Mens Tennis Forums banner

Atlanta 2R: Malisse def. Marchenko 6-3 6-3

810 views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  sheva07 
#1 ·
Well done Xavier

Not really sure what happened in the match...the clock said 2:02 which is a bit insane for a 6-3 6-3. There were quite a few breaks it seemed, some long pauses. That being said, it said the first 6 games took about 47 minutes :lol:

#4 ·
There was a long delay when Malisse led 3-1* in the first set. Maybe injury treatment although I am not sure for whom.

#6 ·
Livescores behaviour was very strange. It's difficult to judge without videostream :( Ricky Dimon, tennis writer presented on the match has written: "Malisse took a medical then i left. He must have taken 20 medicals for a 3 and 3 match to last more than 2 hours" (see http://twitter.com/RD_Tennistalk). Really the match lasted only 1(one) hour. Today Marchenko serve was absent practically, perhaps due to his old problem with right shoulder...

#8 ·
I got there early in the second set and Marchenko took a long medical timeout for heat exhaustion type stuff. Not sure about what happened in the first set, but from above sounds like Xavier may have taken a medical timeout also.

#10 ·
It was a closer match in reality than the score indicated. Xavier is more experienced and won most of the clutch points. I had never seen Marchenko and it was nice to see him. After his "heat exhaustion" timeout he played a horrendous game and got broken and looked like he was going to fade hardcore, but from there on out he picked it up and was pounding his strokes ... the only issue was Xavier was already up a set and a break and he loved the pace Ilya was bringing. Ilya plays with passion though and has nice strokes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.