Good day for the Brits! Oh and go Filip! Horrible draw tho.
(1) Jamie Baker (GBR) d. (Q) Giorgos Siapatis (GRE) 6-1 6-0
(6) Filip Peliwo (CAN) d. (Q) Filipos Papachristopoulos (GRE) 6-2 6-2
(3) Theodoros Angelinos (GRE) d. Nick Lindahl (AUS) 7-5 6-4
(5) Richard Gabb (GBR) d. (Q) Jordan Ubiergo (FRA) 6-3 6-3
Tucker Vorster (RSA) d. Alexios Halebian (USA) 7-5 6-7 7-6
(4) Colin Ebelthite (AUS) d. (Q) Ilias Giannakakis (GRE) 6-1 6-2
(7) David Rice (GBR) d. (WC) Nikolaos Kokkotas (GRE) 6-3 6-2
(2) Josh Goodall (GBR) d. Bar Tzuf Botzer (ISR) 6-1 3-6 7-5
(1) Jamie Baker (GBR) vs. (6) Filip Peliwo (CAN)
(3) Theodoros Angelinos (GRE) vs. (5) Richard Gabb (GBR)
Tucker Vorster (RSA) vs. (4) Colin Ebelthite (AUS)
(7) David Rice (GBR) vs. (2) Josh Goodall (GBR)
Not surprised to see Peliwo beat Baker. Jamie has been in awful form for months and appears to be struggling with an on off injury. As for the next round, Gabb is a very solid player with a good attitude but lacks the weapons to challenge good players.
As for Goodall, he should do himself a favour and retire.
He has played 13 tournaments this year and has been the top seed 11 times and second seed twice. He has just 41 points to show for it and has had a number of laughable defeats. Over the next 10 weeks he defends 96 points (nearly two thirds of his total) so unless he turns things round his ranking is going to plummet. Money is also a problem, you can't make ends meet on the futures tour and he is extremely unlikely to get a Wimbledon wild card this year to help him out on that front.