Mens Tennis Forums banner

Aisam Ul Haq Qureshi thread

123K views 2K replies 35 participants last post by  ImmzB 
#1 ·
your opinion to pakistani players :)

#411 ·
Good tournament for Qureshi & Amritraj!!

3rd set was key as Qureshi & Amritraj had a Set Point in the 12th game but didnt take it and then from their it was all Bhupathi & Knowles.

There was 7 minute pause when it was 2-0 to Bhup & Knowles any-1 know why?

Hope 2 see Qureshi & Amritraj in further tournaments!

#412 ·
Qureshi will next be in action in the Davis Cup against the Philippines next week on Friday! After that he will probaly play some Challengers in Brazil!

I will update about Qureshi's Schedule!

#413 · (Edited)
Hope Qureshi is on the Entry List for the Challenger Manta, Ecuador which starts on the 20th of July it is an Hard Court tournament and then after that he could play 2 Brazilian Challenger back 2 back in Belo-Horizonte (27th July) & Campos Do Jordao (3rd August) There is another Brazilian Challenger after Campos Do Jordao which starts on the 10th of August which is Brasilia-2, Qureshi could also play that but I think 4 Weeks in a row playing could be a bit tiring so if he does play in Brasilia-2 he should not go to Manta, Ecuador.

Qureshi did play in Belo-Horizonte & Campos Do Jordao so he has to defend a Quarter-Final & a Semi-Final!

Then after that I doubt Qureshi will play any more tournaments a week before the US Open Qualifiers.
US Open Qualifiers start on the 25h of August.

#414 ·
Bad luck Aisam. :sad:
But it was good tournament for him. Because got some confidence and prise money.
If Aisam play Manta Challenger, could be fine. :rolleyes:
Keep it up that way.

#415 · (Edited)
Qureshi is on the Doubles Entry List for the ATP tournament in Bastad he is being partnered by James CERRETANI.

It starts on the 13th of July, straight after the Davis Cup Tie.

Week 28- Sweedish Open

#417 ·
That's so :eek: for me, Aisam play on the clay court. :eek:

#421 ·
A.U.H.Qureshi's Schedule:

10-07-09: Davis Cup. Pakistan v Philippines. (Indoor Clay)

13-07-09: Catella Swedish Open. Doubles- Partners James CERRETANI. (Clay)

#423 ·
LONDON: Prakash Amritraj and Aisamul Haq Qureshi are hoping a rankings boost will allow them to form a full-time partnership after they bowed out of Wimbledon on Monday.

In only their third tournament together, the Indo-Pak duo proved to be a handful for fourth seeds Mark Knowles and Mahesh Bhupathi before they went down 6-4 5-7 7-6 6-0 in the third round.

Thanks to their run to the last 16, Amritraj’s ranking is likely to jump up meaning he will be able to enter the same tournaments as Pakistan’s Qureshi.

‘I’m glad we had these two weeks as a team. I think we should take this partnership forward and we’re definitely a team to be reckoned with,’ the 25-year-old Indian Amritraj told Reuters.

Going into Wimbledon Qureshi was ranked 85 with Amritraj at 145, and on the back of the past fortnight the Pakistani said his partner would get close to the top 100.

‘I’m very proud of him,’ said Qureshi, who will use the positive energy of Wimbledon when he flies to the Philippines next month for a zonal Davis Cup tie.

‘I’ve gained a lot of confidence over these last two weeks,’ the 29-year-old added. —Reuters

#426 ·
Good information. Now Aisam find full time partner. That's very important for play doubles.
Best of luck lads, hopefuly great run at the final Grand Slam US Open.

#429 ·
Saturday, July 04, 2009
By Khalid Hussain

KARACHI: Pakistan are hoping their tennis ace Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi will capitalise on the positive energy from an impressive Wimbledon campaign to inspire them in a tough zonal Davis Cup tie against the Philippines in Manila next week.

Aisam teamed up with India’s Prakash Amritraj to reach the third round of the men’s doubles in Wimbledon before going down fighting against fourth seeds Mark Knowles and Mahesh Bhupathi 6-4, 5-7, 7-6, 6-0.

He will now spearhead Pakistan’s campaign in their clash against the Philippines in the Davis Cup Asia Oceania Group-II second round to be played at the Philippine Columbian Association (PCA) tennis courts in Manila from July 10-12.

“Aisam’s good form in the Wimbledon is great news for us,” said Rashid Malik, Pakistan’s non-playing captain. “He is a very good and experienced player and we are confident that he would click in our crucial Davis Cup tie here next week,” he added from Manila.

Pakistan received a setback much ahead of the Davis Cup tie when the International Tennis Federation (ITF) shifted the match from Lahore to Manila because of security apprehensions. They were planning to host the tie on grass in Lahore but will now have to play it on clay in hot and humid Manila.

Malik said that Pakistan’s were unlucky that they were deprived of their home advantage but was quick to add that his players have put that blow behind them and are now looking forward to giving their best against the Philippines.

“We have been working hard for this tie and the players are getting ready for a winning performance in it,” said Malik, a former Pakistan number one.

Pakistan will be relying heavily on Aisam and Aqeel Khan — the duo that took them to the World Group Playoffs in 2005. Aqeel’s younger brothers Jalil and Yasir complete the four-man squad.

Meanwhile, the hosts have decided to field an unchanged team against Pakistan in the best-of-five encounter. Local officials believe their boys have an edge over Pakistan in the tie.

“We are at home and we are playing on clay, which is what the players want,” said Randy Villanueva, Philippine Lawn Tennis Association (Philta) Davis Cup coordinator.

Cecil Mamiit, Treat Conrad Huey, Francis Casey Alcantara and Patrick John Tierro, who led Philippines to a first round win over Hong Kong in March, were retained by the hosts.

The 32-year-old Mamiit won two singles and one doubles matches in the rain-marred tie against Hong Kong.

Huey, 23, is in his second tie for the Philippines. He was 1-1 against Hong Kongóhe lost his singles assignment but teamed up with Mamiit for the doubles victory.

The 17-year-old Alcantara, who made an early exit in the singles and doubles competition of the Wimbledon juniors tournament, eyes another fruitful stint after winning his first Davis Cup match against Hong Kong.

Tierro, who secured a Davis Cup slot during the Metro Open tennis championship in February, will also provide stability to the team.

Mamiit is back home after making it to the quarter-finals of a Malaysian International Tennis Federation (ITF) tournament.

Pakistan reached Manila on Thursday after spending a week in Malaysia where they were sent by the Pakistan Tennis Federation (PTF) to train for the Davis Cup assignment.

#430 ·
Qureshi's 1st round Qualifer against Lipsky is due to start very soon.

The SB is not showing the point by point, its just showing the Name of the 2 players and then it goes and then when the match is finishes they show the result

#432 ·
I'm so surprise Aisam play Newport qualy. That's what I'm wanted !!!
Hopefuly through to the qualy and then win the title here.
Impossible is nothing. It's not high ATP tournament. So Aisam can do it !!!!!

Oops what about Davis Cup ? If Aisam great run at Newport.

#437 ·
Bad luck Aisam. Be careful and be strong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.