Mens Tennis Forums banner

2010 season

6K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  jole 
#1 ·
Not many news about Dominik recently,

but here's one at last :

he will not go to Australia but he's in the alternate-list in Johannesburg and Zagreb right after the Australian Open ;)

#4 ·
Dominator unfortunately has not had the bounce back season from last years average results that was hoped. He has only advanced past the second round in two events this season, and his ranking has plummeted to 189 with a drop out of the top 200 possible in the next weeks coming up. He's on a 5 match losing streak as well.

His next scheduled events are the Bordeaux challenger and RG qualifying. Hopefully he can have a boost in results soon, and that the struggles he is facing on the challenger tour now will be worth it in the future!

#5 ·
Thanks for the post!

I must confess I have not been keeping up with things like I have in the past, but I am hoping somehow the stars can align and maybe I'll see him at US Open somehow! My hometown, Atlanta, is finally getting an event back in July as well (hard court as opposed to the normal green clay), but not sure what the odds are of Dominik playing in those quallies. We'll see though!

#6 ·
Your welcome :)

You can probably see him at the US Open, for qualifying. That's if he doesn't retire or isn't injured, of course. I thought he would have made a push into the top 100 this season and be in the main draw for the US Open but he's gone backwards this season. Hopefully he makes the main draw through qualifying and we can all see him, or at least see his name in a grand slam draw again.

I'm almost 100% sure he wouldn't come to America to play on the summer hard court stretch, there are challengers with easier draws in Europe he would likely prefer. But you never know, it would definitely be nice to have him here in the states, maybe he can go deep and I can see him on TV!

#7 ·
I talked to Lukas Lacko this week and asked about how Dominik was doing. He said he's feeling physically so-so but is just really careful about the amount of events he plays now and of course prefers staying in Europe. We couldn't talk long at all unfortunately otherwise I would have tried to get more info. Obviously he hasn't played since the Wimbledon qualies, so maybe he'll play in the USO qualies like you mentioned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.