable for a player like Marin, third round probably the same match as Chennai final, against Wawrinka, so Marin beat him a week ago, why wouldn't he do it again? 4th round Del Potro... Last year at the USO Marin was winning and then just stopped, hopefully he won't do it again, and he wins this time, it would get him to QF where he'd face Roddick/Berdych/Gonzalez, they're all players Marin can beat but it would already be great if he gets there. I don't want to even talk about what would happen if he gets further.
To sum it up, I expect a very good tournament for Marin, IMO he reaches 4th round at least. :D

#4 ·
Re: Marin Cilic@ 2010 ATPTOUR … AO next

@Deathless Mortal: kinda agreed with you :D for me, much depends on his mental work, like how to control himself and keep the good balls for sets :p

so first, Marin, go to the court with Del Potro :rocker:

#7 ·
Re: Marin Cilic@ 2010 ATPTOUR … AO R1 vs Santoro

Straight sets, could have been easier, but who cares. Tomić next.

#8 ·
Re: Marin Cilic@ 2010 ATPTOUR … AO R1 vs Santoro

what Marin should do on court needs better, to be frank, kinda struggled from time to time, Tomic will get huge home supports without any doubt today, so Marin needs to show something determined enough to get the head up, Ajmo !! :rocker:

D3.. Rod Laver Arena.. night part.. 2nd match..

#9 ·
Re: Marin Cilic@ 2010 ATPTOUR … AO R2 vs Tomic

Have Henin and Dementieva finshed their match, I'm eager to see Marin. The SB is stuck on 7:6 in the TB for the ladies forver and the streams seem gone. Come on, give us the boys :rocker2:

#10 ·

They are on and Marin is up a break from the get go :bounce:

#11 ·

Marin is playing disastrous and lacking any real aggression in his game :help: I thought those pushing tendencies in the Santoro match were due to Fab's peculiar style, which can disrupt the best of them, but he's doing it again on Tomić floating shots that have none of that spin on them. Play your game goddamnit, it's not as if he's making fewer UEs with this pushing style anyway :fiery:

#13 ·

OMG.. finally, finally he passed it, hardly controlled my breath :p

No doubt I have much more confidence than the past years on Marin, while still became kinda confused, from the court, his balls.. whether he met something different, such as.. changing his racket or trying new ball-hitting or anything else??

I would rather thought Marin still needs to learn how to adjust the conditions all around... but, honestly, first from himself :angel:

take care, Marin, ready for the next :rocker:

#14 ·

All I can say is thank goodness this is over.

Hope for a good match with Stan for a change.

#17 ·
Re: Marin Cilic@ 2010 ATPTOUR … AO R3 vs Wawrinka

Q. Were you surprised that Cilic was taken to five sets last night?

LLEYTON HEWITT: Yeah, I didn't see any of the match. It's hard to explain. Cilic is, yeah, a very good player. I think a little bit when he's expected to win he doesn't quite play as well as ‑‑ you know, when he had to play a guy like Murray and that at the US Open, Murray and Del Potro, he had very little pressure on him.

Yeah, still, for Bernard to go out there and take ‑‑ Cilic is a quality player. Absolutely.
Some remarks by Hewitt on Cilic

#18 ·

Thanks you Mr Hewitt. Here's to showing that quality tomorrow and we'll get an awesome match vs Stan the Man :p

#19 ·

Started off with a lot of errors, but I'm pleased how he weathered it and raised his game as the match went on. Congrats and good luck against pony :bigclap:

#23 ·
Re: Marin Cilic@ 2010 ATPTOUR … AO R4 vs Del Potro

Today, so far, Marin looked like that his shoulders had so much huge burden :rolleyes: his hands didnt listen to his brain, or his heart was shaking :eek:

Anyway, Marin, keep it up, dont hesitate, win is still better than loss :p

#25 ·

:wavey: Hey, guys, didn't realize you were commenting here. Fifth set, I'm exhausted just watching. Ajmo Marin, focus and keep on pressing :yeah:

#26 ·

Del Potro is much more knowing how to take advance :p Marin is too frank accordingly, just didnt know how to make some hiddens to disturb the other. Well, that is his character, it always goes to someone himself, while if you want to win in the end, you must firmly do something worthy instead of waiting for it :cool:

Hei, Ajmo Marin!! bps again...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.