Mens Tennis Forums banner

2009 Australian season thread

23K views 852 replies 40 participants last post by  Eimear O'Mahony 
#1 · (Edited)
Allez hop hop hop, Ikimasho !!!

Sydney main draw is out.

Novak DJOKOVIC [SRB/1/WC] - Bye
Andreas SEPPI (ITA) vs Paul-Henri MATHIEU (FRA)
Mario ANCIC (CRO) vs Qualifié
Jurgen MELZER (AUT) vs Tommy ROBREDO [ESP/7]

Jo-Wilfried TSONGA [FRA/3] - Bye
Simone BOLELLI (ITA) vs Rainer SCHUETTLER (GER)
Jarkko NIEMINEN (FIN) vs Feliciano LOPEZ (ESP)
Chris GUCCIONE (AUS/WC) vs Tomas BERDYCH [CZE/6]

Mardy FISH [USA/8] vs Janko TIPSAREVIC (SRB)
Julien BENNETTEAU (FRA) vs Lleyton HEWITT (AUS/WC)
Qualifié vs Michael LLODRA (FRA)
David NALBANDIAN [ARG/4] - Bye

Igor ANDREEV [RUS/5] vs Qualifié
Qualifié vs Radek STEPANEK (CZE)
Dmitry TURSUNOV (RUS) vs Richard GASQUET (FRA)
Gilles SIMON [FRA/2] - Bye

:music: If not for Djokovic's last minute WC, Gilles would be first seed!

See less See more
#48 ·
Re: Australian Open series 2009

There's nothing ridiculous in merging threads on the same topic, it happens all the time, you said yourself you started a new thread because you hadn't seen Natsume's thread? Look at soulage who didn't know where to post his/her stuff with two identical threads.

I don't get the problem, TBH, but if it's for v-cash purposes, just start other threads (I can change the pictures thread in a "2008 pictures thread", for example, and you start a thread for the "2009 pictures" or whatever).

#49 ·

Ditto.

Yavor, You already know it but I'll say it again : you agreed to the MTF policies (including the fact that same topic threads are bound to get merged) upon registration. This is a basic rule everyone has to comply with. Nothing more nothing less. If you can't no more agree with that, there's nothing else I can say.

Since you said you won't be posting anymore, I guess we have no choice but to deal with it. -_-

#50 ·

Yavor don't be silly, you can't stop posting just because your thread was merged!
If you're not back posting soon I will use my proven witchy powers on you! Look what's happened to Dimitry and Richie! :devil:

Can anyone hazard a guess at what time their match might start? Are they playing in the night session Nat?

#51 ·

The later the better! ^_^

there's no night session scheduled today :sad: so their match should start before 7.30PM local time.
It might be a good idea to lurk from time to time into Richie's forum to be more specific; I probably won't be on here late tonight though, I have to be up early tomorrow (for a change! >_<)

#55 ·

Yavor,I miss you,what am I/we going to do without some colour in our lives?:awww::hug:

Yavor:hug::hug: Come back:awww:

#59 ·

:lol: agreed!

Well Lauren, I got up but there's no working livestream and the match is about to start...
Sydney livestream has been weird so far:p
Hope there's some REALLY long rallies :lol: And at least a couple of tiebreak sets :devil:
I'm sure you do;):p

#60 · (Edited)

I think the ATDHE stream might not start till tomorrow (I hope anyway!) Bet365 was meant to have it but there's nothing on their site. And Justin TV has - finally - let me down :sad: Anyways, hope your boy wins!
7-6 6-7 7-6 (64-62):devil:

edit - tiebreak in the first set :devil:

I have to go to work now, hope Gillou's match is earlier tomorrow!

#67 ·

Anyways, hope your boy wins!
7-6 6-7 7-6 (64-62):devil:

edit - tiebreak in the first set :devil:

I have to go to work now, hope Gillou's match is earlier tomorrow!
64-62! :lol: who knows what might have happened, had you not go to work. haha.

Please tell me there are cameras on that court :sobbing: I don't want to miss the first Gillou/Richard of the year.
It's hard enough to find streamings when they are playing on center court. Even if there were cameras on C1, chances are it will make no difference for us here.. :sad:

#62 ·

Well its Gilles vs Richard tomorrow afternoon on court 1. Should be a good match :)
:):) get some tissues ready. :p and if I have opened my mouth too much, send them back to me. ;)

#64 ·

I can't believe they're putting the second seed and the winner of Sydney's doubles tournament last year on court 1 :mad: I understand they want Hewitt to get full support on center court but still...
Please tell me there are cameras on that court :sobbing: I don't want to miss the first Gillou/Richard of the year.

I hope you have an awesome time, Olympus :hug: try to cheer in French ^^

#69 ·

:sad: I think I will just sleep through it then, and wait for good news in the morning :)
Lauren a big :hug: for you for the stressful match between two favs :wavey:
Thank you:hug: I think I'll try to sleep through it too since livescoring is not fun at all:ras: BOO! I really wanted to watch this one:mad:

#72 ·

I was doing OK with my prediction before I had to leave for work!!!! :lol:
It might have been for the best that you left. Getting Gasquet play a 64-62 tie break would have burned all the magic power of Scotland and beyond! :lol:

btw, I almost forgot : congrats Lauren for your win! Ted, if you get around :hug:

I didn't checked in Richard's forum but did someone actually find a streaming for his match yesterday or was it SB for all?

#77 ·

No streams for the match :( I still can't find any for Court 1 tomorrow either :(
Are you searching through myP2P links? mines (Sopcast & TVAnts) are useless for the moment. Hopefully it's because it's still too early.. :unsure:

#79 ·

It happened the last 2 nights actually (I tried to watch Ancic the night before)...at least the last 2 ATP matches of the day (and none of the WTA matches) had livestream. I don't know if that will change later in the week.
In the later stages of the tournament, things might improve with usually better coverage from the media. Let's hope Gilles goes that far! :D

#81 ·

It frustrates me to no end when there are streams available through the betting sites, and I can't watch them because I'm in the US:eek:
I've read in GM that there are tricks to pretend your computer is located elsewhere in the world. Also read that most if not all betting sites are no more free. :(

#88 ·

good luck, Gilles!

(if you lose to Gasquetcase, I'll never forgive you :p)
:lol: That's quite a comeback.
And I see some Gasquetaires are already getting cocky and gloating in advance in the other player forums because of the incredible run their boy is on. :p
So please, Gilles, don't let us down, get your act together against Ritchie this time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.