Suicide Tennis Suggestion/Discussion Thread - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-28-2015, 12:19 AM   #106
country flag BMT360

BMT360 has a reputation beyond reputeBMT360 has a reputation beyond reputeBMT360 has a reputation beyond reputeBMT360 has a reputation beyond reputeBMT360 has a reputation beyond reputeBMT360 has a reputation beyond reputeBMT360 has a reputation beyond reputeBMT360 has a reputation beyond reputeBMT360 has a reputation beyond reputeBMT360 has a reputation beyond reputeBMT360 has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking about this..... If someone has only one possible pick left for the final, and they forget to post their pick, do you give them their last possible pick?

For example,

Player 1: Duckworth, Janowicz, Del Potro, Berdych, Federer,

These are made up picks through day 5. The final is Djokovic vs Federer on Day 6, Player 1 doesn't post a pick, and their only possible pick is Djokovic. Does the manager give this player Djokovic for day 6 even though he didn't post it?

I am trying to be clear.
Tennis Tipping Titles: Rank: Singles: 113 (High: 112) Doubles: 152 (High: 151)
Singles: W: Cali CH '14, F: Tashkent CH '14, F: Mohammedia CH '14
Doubles: W: Cherbourg CH '14 w/ Thunderfish8, F: Noumea '14 w/ Thunderfish8, W: New Delhi CH '15 w/ Thunderfish8
BMT360 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2015, 12:25 AM   #107
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suicide Tennis Suggestion/Discussion Thread

^ I don't think so, it's pretty much the same as any other round where there are players to pick and if you don't pick a player you are out, it's not up to the manager to make a pick for a player.

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Players I quite like are: Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Wawrinka, Tsonga, Ferrer, Haas, Cilic, Kohlschreiber, Bautista Agut, plus others, my favourite surface is clay, but firstly just the game itself.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 07:08 AM   #108
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMT360 View Post
I was thinking about this..... If someone has only one possible pick left for the final, and they forget to post their pick, do you give them their last possible pick?

For example,

Player 1: Duckworth, Janowicz, Del Potro, Berdych, Federer,

These are made up picks through day 5. The final is Djokovic vs Federer on Day 6, Player 1 doesn't post a pick, and their only possible pick is Djokovic. Does the manager give this player Djokovic for day 6 even though he didn't post it?

I am trying to be clear.

No, the player has to post his pick for the day in the thread. This is the same for every day where he was only one possible pick left. He could have used three of the semifinalists earlier and so the 4th looks like an automatic pick the 2nd last day, but it still has to be made in the thread.

It is allowed to make it early, though. Like if you're away for the weekend you can deliver picks for the final three days in the same post and hope everything goes according to plan.
vBookie net amount won: 34080 (2015: + 2910, 2014: +24475, 2013: +6795, 2012: -100)
TT singles rank 58 (high 58), Titles: Memphis 2015.... TT doubles rank 41 (high 41). Titles: Quito 2015 (w/scarecrows)
Detailed Tennis Tipping and DTT results

Member of Tennis Tipping board and Suicide Tennis board
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 11:16 PM   #109
country flag ali(aliyatsu)

ali(aliyatsu) has a reputation beyond reputeali(aliyatsu) has a reputation beyond reputeali(aliyatsu) has a reputation beyond reputeali(aliyatsu) has a reputation beyond reputeali(aliyatsu) has a reputation beyond reputeali(aliyatsu) has a reputation beyond reputeali(aliyatsu) has a reputation beyond reputeali(aliyatsu) has a reputation beyond reputeali(aliyatsu) has a reputation beyond reputeali(aliyatsu) has a reputation beyond reputeali(aliyatsu) has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, board!

I am a new participant and picked ESTRELLA BURGOS. Now that my pick was lost, may I continue to pick for Day2 following "OOPs Tuesday"? Or I am to retire?

Thanks for your advice.
ali(aliyatsu) is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 11:28 PM   #110
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliyatsu View Post
Hi, board!

I am a new participant and picked ESTRELLA BURGOS. Now that my pick was lost, may I continue to pick for Day2 following "OOPs Tuesday"? Or I am to retire?

Thanks for your advice.
I'm not from the board, but this is such a simple question I see myself fit to answer it

When the player you picks loses, you're out of the tournament, that's the whole point of the game. You can try again next week in Monte Carlo and in subsequent weeks. These 250 events are always tricky especially in the first few days, don't get too discouraged; even the top ranked players have their fair share of day 1 losses in these events.

Suicide Tennis - Wimbledon 2014
Fill-In-The-Draw - US Open 2014
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 11:36 PM   #111

ali(aliyatsu) has a reputation beyond reputeali(aliyatsu) has a reputation beyond reputeali(aliyatsu) has a reputation beyond reputeali(aliyatsu) has a reputation beyond reputeali(aliyatsu) has a reputation beyond reputeali(aliyatsu) has a reputation beyond reputeali(aliyatsu) has a reputation beyond reputeali(aliyatsu) has a reputation beyond reputeali(aliyatsu) has a reputation beyond reputeali(aliyatsu) has a reputation beyond reputeali(aliyatsu) has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
I'm not from the board, but this is such a simple question I see myself fit to answer it

When the player you picks loses, you're out of the tournament, that's the whole point of the game. You can try again next week in Monte Carlo and in subsequent weeks. These 250 events are always tricky especially in the first few days, don't get too discouraged; even the top ranked players have their fair share of day 1 losses in these events.
Thanks Mark.

http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/mt...ies/hatoff.gif

What a quick return!

Last edited by ali(aliyatsu) : 04-06-2015 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Smiles was not shown as an image.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:19 AM   #112

Default Info please

Re: Monte Carlo 2015 Suicide Tennis!

I'd like to play there and cannot find the thread, searching under "Monte Carlo 2015 Suicide". Is this because the thread is yet to come?
Would somebody tell me the link or good way to help myself find it, such as some Forum or Thread, please?

Last edited by ali(aliyatsu) : 04-12-2015 at 11:06 AM.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:57 AM   #113
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rvugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliyatsu View Post
Re: Monte Carlo 2015 Suicide Tennis!

I'd like to play threre and cannot find the thread, searching under "Monte Carlo 2015 Suicide". Is this because the thread is yet to come?

Would somebody tell me the link or good way to help myself find it, such as some Forum or Thread, please?

It is my mistake. I will make the thread in an hour. It is always in the part of the forum of the specific tournament.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

rvugt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 11:13 AM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvugt View Post
It is my mistake. I will make the thread in an hour. It is always in the part of the forum of the specific tournament.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Gracias.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:36 AM   #115

Default Rule confirmation, plz.

Advice, plz

#1 While understanding that in one tournament "we pick one player only once", what about backup? For example, on Day1, Nadal is bu, from D2 on, can we put repeatedly Nadal as bu for D2 or even D2, D3, and so?

#2 Can we cancel a post and replace with second thought before time limit? Actually on presumption that it's acceptable, as I wanted #269 withdrawn, I posted #282 with previous post quoted. But I am not quite sure, if it's OK, I'd like to know the right way.

Thanks.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:38 AM   #116
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rule confirmation, plz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali(aliyatsu) View Post
Advice, plz

#1 While understanding that in one tournament "we pick one player only once", what about backup? For example, on Day1, Nadal is bu, from D2 on, can we put repeatedly Nadal as bu for D2 or even D2, D3, and so?

#2 Can we cancel a post and replace with second thought before time limit? Actually on presumption that it's acceptable, as I wanted #269 withdrawn, I posted #282 with previous post quoted. But I am not quite sure, if it's OK, I'd like to know the right way.

Thanks.

1) There is no limit for BUs that don't come into play. If we assume all matches are indeed played, no WOs, you can in theory have the same player as backup in every round but the final. But if you need him because your main pick's match turns into a WO then he can't be used anymore. Then, however, you can use your main pick again. Point is, only one player is used each day, the one actually playing.

2) Changes are allowed until the first point in the first match is played. Quoting your previous pick and writing in a correction is the best way to do it
vBookie net amount won: 34080 (2015: + 2910, 2014: +24475, 2013: +6795, 2012: -100)
TT singles rank 58 (high 58), Titles: Memphis 2015.... TT doubles rank 41 (high 41). Titles: Quito 2015 (w/scarecrows)
Detailed Tennis Tipping and DTT results

Member of Tennis Tipping board and Suicide Tennis board

Last edited by Litotes : 04-16-2015 at 07:40 AM.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:59 PM   #117

Default Re: Rule confirmation, plz.

^
Got it clearly. Thanks, Litotes!