Mens Tennis Forums banner

David limping through Cincy.

18K views 253 replies 25 participants last post by  Edda 
#1 · (Edited)
#154 ·
:lol: :lol: at the thread title ;)

And I can only agree...what is the meaning to play if he is not 100% fit? Would be much better to rest now for 1 or 2 weeks and be completely healthy for the US Open than to risk and miss the GS....But that´s his decision, he is already a big boy ;) Well, or maybe not anyway...

#156 ·
Do you know if there is a live stream, Ali? Would really like to watch that match!!!

#160 ·
I can only agree, Ali :yeah:

He is really moving like normal and up a break in the 2nd set as well :bounce:

#185 ·
:wavey:

I'm still alive and still a David fan. I haven't been around in the last months due to the passing of both my grandmothers and a friend at work, as well as helping my bf Jon paint and clean his new house. Been missing you ladies.

Anyhow, Jon & I went to the tennis yesterday and saw all of David's match less the last 3 points (it had started to rain and play was suspended, but it was short and play resumed before we could get back to the court). I saw Javi about 30 seconds after walking through the main gate, he was exiting it. David had his left knew taped and a bandage on the outside of the same knee but he tore them off early on and never looked back. I'm glad to report he was playing well and never in danger of losing the match. He still has his temper, throwing his racquet around and complaining when one of his serves was called out, then corrected as in and he had to replay it. Apparently we were sitting in David's section as I heard a lot of "Vamos David" around me. Jon got sunburnt so I don't think we're going back tonight.

#187 ·
:wavey:Isa, good to see you here!

Sorry about your grandparents and friend:hug:. But on a more positive note: Jon stuck around!(or you did, don't know, but still good):)

I watched Marat live and it was appalling, anybody other than Ginepri would have won that match. That includes me and my wheelchair bound, 11 year old, blind cousin.:rolleyes: Glad he's through though, hope he'll have gained some confidence.

David spoke decent English? You think he hired a teacher?:speakles:

#199 ·
:hug: Ali & Linda

Well Jon moved (bought a house) in March to be closer to me, he's in Mason proper and now only 12-15 drive away whereas before it was 35 minutes. Also he's been paying extra on his student loans. For our 1 year anniversary he got me an aquamarine (my birthstone) and diamond white gold ring. I bought him a Blue Ray remote for his Playstation 3 :lol: along with a few other things.

I have coverage of David's match today :D I'd love for him to beat Papa Fed.

#202 ·
I am laughing, crying and shouting all the way through this match. I am SO MAD at David for being 3-1 up in the 3rd and then losing the break straight away (sorry David, I don't mean to be angry but .... arrrrgghhhhhh)

GOOOO DAVVIIIDDD. You can win this match, you really can. Play for your life

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.