Mens Tennis Forums banner

Michael Ryderstedt Cheering Thread

41K views 323 replies 28 participants last post by  cristalmeister 
#1 ·
This is a thread for the up and coming swede Michael Ryderstedt. What a week this promising young swede had in stockholm...hes shown the world what he can do and i'm sure he'll have an even better year in 2005 :yeah:

In stockhom:
Swedish wild card Michael Ryderstedt upset fifth seed Feliciano Lopez 6-4 6-7(4) 6-3. The 19-year-old Ryderstedt, who is playing his first career ATP event, fought off two break points early in the first set, then got a break to go up 5-4 and then won the set on his serve. Each player had two breaks in the second set, forcing the tie-break that Lopez prevailed in. Ryderstedt got an early break in the third, then held off several break points in a marathon game while serving at 3-1, before coming away with the win.

WHAT THE PLAYERS SAID:
Ryderstedt:
“I have not understood that I have done so well, it's hard to say how this is going to end. I am shocked, surprised and happy. To be able to follow up one of the wins of my career yesterday and play the match of my life today is fantastic.”

“I didn't think that much, I just went out there and played. I am usually more nervous but today I just thought about the next point.

Then he went into the semis where he faced joachim johansson....

Swedish wild card Michael Ryderstedt, playing in his first career ATP tournament, advanced to the semifinals when No. 2 Joachim Johansson retired with a virus. The 19-year-old Ryderstedt lost the first set 6-3 and was serving at 5-3 when Johansson stopped playing.

Ryderstedt: “I'm not used to it but try to enjoy the attention, especially when I'm out there on the court playing. I have dreamt about being on the court instead of being a spectator as I've been the last couple of years. I've had three surprising wins here. The feeling after the match is completely different when someone retires. There weren't any long rallies so I couldn't tell that he wasn't feeling well.”

Then in the semis he faced fellow swede Thomas Johansson....
The older Swede ousted countryman Michael Ryderstedt 6-3, 6-2 to move a step closer to his second title in the Swedish capital.

Here is some information about him:

Birthdate: 11/12/1984

2004 HIGHLIGHTS
Singles Winner: Iran F1, Iran F2, Denmark F3 Finalist: Finland F2 Semifinalist: Stockholm, Bukhara Quarterfinalist: Tehran, Samarkand, Japan F3, Korea F1 Doubles Finalist: Japan F3(w/Nielsen), Valladolid(w/Qureshi)

Singles Record: 3 - 1

Current ATP Ranking: 168
:eek: :clap2:

See less See more
#286 ·
Good match at least he wont going to lose any point

#290 ·
great so far!

#297 ·
plays a british guy in singles and then together with ervin in doubles! slabinsky is singles opponent..not easy..

#298 ·
out in doubles

but in singles QF
now again vs De Scheeper, and this guy is so strong at the moment..only ranked 450..but playing like 200...

#300 ·
sad that he allways loses to him...

#306 ·
lost in 3 tough sets....maybe even had MP in 2nd set tiebreaker..lost this 7-9,..so i do not know...sad loss...this was so close:eek::confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.